"Live" Regal Princess, Oct 26 to Dec 2, Rome to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

We are onboard!  We were picked up at our hotel at 10:45 and driven to the ship in 45 minutes.  Their are 4 ships in port today.

We arrived at the boarding building, no one in security line or check-in line.  We were curb to cabin in 10 minutes!

Now to the weeks worth of dirty laundry!

Btw, I tried to upload a photo of the port from our balcony, no luck.  I tried numerous times.  Not a good sign!😬

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are onboard!  We were picked up at our hotel at 10:45 and driven to the ship in 45 minutes.  Their are 4 ships in port today.

We arrived at the boarding building, no one in security line or check-in line.  We were curb to cabin in 10 minutes!

Btw, I tried to upload a photo of the port from our balcony, no luck.  I tried numerous times.  Not a good sign!😬

Awesome news about boarding!

Speaking of internet, would you possibly have a couple of minutes to swing by the internet cafe and see if they are honoring the pre-cruise internet price of $10/day for a single device?  My app is wrong and I want to wait until onboard to purchase, but don't want to if the rate is higher.  TIA!

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Welcome aboard!

I tried to upload some photos from Pompeii early this morning and had no luck.... assumed that it was a CC issue.

Laundry has been taking 3 days for us.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

Welcome aboard!

I tried to upload some photos from Pompeii early this morning and had no luck.... assumed that it was a CC issue.

Laundry has been taking 3 days for us.

Thanks for the laundry info.  We usually only send out about 25% of our things (anything that a hot wash can't ruin).  My DW is in the laundrymat as we speak, she said it was empty.

@pompeii  I will try later on our way to Vines.

Our MTG invitation was waiting for us.

20221026_134028.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the laundry info.  We usually only send out about 25% of our things (anything that a hot wash can't ruin).  My DW is in the laundrymat as we speak, she said it was empty.

@pompeii  I will try later on our way to Vines.

Our MTG invitation was waiting for us.

20221026_134028.jpg

Our invite was waiting too

20221025_094153.jpg

• Like 3

It is MOST enjoyable to read everyones thoughts, comments  and to view the great photos.

We are sitting in Paris  and due to everything here we are reading....the anticipation builds daily for our arrival at port for the transatlantic voyage on the Regal.

thanks to all

• Like 2

It has been great looking at your many pictures of Tuscany and Florence.  Brings back many memories.  Looking forward to our on our own in Florence on Nov. 8th and our Tuscany wine tastings on November 18th.  It is hard to not have a great time in Italy.   Looking forward to more postings as you continue your journey.  We leave home a week from tomorrow and I am so ready.

• Like 1

Here is the current Officer board.

On Nov 6th, Nicola Furlan will return as the DRO (Maitre'd).  Miroslav will return to his normal position as the Lido Manager (Asst. Maitre'd). 

Princess has started a new rotation system by having the Lido Manager fill-in while the DRO goes on leave.  In the past, they had roving Maitre'd's that would fill-in.  A money saving maneuver.

20221027_082704.jpg

• Like 3

An absolutely perfect weather day today again. We are sitting in deck 17 at the retreat pool looking at a mirror calm seas.

Decided to book some time in the sanctuary while on the crossing. There are many more loungers there than either the sky or enchanted.

Based on our progress, we expect to see stromboli today....we passed it twice but in the night so never got a view during the last 11 days.

Formal night tonight.

Kotor tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

An absolutely perfect weather day today again. We are sitting in deck 17 at the retreat pool looking at a mirror calm seas.

Decided to book some time in the sanctuary while on the crossing. There are many more loungers there than either the sky or enchanted.

Based on our progress, we expect to see stromboli today....we passed it twice but in the night so never got a view during the last 11 days.

Formal night tonight.

Kotor tomorrow.

We did the same this morning, booked the Sanctuary for all 7 days of the crossing.

Btw, we streamed Netflix last night, no issues.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We did the same this morning, booked the Sanctuary for all 7 days of the crossing.

How were you able to book sanctuary so far in advance...hope there are seats left when we board

33 minutes ago, Denmal said:

How were you able to book sanctuary so far in advance...hope there are seats left when we board

It was not a problem.  They had the schedule all the way to the end of the year.  There was only one other reservation for that week, I believe it was @chrysalis.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Here is the current Officer board.

On Nov 6th, Nicola Furlan will return as the DRO (Maitre'd).  Miroslav will return to his normal position as the Lido Manager (Asst. Maitre'd). 

Princess has started a new rotation system by having the Lido Manager fill-in while the DRO goes on leave.  In the past, they had roving Maitre'd's that would fill-in.  A money saving maneuver.

So sad to have missed Nicola.  Thanks for the info.  I didn't bother asking when he was returning while I was on board since it was highly doubtful I'd see him.  I did want to have a chat with him about DMW.

• Like 1

Internet was terrible the first week (OCT 01 depart), and then it got better and seemed to settle in to the typical.  I started out on Day 1 saying I was going to be asking for a refund it was so bad.  Then, I decided I would ask for some compensation, but then it got better as I mention, so I didn't bother complaining about the first several days.  Glad it working well for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denmal said:

This is what makes it a real challenge in the Caribbean sector since they always take bookings for the next voyage from the B2B guests.  So, it doesn't really matter much if they do it a week ahead or a day ahead - the B2B'er gets first dibs.

Another perfect weather day today in Kotor Montenegro.... anchored well up the fjord and enjoyed a long tender ride to and from town.

Heard that next cruise will only have 1700 pax and the crossing portion will be down to 1500 passenger.

We will be back in Kotor again next cruise.

Tomorrow is another sea day....

• Like 4