Excursion Waitlisted

larrybritt

11 minutes ago, larrybritt said:

Has anyone got put on an excursion waitlist. We have for a trip on 12/27 and was curious what anyone has experienced. What are the odds it might open up and maybe they will save some for onboard signups?

Do know what number you are on the waitlist? I have no help here, but somebody else might be able to make a guess based on the waitlist number.

15 minutes ago, larrybritt said:

Has anyone got put on an excursion waitlist. We have for a trip on 12/27 and was curious what anyone has experienced. What are the odds it might open up and maybe they will save some for onboard signups?

It’s contingent on availability of tour operators, as they may add more buses. And of course, if current guests cancel.

We’ve only been cleared once OB.

But, it’s really just a guess.

a) They do not save slots for on board purchase. Many times on embarkation day there is a list of excursions that have been sold out.

b) One poster above said they never did clear the wait list. Each cruise is different, but the few times we had to wait list before a cruise, tickets were in our cabin on the first day.

c) If you have not cleared the list by embarkation day, go by the excursion desk as soon as you can and check your status. Don't assume that the wait lists were properly sent on to the ship. If the excursion desk is not open when you get there, fill out the form for the excursion you want, indicating that you were on a pre-cruise wait list, and deposit the form in the box/slot provided.

A few weeks before my cruise, I got an emailed notification that a slot had opened up for an excursion which I was on the wait list.  I had 2 or 3 days to pay for it.  If I hadn't paid, I assume I would have lost the spot.   Someone on this board recommended checking your cruise details on your account every few days for the status, just in case the email is misdirected or missed. 

Good luck!