Coral Princess in lockdown

Cali Viajera

15 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Not exactly "locked down". According to the article, those who tested positive were in quarantine for 5 days and the ship is proceeding to other ports.

Misleading headline.

It says only the infected are in lockdown:

Covid-infected holidaymakers on cruise ship have been put into lockdown 

9 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you.  That’s normal protocol to isolate those with covid. Duh!

The media is something else.

Some media here is just pathetic. Added to this is that Western Australia was our own North Korea like, hermit kingdom with Covid. They had closed borders longer than any other States here, and it no surprise any outbreak there has led to some hysteria by some (only some) media outlets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, capriccio said:

This was posted a few hours ago by the Original Poster of the "live from" thread linked above who unfortunately tested positive for Covid around the same time as that posting.

20221025_121936.jpg

Actually says nothing about the real situation, says nothing about what Princess is specifically doing to stop the spread of Covid on this ship and is just corporate white washing.  

I believe the media as has often been right in cases with Princess and the reporting of diseases on their ships.  I am sure we have all been on Princess ships when letters like this come from the Captain and the situation was worse then let on even though they say not to worry.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

I am sure we have all been on Princess ships when letters like this come from the Captain and the situation was worse then let on even though they say not to worry.

By the time this letter came out on the Island, there were many, many, many cases.  Lots of crew were disappearing. Like you said, far worse. 

21 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

Actually says nothing about the real situation, says nothing about what Princess is specifically doing to stop the spread of Covid on this ship and is just corporate white washing.  

I believe the media as has often been right in cases with Princess and the reporting of diseases on their ships.  I am sure we have all been on Princess ships when letters like this come from the Captain and the situation was worse then let on even though they say not to worry.

Have you read the last 3 or 4 days of the thread?  If not, I encourage you to do so.  At least in the OP's case she is recuperating in her cabin, she seems very pleased with the medical services (they do have anti-virals on board and the doctor recommended she begin them), food and drink are being delivered to the cabin, etc.

• Like 2

Every time I read something about COVID on the Coral Princess, I think about that couple from Brisbane who were reported on several media sources to be living on the ship for two years. I thought at the time how optimistic they were to be doing this in the age of COVID. I hope they are cruising on, unscathed, and will remain healthy. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

I'm certain that what ever Princess is doing will not meet your standards

• Like 2
  • Haha 2