Can anyone help me with a couple of things?

tizwiz

DH and I are going on a short QM cruise in December from Southampton. It is the first time we have tried Cunard and over many years have previously kept to smaller luxury all-inclusive lines. However we decided to give them a go and are booked in a QG suite which we are looking forward to. However I find that the website is a bit useless and available information is a bit lacking. Maybe its just me! Anyway can anyone help me with the following:

- Why would our cruise have vanished from the website? It just isn't there anymore. Is it because it is fully booked or do I need to worry that they are going to cancel it? We have already had another cruise (different line) cancelled next year so it does happen.

- Does anyone know where berth 106 is in Southampton? I think it is in the Mayflower dock perhaps? Do CPS do the parking there and is it easy to find? We have never been to Southampton before.

- We are celebrating a significant anniversary this year (50th) . Would Cunard do anything special if I were to mention it? And who do I contact?

If anyone can provide any information I would be very grateful

If you select sold out voyages when you search it should re-appear.

Berth 106 is Mayflower Terminal, the terminals are well sign posted. 

They will sell you various celebration packages for your anniversary, once you're onboard you can order a special dinner.

Berth 106 does appear to be the 'mayflower' terminal see the 'port plan' at https://www.abports.co.uk/media/n2qpmrlo/southampton-port-plan-2022.pdf

There is a linked parking page https://www.abparking.co.uk - there may be other parking providers.

I've only been an 'in transit' passenger with QM2 at the Ocean Terminal - so I have not direct experience with either the terminal or parking.

I'm figuring your "short QM cruise in December from Southampton" is the 5-night Dutch Christmas Markets cruise departing December 10th. That cruise is indeed sold out. There are two ways to find that cruise on the Cunard website. Either add the "Sold out voyages" filter to the search results (as @Host Hattie has suggested) or use the "Search by cruise number" feature to search for your cruise number "M239".

Here is a link to get you straight to that cruise on the Cunard UK website.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/find-a-cruise/M239/M239

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

Congratulations on the 50th anniversary. That is definitely an important milestone. I have never arranged for a celebration on board, so I’m not certain how it works. We were on board on my birthday once (in Princess Grill) and they brought a cake to our table, but we didn’t arrange for that. 

If you booked through a travel agent, that would be the best place to start. If you booked directly with Cunard, I would call their main number and ask. We have had good luck with the random people we talk to at the main number. If that doesn’t bring satisfaction, talk to the Concierge or QG maitre d’ on the first day to see what can be done. 

We are also booked on the December Christmas Market trip. Hope to see you on board. 

Edited by ExArkie

Hi Tizwiz, 

We are also on this cruise, boarding in Southampton. 

As others have said, the terminal is easy to find. They are all well sign posted. Mayflower is one of the terminals further in, away from the sea, if that helps at all.

We are already booked with CPS for parking. You just drive up to the terminal building (you will be directed), unload your luggage, hand over your keys, and walk away. CPS will move the car to their secure parking area. On return, you push your luggage a short distance across the road to where your car is waiting in a car park. Again, you will be directed to where to go. It is very simple and convenient.

As far as celebrations are concerned, my experience is that Cunard will not do anything. You need to book one of their celebration packages, which you can find on the website under your booking. However, I have never travelled in QG, so I don't know if it is any different there.

Hope to see both you and ExArkie onboard.

Berth 106 is indeed Mayflower reached by entering gate 10, well sign posted.

CPS offer parking as Camgirl has posted, you can be met outside the terminal, your luggage is unloaded for you.

On return you are directed to the area your car will be parked a short walking distance. Collect you keys and drive away.

Unfortunately CPS no longer unload your luggage. Very simple and smooth procedure but you are now responsible for offloading your own luggage and transferring (trolleys available) to staff who transit it to ship. You still leave your car for CPS to park.

Thank you so much to everyone who replied. Your comments are very helpful. Hopefully we will meet some of you on our cruise. DH may bring his dress kilt - so we may be easy to spot perhaps! Our actual anniversary was earlier in the year but we have had so many trips cancelled then we have been trying to celebrate every time we get to go somewhere this year.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, techteach said:

@Camgirl and @ExArkie I’ve forgotten- are you both on the TA that departs Dec. 15? If so, I’d love to meet both of you. Let’s hope there is a CC meet up.

My wife and I are on the Dec 15 TA, adding it onto the Christmas market trip. Different cabins - we splurged for QG on the TA, so we’ll see what the “turnaround day” is like when one is just moving up a deck 

If there’s no CC meet-up, there are still plenty of places to meet up. 

21 hours ago, techteach said:

@Camgirl and @ExArkie I’ve forgotten- are you both on the TA that departs Dec. 15? If so, I’d love to meet both of you. Let’s hope there is a CC meet up.

We are only onboard for the Christmas markets cruise, I'm afraid.

You can always suggest a CC meet up on the roll call. I have done it before. Just arrange a time and place to meet. Traditionally it would be in the commodore club on the afternoon of the first sea day. It is a shame we won't be onboard at the same time. Maybe one day.... 

Just returned from a crossing and I saw more than one dress kilt at the galas, so DH should not feel out of place.

As to anniversary (congrats!) make sure your TA notes it in the booking (shoot, your TA may add a gift of their own for you, you never know). Just keep your expectations low.

Bon Voyage 🙂