Prima Dueling Pianos

kapcruiser

It seems NCL has moved on from the piano bars.  While always crowded and a hit, cruise marketing is focused on a younger crowd thus go carts, laser tag, etc.  Piano bars attract the older more traditional cruiser.  Those people will always cruise.  All cruise lines are going after a younger crowd with kids.

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

It seems NCL has moved on from the piano bars.  While always crowded and a hit, cruise marketing is focused on a younger crowd thus go carts, laser tag, etc.  Piano bars attract the older more traditional cruiser.  Those people will always cruise.  All cruise lines are going after a younger crowd with kids.

You may be correct.  But, I've been to a quite a few dueling piano bars on land and I'd hardly call them an older crowd.   We were at one in Newport RI and I felt out of place the crowd was so young.   If we're talking about the traditional lounge lizard with one guy playing "soft hits" on a piano, I suspect that crowd is definitely older.  Not so much with dueling pianos.  I suspect not having them is more of a financial decision.

Also, Beatles/Cavern Club I would think attracts an even older demographic than the dueling pianos.  

• 3 weeks later...

Last few trips on the Getaway and Escape, Howl at the Moon was horrible,  pretty empty at night and dueling piano bars are only fun with a big crowd.  15 to 20 people listening just doesn’t do it.  But IMHO, they couldn’t sing, especially the women they had on stage.  It was uncomfortable listening to the few songs we stayed for.  I can see them doing something better with the space  since it was empty.  The only time it was good was if the Choir of Man or Syd’s Norman’s cast made an impromptu appearance.

• Like 1