Halloween sale, anything good? We saved on the deluxe beverage package

p5woody

1 minute ago, cunninghamjr said:

What is the key program?

Primarily, get surf & stream internet each day, lunch in the MDR on embarkation day from a menu from Chops, special seating at theatre, ice/aqua show shows and de-embarkation at ports.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Did you see any sales on the Key Program.  Got a good sale of $16.99 pp/pd in the Labor Day sale for Oasis October sail.

Looks like for Anthem 11/27 it is 40% off - 24.99/ per guest per day

Edited by p5woody

56 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Did you see any sales on the Key Program.  Got a good sale of $16.99 pp/pd in the Labor Day sale for Oasis October sail.

The key did go down for us with this sale. I cancelled our original order and rebooked at $22.99 for the Explorer

Edited by ballarinamom

8 hours ago, cunninghamjr said:

What is the key program?

Overview

Introducing The Key, your premier access to exclusive experiences during your vacation. Start your cruise worry-free with priority access into the terminal within your booked arrival time. Once onboard, enjoy a personal drop-off service that delivers your carry-on bags directly to your stateroom. Follow this up with an exclusive welcome lunch featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu. Fit more into your vacation than ever before with private time at onboard activities, including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more. Start your day off right with priority departure from ship-to-shore at tender ports of call. Then score VIP seating for our onboard shows. Share it all in real time with a VOOM® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet package. End your adventure at your own pace with an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.

What's Included

• Priority access into the terminal (within booked arrival time) on Day 1.
  • Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu.
  • Private time at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more.
  • Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
  • Seats in the exclusive VIP seating section at shows in the Main Theatre, Aqua Theater, Studio B and Two70 (reservation is needed).
  • VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
  • On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.

Important details and advisements

• When you receive your SeaPass card, it will have an icon confirming your purchase of The Key. The Key must be purchased prior to sailing by each guest age 6 or older assigned to the same stateroom.
  • These benefits are a part of our healthy return to service, and as such, they are subject to change.

Was just able to reserve my MTD times for my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise under dining options under "planning my cruise"....I hadnt seen this option when viewing options in the past. Perhaps they open up as you get closer to cruise date....But I was able to reserve 7 and 7:15 dining times.... Thrilled that I don't have to deal with this planning when I board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

On our January Voyager sailing, The Key is priced at $17.99/day.  Surf and Stream internet is at $19.99/day.  I've never bought The Key, but do your own math and figure out if it's worth it to you.

The thing with The Key is that you have to buy it for everyone in the room. Buying surf and stream for one device at $17.99 is still a better deal than buying The Key for $19.99 if you were only planning to buy the surf and stream for one device. 

The other calculation you need to take into account is that when you add a second device to your surf and stream purchase, it costs less than if you bought a surf and stream package for 2 people. 

So it's rarely an actual savings to buy The Key over buying the surf and steam package and adding additional devices, but can be a "better deal" than buying They Key would have otherwise been.

Edited by ARandomTraveler

2 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The thing with The Key is that you have to buy it for everyone in the room. Buying surf and stream for one device at $17.99 is still a better deal than buying The Key for $19.99 if you were only planning to buy the surf and stream for one device. 

The other calculation you need to take into account is that when you add a second device to your surf and stream purchase, it costs less than if you bought a surf and stream package for 2 people. 

So it's rarely an actual savings to buy The Key over buying the surf and steam package and adding additional devices, but can be a "better deal" than buying They Key would have otherwise been.

Totally get that, and it's always a YMMV calculation.  In this case, the $$$ pencils out to pretty even with The Key vs. 2 device internet and a Chops lunch.  Then if other benefits are worth it to someone, then The Key becomes "worth it".

I get that it's not worth it to you, and to many others.  It's never been worth it to me.  But someone else might find value in things I don't find value in.  Not my place to tell someone else what they should value.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

A waste of money.

I agree, however, in our cas it was worth every penny when you consider that the on-board cost for S&S internet is $24.99 pp/pd and we paid $16.99 for the Key.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

What ship(s) are you talking about getting S&S for $17.99.  My upcoming sails on Oasis and Anthem the S&S  is  $20.99 in cruise planner and $26.99 on board.  Surf is $16.99 in cruise planner and $21.99 on board.

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

On our January Voyager sailing, The Key is priced at $17.99/day.  Surf and Stream internet is at $19.99/day.  I've never bought The Key, but do your own math and figure out if it's worth it to you.

51 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

23 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What ship(s) are you talking about getting S&S for $17.99.  My upcoming sails on Oasis and Anthem the S&S  is  $20.99 in cruise planner and $26.99 on board.  Surf is $16.99 in cruise planner and $21.99 on board.

I was responding to @Husky1987 post above where they referenced that being the cost. 

The lowest I've seen it on my Symphony cruise next month is $20.99/day. This was a few weeks ago when they seemed to be having a random fire sale for a few hours and lots of people were getting The Key for $16.99-$20.99/day. Usually for my sailing it's between $30.99-$35.99/day. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

On 10/27/2022 at 10:48 AM, Jimbo said:

For 2 people do you just get  1 Voom S&S or if you don't stream anything would 1 Voom surf be good enough since its says either purchase can use Multiple devices?

One person one device at a time, but you can share between people.  Both can't be on at the same time.  You can switch between devices.  I switch between my Iphone, Ipad, and eBook.  If DW wants to use it I just get kicked off.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

One person one device at a time, but you can share between people.  Both can't be on at the same time.  You can switch between devices.  I switch between my Iphone, Ipad, and eBook.  If DW wants to use it I just get kicked off.  

Perfect, no need for us both to be online at the same time.....will save us a lot with only one plan needed since this cruise is 16 days long.

Edited by Jimbo