Carnival Luminosa - the prices keep dropping

On 10/22/2022 at 9:51 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

Check direct with Carnival Australia and tick the box for over 55 (if it applies) and see what comes up for their Nov & Dec 2022 cruisesĀ 

Yes I did that for Dec 2022. Ā Unfortunately it wouldn't let me complete the booking. Ā Now I have sent an on line booking request ?

13 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

I had to Google that. I thought "Luminosa" was a Costa ship.

šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Costa Luminosa used to be, but is now Luminosa, Carnival ship, home ported in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:18 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

We havenā€™t stayed there yet but have a look at Kingsford Smith hotel - Ā they do a shuttle to the new cruise port

We have stayed at Kingsford smith several times. They are compact but very clean. It's an easy walk across the road & you are at Portside the old cruise port with plenty of food outlets & restaurants even a little supermarket & cinema.Ā  Great walks along the river as well.

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

They must be desperate. I've had offers every day. Today was balcony at @$250 pp for November and early December sailings. Too bad I'm in Melbourne. If I was in Brisbane I would have b2b2b

We are in Brisbane, but have a Sunshine Coast holiday booked with our family from late Nov into December.

18 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

They must be desperate. I've had offers every day. Today was balcony at @$250 pp for November and early December sailings. Too bad I'm in Melbourne. If I was in Brisbane I would have b2b2b

Ykoou must be special. Ā I've tried several times to make a booking enquiry for December and it gets stuck before it finishes. Ā Said to make an online booking enquiry, which I did, and said they would get back to me, but I haven't heard back yet. Ā  Ā Mine was a solo booking for over 55 enquiry. Ā 

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

You must be special. Ā I've tried several times to make a booking enquiry for early December and it gets stuck before it finishes. Ā Said to make an online booking enquiry, which I did, and said they would get back to me, but I haven't heard back yet. Ā  Ā Mine was a solo booking for over 55 enquiry. Ā 

Ā 

Tryed all day , cannot get through to call centre . Need to apply ffc and obc cannot do on line . Lomanosa Qld 55+ price are unbelievable compared to prices in 8 months.šŸ˜ƒ might just pay and get applied later , oct 31 was cutoff.Ā 

33 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Tryed all day , cannot get through to call centre . Need to apply ffc and obc cannot do on line . Lomanosa Qld 55+ price are unbelievable compared to prices in 8 months.šŸ˜ƒ might just pay and get applied later , oct 31 was cutoff.Ā 

Just book it as the super bargain price might go up, and get Carnival to apply the FCC BEFORE Monday as it's the 31st. You can put a free hold on it for about 98 hours or something. That's what I did. If you can't get through on the phone, send an email.Ā 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Just book it as the super bargain price might go up, and get Carnival to apply the FCC BEFORE Monday as it's the 31st. You can put a free hold on it for about 98 hours or something. That's what I did. If you can't get through on the phone, send an email.Ā 

They posted on FB that Carnival FCC has been extended to 31st DecemberĀ 

Ā 

^^ANNOUNCEMENT FROM CARNIVALĀ 

We are happy to advise that our Future Cruise Credit (FCC) with enhanced Onboard Credit (OBC) offer has been extended to 31 December 2022.

Important: After 31 December 2022 the enhanced OBC offer will expire and you will be entitled to the FCC portion only.

Thank you for your support

Edited by rkmw
  • Thanks 2

Help please - This is my first experience trying to make a booking with Carnival and it is not a happy one.

Ā I've tried numerous times to make a booking on line and I also phoned. Ā I was told they would phone back, but I haven't had a return call yet.Ā 

I get to "offer code KSE", then I just get a blank page!

Has anyone actually made a booking and what did you pay for a solo?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

39 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Help please - This is my first experience trying to make a booking with Carnival and it is not a happy one.

Ā I've tried numerous times to make a booking on line and I also phoned. Ā I was told they would phone back, but I haven't had a return call yet.Ā 

I get to "offer code KSE", then I just get a blank page!

