When Can You Book Specialty Dining?

Island Dog

6 minutes ago, Island Dog said:

Paid our final payment for our March Escape cruise a week ago. When can we book our specialty dining days and times? While we're at it, same question for production shows?

You should make reservations exactly 120 days prior to departure. 12 midnight NCL-time (Miami = Eastern Time). Prime time reservations for popular reservations will sell out quickly. 

125 days if you are top tier latitudes members or in a club balcony. 

130 days if you are in a Suite or in the Haven. 

If you wait too long, there won't be any advance prime time reservations left (i.e., all reservations will be at 9:30 pm). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

You should make reservations exactly 120 days prior to departure. 12 midnight NCL-time (Miami = Eastern Time). Prime time reservations for popular reservations will sell out quickly. 

125 days if you are top tier latitudes members or in a club balcony. 

130 days if you are in a Suite or in the Haven. 

If you wait too long, there won't be any advance prime time reservations left (i.e., all reservations will be at 9:30 pm). 

I gather that primetime for reservtion is between 4:30 and 6:00 and after that the dining rooms can be half empty. Is that correct?

• Like 1

Even on a more than fully occupied boat in April we had no issues getting reservations at any of the specialty restaurants about 25 -30 days before the cruise. Now the restaurants were not empty when we were on the boat, but reservations were no issue at all. Don't stress it, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Even on a more than fully occupied boat in April we had no issues getting reservations at any of the specialty restaurants about 25 -30 days before the cruise. Now the restaurants were not empty when we were on the boat, but reservations were no issue at all. Don't stress it, you'll be fine.

Exact opposite of what we went through on the Prima.  Our last NCL cruise was February of 2019 on the Bliss when reservations could be made at 90 days.  Never knew it changed to 120.  When we found out and tried to make reservations about day 100, the only slots left were primarily after 830.  So we're now relegated to making them as soon as we board.

• Like 1

We booked a December cruise on the Escape well after the 120 day window and are finding limited to no available reservations for particular restaurants. Where do you go on embarkation day to make reservations? Same question relative to onboard shows? Can we do so via the NCL App on that day? TIA

On 10/29/2022 at 2:18 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Exact opposite of what we went through on the Prima.  Our last NCL cruise was February of 2019 on the Bliss when reservations could be made at 90 days.  Never knew it changed to 120.  When we found out and tried to make reservations about day 100, the only slots left were primarily after 830.  So we're now relegated to making them as soon as we board.

Welp, I'm glad that I had the anomaly! Sorry you aren't able to find the reservations you want. Keep looking online, maybe it's like Disney where reservations will show up when/if people cancel their reservations. Based on comments on Cruise Critic, it seems a lot of people change their reservations at least once. From my own experience, I think we changed our reservations three times before we actually sat down and ate food. 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:33 PM, Lakesregion said:

I gather that primetime for reservtion is between 4:30 and 6:00 and after that the dining rooms can be half empty. Is that correct?

Prime time is first seating 5:30-7:30. 

We have been on cruises where Cagney’s was sold out for the entire cruise (all times) by 1:00 pm on embarkation day. 

On a cruise two weeks ago, we were one of the first to board. We make our show reservations and went immediately to dining reservations. The most popular restaurant was sold out for most of the cruise. 

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Welp, I'm glad that I had the anomaly! Sorry you aren't able to find the reservations you want. Keep looking online, maybe it's like Disney where reservations will show up when/if people cancel their reservations. Based on comments on Cruise Critic, it seems a lot of people change their reservations at least once. From my own experience, I think we changed our reservations three times before we actually sat down and ate food. 

We should hopefully be OK.  I'll know in a few hours after we embark today.  The problem is that we had 4 nights included with our package and I bought another 7, since it was slightly more reasonable per night than only buying 2 or 3.  So we have 11 reservations to make.

2 hours ago, Island Dog said:

My planner says 120 days but I can't find where to make reservations on ncl.com. Will I need to wait until midnight tonight or need to use the app for this? My check in box is not highlighted. Any help appreciated!

Log on to NCL.com and it will be under explore and plan. Or… gasp…. Call the general reservations phone number and talk to a live agent. 

29 minutes ago, janetz said:

Can you make reservations for friends at the same time?

You can book tables for however many people you want (up to the maximum table size) and the system doesn’t know who you will be eating with, so just book a table for the number you want.

• Like 1