Club Orange

schildiams

2 hours ago, Gunther1 said:

We called their dining room "The fish bowl".....the rest of us common folk could only stare inside their glass-enclosed dining room 😉.

I tire of hearing this.  If you are not interested that fine.  It always people that have never used club orange that say this.  I don’t enjoy people staring at me and I never feel that way in club orange.  You are also in a fishbowl in the mdr.  You don’t become invisible in there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I tire of hearing this.  If you are not interested that fine.  It always people that have never used club orange that say this.  I don’t enjoy people staring at me and I never feel that way in club orange.  You are also in a fishbowl in the mdr.  You don’t become invisible in there.

LMAO that is funny about being invisible in the MDR  too funny !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunther1 said:

We called their dining room "The fish bowl".....the rest of us common folk could only stare inside their glass-enclosed dining room 😉.

I like the Club Orange benefit where they can stand on the special floor mat at Guest Services and jump the line.  When I'm 6 deep in the line, I think Club Orange people go up to the special floor mat and just ask "what time is it?" just to enjoy their benefit and watch me sulk in the common folks line.

LOL..It's all good! Just having fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Here is a list of the daily “special” entree available in March 2022 on the koningsdam.

B67200BA-F7B8-4319-84D8-60D8F4D728D0.jpeg

Hey those  are  neat extra  menu items   . We have to wait until our 18  night  Hawaii cruise starting Jan 30, 2024  to enjoy the extra dinner items in  the  Club Orange  restaurant  .They look so tempting . Thanks for posting that😃 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Hey those  are  neat extra  menu items   . We have to wait until our 18  night  Hawaii cruise starting Jan 30, 2024  to enjoy the extra dinner items in  the  Club Orange  restaurant  .They look so tempting . Thanks for posting that😃 

I got this list by shear accident.  I was talking to the lovely hostess from club orange at the stand where you make reservations.  She just randomly handed it to me.  

20 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I like the Club Orange benefit where they can stand on the special floor mat at Guest Services and jump the line.  When I'm 6 deep in the line, I think Club Orange people go up to the special floor mat and just ask "what time is it?" just to enjoy their benefit and watch me sulk in the common folks line.

LOL..It's all good! Just having fun.

I only wish it was that way.  I’ve stood in that club orange line like I was invisible while they took person after person after person.  Finally I spoke up and said can you please assist me.  She said she didn’t see me.  Right.  Must be because I’m so small. 

The thing I love is when people crap talk club orange and the next thing you know they are buying it.  It’s clear from your posts you won’t be among those that do that.  I’ve never heard one person in any line ask what time is it.  Why say such a stupid thing?

Edited by Florida_gal_50

3 hours ago, Gunther1 said:

Got to tell you adding Club Orange their are many excellent perks  besides a dedicated  Breakfast  &v Dinner smaller dining room with the extra many items vs the MDR menu  . A big one is the cabin upgrade  .On our 18 night Hawaii cruise coming in jan 30 2024  we went from a VH category Handicap to a V category Handicap which is we booked directly would be a lot more cash  . We got Club Orange perks along with the upgrade for this 18 night cruise for $270 extra each  ,2 of us = $540  . imo a steal  for all the perks  .check it out  toy may also like what you can get with club Orange  .We did not  vie for it on our Dec cruise because we could   not get the upgrade  as we booked that too late  .you need to book early & get the HSL On board  credits 

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1

I only wish it was that way.  I’ve stood in that club orange line like I was invisible while they took person after person after person.  Finally I spoke up and said can you please assist me.  She said she didn’t see me.  Right.  Must be because I’m so small. 

That is also very funny  .  got to meet you on a HAL cruise , Florida --Bal you certainly have a sense of humor  😂

1 minute ago, rhblake said:

If you already have the top Verandah cabin (category V). Will they move you to the next category (Signature Suite) if you purchase Club Orange?

We doubt that but if I were you I would ask that to  a HAL representative in that department   to make sure . The idea of Club Orange is to book into a lower category  veranda as a example to a higher level veranda upgrade thus saving you money  in the transaction 

1 hour ago, rhblake said:

If you already have the top Verandah cabin (category V). Will they move you to the next category (Signature Suite) if you purchase Club Orange?

No.  My understanding is that the Club Orange benefit allows you to move up within the category.....so you could move up to the highest verandah cabin but you cannot cabin category jump.

Here is the fine print from the HAL website:

*Complimentary stateroom upgrade to the best available room within the meta category at the time of Club Orange purchase.

12 hours ago, rhblake said:

No, it’s a meta upgrade meaning it’s in the category you booked.  Inside to inside, oceanview to oceanview etc.

5 hours ago, pirate_dad said:

I can confirm that you can upgrade. I went from a VB Deck 4 to a Vista Suite when I added Club Orange so you can go from a verandah to a suite. I don't know if you can go from a top Vista Suite to a Signature Suite.

That’s definitely the first time I’ve heard that and totally goes against what they say.  Was there anything else at play like a big price reduction since the time you booked?  Thanks.

I remember on Nieuw Statendam seeing dozens of passengers waiting in line  at Customer Service on embark day, but I walked right up to the counter and was taken care of right away because CO had a seperate line. I went to dinner early and chose my own table closest to the window, and there wasn't much traffic. What traffic there was didn't seem very interested in what was going on inside. I like special perks and I don't mind paying extra. If HAL included these perks for everyone, it wouldn't be special. 

23 hours ago, rhblake said:

No, it's limited to the same meta category. However, you can momentarily downgrade to a lower (lowest) level Verandah, and then have them upgrade you to your original cabin. This only works prior to final payment date.

On 10/27/2022 at 9:31 AM, FlaMariner said:

No.  My understanding is that the Club Orange benefit allows you to move up within the category.....so you could move up to the highest verandah cabin but you cannot cabin category jump.

Here is the fine print from the HAL website:

*Complimentary stateroom upgrade to the best available room within the meta category at the time of Club Orange purchase.

We have a Cat. VA booked on the NS.  Beside the Vista Suite (which may or may not be considered in an upgrade as mentioned above) is there a category higher than the VA in the V's?  We booked so fast, I don't remember seeing anything else in the Verandah's.

3 hours ago, Leo the cruiser said:

No, it's limited to the same meta category. However, you can momentarily downgrade to a lower (lowest) level Verandah, and then have them upgrade you to your original cabin. This only works prior to final payment date.

I'll have to remember this!  Final payment in February.  Have not decided on CO.

Edited by Iamthesea

52 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

We have a Cat. VA booked on the NS.  Beside the Vista Suite (which may or may not be considered in an upgrade as mentioned above) is there a category higher than the VA in the V's?  We booked so fast, I don't remember seeing anything else in the Verandah's.

Ther NS has two "meta category" verandah cabin classes above VA.  They are V and VQ (Spa Verandah).  Other posts on here have indicated the spa verandah cabins aren't necessarily a great upgrade because most of them have a shallower verandah than other verandah categories...and they don't get you complementary thermal spa access as is done on some other cruise lines.