Has anyone actually made a booking and what did you pay for a solo?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Booking Enquiry sticks on "Room Number Panel". Ā Looks like they don't want to give me a room number!

Do you think Apple Laptop could be blocking booking?

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Booking Enquiry sticks on "Room Number Panel". Ā Looks like they don't want to give me a room number!

Do you think Apple Laptop could be blocking booking?

Iā€™m not sure what your problem is but I donā€™t have any trouble

Iā€™m doing a solo 4 night cruise from Brisbane 11/12/22 and the fare is $489 for an obstructed cabin which is a good price for a solo

they do have some other good prices

6/11/22 7 nights obstructed $633

13/11/22 7 nights obstructed $555

11/12/22 4 nights obstructed $489

15/12/22 3 nights obstructed $350

if you have a VIFP number and tick over 55 and change the room from 2 to 1

and all you do is when you find the cabin you want just click on continue until you get to the payment page

if your not sure about the booking you can put it on a 98 hour hold if the cruise is past final payment but if itā€™s due soon full payment would need to be paid

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Iā€™m not sure what your problem is but I donā€™t have any trouble

Iā€™m doing a solo 4 night cruise from Brisbane 11/12/22 and the fare is $489 for an obstructed cabin which is a good price for a solo

they do have some other good prices

6/11/22 7 nights obstructed $633

13/11/22 7 nights obstructed $555

11/12/22 4 nights obstructed $489

15/12/22 3 nights obstructed $350

if you have a VIFP number and tick over 55 and change the room from 2 to 1

and all you do is when you find the cabin you want just click on continue until you get to the payment page

if your not sure about the booking you can put it on a 98 hour hold if the cruise is past final payment but if itā€™s due soon full payment would need to be paid

Thanks! Ā Yes I do all that to ""change the room from 2 to 1", Ā and then empty white page - they don't offer me any cabin numbers from which to choose. Ā Cruise I'm interested is 4/12/22.

Plot thickens - Ā I looked at a TA's website and it only offered me inside cabins. Ā 

Just set off the fire alarm - doing too many things at once!

9 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Good luck.

Thanks. Ā I'm organising the ports of call whilst I wait on line. Ā Talk about being a positive thinker. Ā I only want -

• 4/12/22
  • balcony
  • Ā on port side
  • Ā between passenger deck
  • Ā as low down as possibleĀ 

Ā 

And I'm busy all day, except for next 45 mins!

Ā 

55 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

I was encountering the same problem. Ended up ringing cruise planner to make the booking. Try ringingĀ 1800 07 3489Ā ext 44432

Just Ā got through Ā I had an excellent operator. Ā The price at the end was a shock because only people who have cruised with Carnival before are entitled to the discount offer. Ā 

And I had Airlie Beach all organised already!!

I have a Doctors appt soon so I'll read his emails later.

PM I'm going to Godspell at the lovely little Hayes Theatre at Elizabeth Bay.

Thanks so much for your advice as at least I got to talk to a live person. Ā 

How desperate are Carnival to fill the Carnival Luminosa.Ā  Free cruise! OBC is the same as the cost of the stateroom.šŸ¤©Ā Unfortunately, I am unable to take advantage of this offer. Hopefully they make me a similar offer next year.šŸ¤ž

Ā 

T&C's "Offer may only be redeemed by the recipient of this offer with a matching VIFP number on max. 2 cruises.Ā Onboard Credit (OBC) is in AUD and applied to the first 2 people in each room-$250 pp (up to $500/room)."

image.thumb.png.93a6b812f58b7305f10b988c019984ab.png

2 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Holy cow that's beyond cheap. Have you cruised a lot with Carnival is they why the low prices?

3 cruises for a total of 45 days. Last cruise was in 2018. If they keep up these last minute prices next year, I'm in.šŸ˜