Amber Cove - non Carnival tours

debnjoe1438

Check the 27 / Damajagua Waterfalls excursions, if you don’t have mobility issues. It’s one of the best excursions we have done in 30+ years of cruising. We used Marysol Tours and loved it. Iguana Mama gets good reviews as well and was alongside our group.  Check YouTube videos so you know what to expect.

3 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Check the 27 / Damajagua Waterfalls excursions, if you don’t have mobility issues. It’s one of the best excursions we have done in 30+ years of cruising. We used Marysol Tours and loved it. Iguana Mama gets good reviews as well and was alongside our group.  Check YouTube videos so you know what to expect.

Thank you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Im a terrible AC cruiser. 

Been there 3x and we dont make it past the pool in port facility.  Gimme some lively tunes, cool water and a frosty beer and im a-ok for the afternoon.  

If that works for you, that's awesome! DH and I have basically done most of the 3rd party excursions, so it may be the "fish eating the dead skin" pedicure for me next time. LOL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, staceyglow said:

If that works for you, that's awesome! DH and I have basically done most of the 3rd party excursions, so it may be the "fish eating the dead skin" pedicure for me next time. LOL 

I did that at Costa Maya.  It was fun.  First saw that on Santorini, but didn’t want to spend the time to do it.  EM

Last time I was there we hired a driver for like $100 for the day.   Have a few places in mind where you want to go or they take you to tourist trap places.   Taking the cable up to the mini Cristo redentor is pretty awesome.   Supposedly there's a monkeyland place nearby too.

We did the Dune Buggy excursion with Marysol Tours last October and absolutely loved it. Drove through the countryside,  along the beach, splashed through rivers and motored up into the hills. Had a couple nice stops along the way. One to see how chocolate and cigars are made. There were items for sale but nobody was pushy at all. Another stop, near the end of the tour, was at a nice beach where we had a chance to take a dip and get an ice cold Presidente. Tour was super-cheap as well.

One tip though. If you are booking with Marysol and don't want to endure the long walk to the exit of the port, simply take a cheap short cab ride to the port gate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 4:07 PM, FlaMariner said:

Yes, use these guys...we did 11/30/22.  Great price and great tour.  

https://www.rvtours.info/2017/01/puerto-plata-city-tour.html

What was RV Tours office like?  Did they have a building?  Want to know that if my sister uses her scooter to get to the meeting location, would she be able to leave it there and be locked up. 

• 4 weeks later...