Live from Majestic Princess - 20th October 2022

Arxcards,

I just read your detailed review and noticed you talked about the plugs in your mini-suite. 

We will have a mini suite on 186FF4EB-E83B-4B54-93C9-F4A1B43153E8.thumb.jpeg.057f6c402bfb5cd21e967dcce7f571d1.jpeg006F7050-C673-4C6E-928F-5CAA54FA5964.thumb.jpeg.483db9e279bf962c3d448c2cf6f2c191.jpegour April Majestic cruise and would like to know if the plugs on the Majestic is the same as what we now have in our mini suite on Discovery?

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Arxcards,

When you were on Majestic, do you remember seeing the new filter water machine in the buffet area? I am currently on Discovery and it has that machine. I will be on Majestic next April for 27 days, and if Majestic has that machine, then I will not pre-purchase my bottled water from Princess (6 bottles of 500ml for $7 USD).  Thank you  5F0AFA01-BD02-49E7-B790-A40B7D446EA0.thumb.jpeg.57ad6bc933ba073e6f42d708de68e43f.jpeg

Seeing this I wondered what water is put in the machine. Water sourced from onshore or ship water which I imagine would be quite pure to start with?

Flowater claims for purity look quite impressive.

https://drinkflowater.com/blog/sustainable-water-purification-system/

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Seeing this I wondered what water is put in the machine. Water sourced from onshore or ship water which I imagine would be quite pure to start with?

Flowater claims for purity look quite impressive.

https://drinkflowater.com/blog/sustainable-water-purification-system/

Do you have to pay to use this machine?

8 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I guess I will just purchase the pre-cruise bottled water, just like my prior cruises. It is 12-pk of 500ml for $7.08. If purchase after on the ship, then it is $2/bottle. 

Hi.  Where were you able to pre-purchase bottled water prior to your cruise.  Was it via the App or online Personaliser, or did you purchase from supermarket ??

Edited by CCC's

4 minutes ago, CCC's said:

Hi.  Where were you able to pre-purchase bottled water prior to your cruise.  Was it via the App or online Personaliser?

Hi there 

Are you aware that the tap water on cruise ships is totally fine and safe to drink? They use it in the bars, dining rooms, buffets.. 

🙂😉

1 hour ago, buchhalm said:

Are you aware that the tap water on cruise ships is totally fine and safe to drink?

Yes, it's safe enough, but that doesn't necessarily make it palatable.  I hate heavily chlorinated drinking water, though you can improve the smell by placing the water in a bowl and just exposing it to air for a while.  Boiling also helps, but how can you do that in a cabin?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Arxcards,

I just read your detailed review and noticed you talked about the plugs in your mini-suite. 

We will have a mini suite on 186FF4EB-E83B-4B54-93C9-F4A1B43153E8.thumb.jpeg.057f6c402bfb5cd21e967dcce7f571d1.jpeg006F7050-C673-4C6E-928F-5CAA54FA5964.thumb.jpeg.483db9e279bf962c3d448c2cf6f2c191.jpegour April Majestic cruise and would like to know if the plugs on the Majestic is the same as what we now have in our mini suite on Discovery?

Very similar, except the one with the three socket holes above each other has an Australian outlet instead. We had 2 x US, 2 x Euro, 1 x AU, and 2 x USB sockets.

14 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Majestic is showing on the NSW Health site as Tier 3 - any news from those on board about what the situation is?

I saw a post on FB saying 800 cases, and another person that was onboard reckoned that was about right. 😯

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

32 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Majestic is showing on the NSW Health site as Tier 3 - any news from those on board about what the situation is?

It was on the news this evening that it will be arriving in Sydney tomorrow am with 800+ people on board with COVID. That’s a 1/4 of all the people (staff and passengers) on board. Have also seen it mentioned that some medical transfers may be necessary… 😞 

15 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I saw a post on FB saying 800 cases, and another person that was onboard reckoned that was about right. 😯

Unless Majestic announced the actual number aboard, which I doubt, that is just a stab. As we noticed on the previous cruise, some of the resident bar experts have absolutely no idea on numbers, but are happy to share their inaccurate accounts.

Based on what I think the current number of passengers and crew, tier 3 would kick in at around 430.

As much as I would like to rely on news accounts, they just read social media like anyone else. Also considering that at 800, that is nowhere near 1/4 of the approx 4300 people aboard.

It is only in the past 24hrs they triggered 3%, so to get to 10% from a round of tests is staggering in itself. Between NSW authorities and Majestic Princess, tier 3 is all that will be announced - no specific numbers.

Great to see that cruising is at the forefront of the current surge. I am having a bit of rebound of some of my symptoms, so another quiet weekend ahead. Once again, I don't blame the ship, but the gross manners of a small number of the passengers aboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 10:45 AM, Wanderers2 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Alfredo's menu?

