Seaborne Source App

JPH814

I think the issue is that some tour operators are set up to work with scanning tickets; it's probably how they bill the cruise line or make sure they get paid for everyone on an excursion. In other cases, once the cruise line checks you off by name and room number, the tour operator has a headcount and that's all that's needed. This is why it can vary at different ports, and even different excursions at the same port. 

On 10/26/2022 at 1:41 AM, calm down dear said:

Yesterday I encountered 2 couples who had missed their tour as they had not been reminded of their tour. They had been on board awhile and completely forgot. It’s not that you don’t get tickets, you also don’t get a reminder, except if you go into source and you will get a banner saying “tour today” but many older people are not glued to their phones. Their pleas at Seabourn square didn’t work.

Today for the first time I recall, CD Ross was making a big thing of “always check the source, your tickets are there, you must access it and then navigate to the wallet section and tickets are there” - sorry but this is not on for many of the guests and today we helped a couple access stuff. I simply don’t understand why you can’t have a paper reminder for something you have paid for but we get spa and boutique flyers daily.

Interesting. I just got off 12 days on the Quest and had absolutely no flyers in my cabin for the so or the boutique.  

As for the need for  reminders?  That is just silly.  

9 hours ago, JPH814 said:

Interesting. I just got off 12 days on the Quest and had absolutely no flyers in my cabin for the so or the boutique.  

As for the need for  reminders?  That is just silly.  

Thanks for starting this thread. I think the Source App is a step in the right direction. As usage of smartphones become more common, the future is with app like this. However, currently, the Source App is still work in progress. I wish Seabourn/HAL has an IT person monitoring cc. We can then report bugs and make suggestions for improvement or for adding new features.

• Like 1

We did 3 back-to-back cruises on the Odyssey in February and found the Source App a Source of Frustration. It began with boarding when my app kept freezing. It got worse when the messages from our friends to meet for drinks or lunch would show up 7 or 8 hours later. And it got even worse when information was out of date, disappeared and then sometimes reappeared. In contrast, we had a positive experience with the NCL app on a cruise in November. 

So, until the Source App is more reliable and functional, my suggestion is that SB offer customers a choice of using the Source App or getting their information and tickets in paper form. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/25/2022 at 3:45 PM, Mr Luxury said:

Safe flight back Julie.

Hi,

Just letting you know we safely got off the island and as lovely as it was we are glad to be off from isolation.

We are now staying at One and Only at Wolgan Valley 3 hours drive outside of Sydney. Anyone wanting a special treat post arrival in Sydney this is it. We have our own indoor heated lap pool, we look out onto the blue mountains where we have seen wombats and multiple kangaroos and birds. Staff are lovely, though young and from various parts of the world. We had a lovely long hike this morning.

IMG_8439.thumb.jpeg.6a2d8ddfb3c915997ab51d3d502ae648.jpegIMG_8442.thumb.jpeg.ec4d32f0870e0719651f7beec5e09b8a.jpegIMG_8446.thumb.jpeg.d4911c78fe6f2e84ba0f784fa2c18c2d.jpeg

Julie

• Like 4

We were on Odyssey in May, and I thought the Source App was a good idea, but clearly not ready to shoulder the communication burden alone.  As others have mentioned, it would be nice if the information were also available via a website so that they could be accessed by a laptop besides just on a phone.  The phone is just too small a screen to view it efficiently, IMO.

My biggest complaint about the app was that the Herald did not appear in the Source App until the morning, or at least after I retired for the evening (not that early, either).  How can I figure out what time I need to get up if I do not know the morning schedule the night before?  I asked my suite attendant paper copies and was initially told it was not possible.  Eventually I discovered that there is a supply of them in Seabourn Square, and occasionally they even delivered a paper copy to my room.  If they can print it the evening before, they should be able to put it on the app then also, but apparently they could not.

As for the electronic tickets, I would not mind that so much if they had worked properly.  I got the tickets, but on my phone they never included the bar codes.  DH has exactly the same (Android) phone, and he did get the bar codes.  Very weird.  Fortunately, we did the excursions together and both tickets were on both phones, so they were able to scan my ticket on his phone.  And yes, we had tours where the barcode had to be scanned.  I don't know what they would have done if I were on my own with the ticket but no bar code, but they would not have liked it at all.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Hi,

Just letting you know we safely got off the island and as lovely as it was we are glad to be off from isolation.

We are now staying at One and Only at Wolgan Valley 3 hours drive outside of Sydney. Anyone wanting a special treat post arrival in Sydney this is it. We have our own indoor heated lap pool, we look out onto the blue mountains where we have seen wombats and multiple kangaroos and birds. Staff are lovely, though young and from various parts of the world. We had a lovely long hike this morning.

IMG_8439.thumb.jpeg.6a2d8ddfb3c915997ab51d3d502ae648.jpegIMG_8442.thumb.jpeg.ec4d32f0870e0719651f7beec5e09b8a.jpegIMG_8446.thumb.jpeg.d4911c78fe6f2e84ba0f784fa2c18c2d.jpeg

Julie

Looks lovely Julie,

Glad you and Keith are OK and enjoying the Wolgan Valley.

Next cruise?

Well, currently on Sojourn, 2 days into the T/A.

The app? Not yet ready for prime time. It cra**ed out several times at embarkation day in Lisbon, so the painfully added boarding passes were not always available. But I had a printed copy for that eventuality, mistrusting sob that I am. However nobody actually looked at them. Just the passports.

However, now 90% of the guests wander round with their cellphones in hand -- just like a bunch of teenagers. I had hoped to get away from that by booking a SB cruise, but, alas....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, twochromic said:

The app? Not yet ready for prime time. It cra**ed out several times at embarkation day in Lisbon, so the painfully added boarding passes were not always available. But I had a printed copy for that eventuality, mistrusting sob that I am. However nobody actually looked at them. Just the passports.

However, now 90% of the guests wander round with their cellphones in hand -- just like a bunch of teenagers. I had hoped to get away from that by booking a SB cruise, but, alas....

You don't really need your phone and can do almost anything on the ship by other means.

I have the app but don't bother to use it on board.

I like to leave my phone in the safe unless I am going ashore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

You don't really need your phone and can do almost anything on the ship by other means.

I have the app but don't bother to use it on board.

I like to leave my phone in the safe unless I am going ashore.

Of course. We use the iPads and laptop. But as we wander around, a huge % are hanging onto their phones. Looks like a high school hallway!

21 hours ago, twochromic said:

It is precisely because 90% of the guests are wandering around with cellphones in their hands that SB should continue to develop and to mprove the Source App.