Transferring booking to TA

dogsdogs

I did a search, but couldn't find the answer.  Is there a time limit on transferring a booking to a TA?  I have a cruise booked for the end of December, but final payment has been made.  Can I still do the transfer and how is it done?

19 minutes ago, dogsdogs said:

I did a search, but couldn't find the answer.  Is there a time limit on transferring a booking to a TA?  I have a cruise booked for the end of December, but final payment has been made.  Can I still do the transfer and how is it done?

It's now 30 days but as stated above it cannot be transferred if paid in full.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dogsdogs said:

We booked a cruise on 8/19/22 sailing on 10/21/22. A week later the price had dropped. We contacted our TA on 8/25 to transfer in hopes of at least getting some OBC from him because RCCL wouldn't do anything for us. He contacted RCCL, they transferred it to him and we authorized it. Best of all, we got $700 OBC. We originally booked thru RCCL directly and had paid in full instead of going thru our TA. Never again! Hope this helps, and it never hurts to ask!

Just did this. Our TA is associated with an agency in New York for her business.   Her name, phone and business were not in the list.  She gave us main agency name and phone number and that allowed the transfer.   You can also use agency booking code if you have it.  Or do online form when you get home sine Royal needs request from you within 30 days and before final payment date.

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Do you need to give Next Cruise a TA number or something or can it be done after the cruise.?

If your TA booked the cruise you are sailing on it will go directly to them.  If you booked yourself then it will go to you and you can transfer it to them.  

I personally do not find the Next cruise certificates unless you are in a suite to be of value as they are non refundable and your TA most likely has cheaper refundable group rates with early booking OBC that offsets the Next cruise OBC.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If your TA booked the cruise you are sailing on it will go directly to them.  If you booked yourself then it will go to you and you can transfer it to them.  

I personally do not find the Next cruise certificates unless you are in a suite to be of value as they are non refundable and your TA most likely has cheaper refundable group rates with early booking OBC that offsets the Next cruise OBC.

Thanks.  We have a great TA now and would want him to get credit for it.  I heard they might announce Icon the 18th.  I thought if they do I would like to check if I could book a TA when it sails to the states.  I normally don't look at next cruise.   If they had a good price on a Jr Suite I would probably book because if I understand correctly,  they don't do group rates for jr suites.   I really want to try Icon when it comes out.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 11:40 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Just found this out today.  We had a NC certificate that we needed to book with as it was going to expire.  Finally decided to try a TA again and was recommended one.  Contacted her and she had a great group booking rate but said it was a tossup as to whether or not she could get us the group rate if we booked on our own and transferred to her (she gave more details but...).  Her group rate saved us over $700 and she tossed in a small amount of OBC so we chose to just book directly with her and use the NC certificate for a smaller, less expensive cruise next year.  Heck, even if we let it expire we would still be saving a good bit!

10 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

Just found this out today.  We had a NC certificate that we needed to book with as it was going to expire.  Finally decided to try a TA again and was recommended one.  Contacted her and she had a great group booking rate but said it was a tossup as to whether or not she could get us the group rate if we booked on our own and transferred to her (she gave more details but...).  Her group rate saved us over $700 and she tossed in a small amount of OBC so we chose to just book directly with her and use the NC certificate for a smaller, less expensive cruise next year.  Heck, even if we let it expire we would still be saving a good bit!

FYI

You can transfer the next cruise certificate over and book at regular rates.  After that you can transfer it to the group and have it repriced to the group rate.  The booking will still stay non refundable but you keep the next cruise OBC and of course the $200 you initially paid for the deposit although you will have to increase the deposit to the full deposit amount.  Group bookings do not allow for the reduced deposit amounts and must be increased.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1