Sorry I didn't get back earlier. Posting multiple photos with the latency of satellite internet and the sites' BBcode is quite a challenge.

20221025_124853.thumb.jpg.edb2da45768f9b11f8a1a33a363a71cf.jpg

20221025_124934.thumb.jpg.3f7d472d3c27368e5c8029810d8c5033.jpg

20221025_124941.thumb.jpg.4dc626ea633c75bedc07f59f52c511e9.jpg

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Unless Majestic announced the actual number aboard, which I doubt, that is just a stab. As we noticed on the previous cruise, some of the resident bar experts have absolutely no idea on numbers, but are happy to share their inaccurate accounts.

Based on what I think the current number of passengers and crew, tier 3 would kick in at around 430.

As much as I would like to rely on news accounts, they just read social media like anyone else. Also considering that at 800, that is nowhere near 1/4 of the approx 4300 people aboard.

It is only in the past 24hrs they triggered 3%, so to get to 10% from a round of tests is staggering in itself. Between NSW authorities and Majestic Princess, tier 3 is all that will be announced - no specific numbers.

Great to see that cruising is at the forefront of the current surge. I am having a bit of rebound of some of my symptoms, so another quiet weekend ahead. Once again, I don't blame the ship, but the gross manners of a small number of the passengers aboard.

Actually the Coral count of 300+ when it was Tier 3 was probably accurate. A passenger we sat next to at dinner one night walked every deck counting tables outside doors. He counted 253. If more than one person had Covid in say 20% of those cabins it would easily reach 300. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Thanks for the replies. It is all a bit muddy as last time I looked she was Tier 1 and I was happy - must have missed the move to Tier 2. I am boarding in a bit over a week so hoping things settle down a lot by then. 🙁

Edited by Aussieflyer

6 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

Thanks for the replies. It is all a bit muddy as last time I looked she was Tier 1 and I was happy - must have missed the move to Tier 2. I am boarding in a bit over a week so hoping things settle down a lot by then. 🙁

If the crew is largely healthy, she will likely be back to tier 1 after disembark. The joy of a reset after each cruise.

Tier 2 triggered yesterday, and showed when NSW updated their page earlier today. The tier 2 triggered a pre-arrival RAT for everyone, taken this morning. That net caught a heap of fish to get to T3 - quite a haul.

The last night of a cruise can be fun, fitting in as much as possible before getting kicked-off the next morning. Ahh, to have tested negative and having the run of the good spirits bar tonight. Great fun for those that dodged the bug.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Actually the Coral count of 300+ when it was Tier 3 was probably accurate. A passenger we sat next to at dinner one night walked every deck counting tables outside doors. He counted 253. If more than one person had Covid in say 20% of those cabins it would easily reach 300. 

Just saw this and did a quick search of the media this morning. It's disappointing at just how lazy they have all become. All quoting the magic number of 800 as though it was a fact.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nnps said:

Just saw this and did a quick search of the media this morning. It's disappointing at just how lazy they have all become. All quoting the magic number of 800 as though it was a fact.

They love a number.

As with channel 9, I couldn't find much to argue about. Even the "covid riddled" phrase isn't exaggerated in this case. Still, their first coverage said "we are hearing 800", but subsequent reports are quoting 800. Someone on social media has quoted that number, so they will run with it, and it is monkey see, monkey do between all of the news outlets.

I get the feeling someone has done the tables in corridor maths and about 400 tables has become about 800 infections, but it isn't that simple. It is extremely unlikely that Majestic will have announced an actual number.

Still, not to get hung-up with the number, the ship has gone from being healthy to tier 3 in a matter of 11 days, and that spells having little control over the spread of the virus aboard. Officers aboard need to be able to see what is happening with passenger hygiene, because blind Freddy can. To just assume there is no covid until a few passengers have tested positive is very short-sighted, and then the horse has bolted. I look around on the previous cruise, and so many just don't give a rats about the health of those around them, and way too hard to be bothered covering a cough or a sneeze. The Aussie media are not the problem.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Will Covid positive passengers that live interstate have to abide by isolating in hotels or will some of them attempt to catch their flights home do you think. I did read princess is looking after the infected ones. Will not affect me when I cruise as I will be cruising from Brisbane and will have my own vehicle handy if unfortunate enough to catch Covid. Just interested to know the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnGc said:

Will Covid positive passengers that live interstate have to abide by isolating in hotels or will some of them attempt to catch their flights home do you think. I did read princess is looking after the infected ones. Will not affect me when I cruise as I will be cruising from Brisbane and will have my own vehicle handy if unfortunate enough to catch Covid. Just interested to know the facts.

As the requirement for isolation (on land) is no longer current, I can't see why positive cases wouldn't legally be allowed to fly. The advice is to isolate but if that is not possible then you should wear a mask and minimise time in the community. Airline requirements are set by states/territories now as well.