Queens Grill on QE

ClefsDor

We were on a waitlist for a Queens Grill stateroom for an 8 day cruise in November and we got the good news that we cleared the waitlist and we are now confirmed and booked in a Q4 penthouse. We're very excited. We've previously only sailed on Crystal so it's going to be a new experience for us and one I'm certain we will thoroughly enjoy. I do have a couple of questions. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the opening times for the Queens Grill restaurant and also if pressing is included as a perk for the QG staterooms? If it's not included does anyone have a price list for pressing? TIA

Shame pressing isn't included. The prices for pressing are quite reasonable but the 2 day turn around for normal service will see us ironing our outfits for the first couple of days and the rest we'll send off as soon as we've unpacked. Ironing is not my strong suit 😃

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

Shame pressing isn't included. The prices for pressing are quite reasonable but the 2 day turn around for normal service will see us ironing our outfits for the first couple of days and the rest we'll send off as soon as we've unpacked. Ironing is not my strong suit 😃

Just leave it to hang. It’ll be fine. I haven’t ironed anything since 1991, and nobody has noticed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Just leave it to hang. It’ll be fine. I haven’t ironed anything since 1991, and nobody has noticed.

A girl after my own heart!

I don't do ironing if I can help it at the best of times and definitely not onboard.  Judicious packing and lots of steam from the shower usually does the trick for us although husbands cotton/dress shirts do go to laundry.

• Like 1

I'm completely the opposite , I have to admit I have an obsession with the iron.

I have a ritual every evening at 6pm when onboard, I have to run an iron over the folds of my shirts for the evening, I even carry a tin of spray starch for the Double Cuffs , I also have to press out the creases from the seat of my trousers if I'm wearing the same suit from the previous evening.

I'm often seen nipping along the corridor to the laundry room in a Towelling Robe every evening at six . 🤭  

18 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

I'm completely the opposite , I have to admit I have an obsession with the iron.

I have a ritual every evening at 6pm when onboard, I have to run an iron over the folds of my shirts for the evening, I even carry a tin of spray starch for the Double Cuffs , I also have to press out the creases from the seat of my trousers if I'm wearing the same suit from the previous evening.

I'm often seen nipping along the corridor to the laundry room in a Towelling Robe every evening at six . 🤭  

Fine, so long as it makes you happy. I don’t suppose many others notice either way.

On 10/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, Host Hattie said:

Congratulations, this is Queen Victoria but QE should be similar for QG 

Screenshot_20221004-105223~5.png

Why don’t they just say Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner instead of ‘In the Morning…’ etc. 🙂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Se1lad said:

Why don’t they just say Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner instead of ‘In the Morning…’ etc. 🙂

Because they choose not to, perhaps. And different people give different names to different meals. My northern relatives would have called a 6.30 pm meal tea, for instance.

33 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Because they choose not to, perhaps. And different people give different names to different meals. My northern relatives would have called a 6.30 pm meal tea, for instance.

I’d have thought that for people with limited English calling them Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner would be easier to understand.

Edit: I obviously mean people travelling on Cunard where English is not their first language - I am not referring to people from Northern England!

Edited by Se1lad