Black Friday Sail on Seabourn

skybluewaters

I just called SB and was told that the pricing I see for the specific cruise we're interested in are, in fact, the Black Friday prices.  I mentioned that it would be nice if they indicated it on the website and she said they had actually posted the "splash" about it last Thursday (by mistake), then took it down, and that their IT department certainly needs to get it together.  I laughed and said "yes, that seems to be a widely shared consensus".  😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robertmartha said:

Wondering if this "sale/sail" was meant for the "real" Black Friday and that it was supposed to be released/available on Thursday (Thanksgiving) and they just got all the dates and release mixed up?

It started today and goes through December 5th.

nancy

• Thanks 1

There has been no change in price for any of the Caribbean cruises that I was interested in. And no reference to any Black Friday sale.  Also, the “special offers” section of the website no longer exists, so you can no longer search for special offers.  Why send out a Black Friday email when the website is silent on it?  Makes no sense.  

34 minutes ago, CalmSea said:

Thanks to Nancy, I checked the price of the Alasaka cruise that we just booked, and there is a healthy price drop. My TA has just refared it with the new price.

You’re welcome.  Earlier this year, I looked at booking an Alaska cruise for next summer.  We had yet to sail seabourn but had one booked.  I decided to book a silversea (1st timer) Alaska cruise instead as the pricing was significantly lower and I liked the itinerary.  I’m thrilled that the SB cruise is part of the reduced pricing promo and will cancel the SS Cruise.  We’ve sailed seabourn twice this year, first time seabourn sailors  and it’s a great fit for us.  We sailed crystal exclusively for 18 years.  As crystal ceased operations early this year, not sure when we would have sailed seabourn.  I’m thrilled that we will now sail Alaska on seabourn.  We’ve been to Alaska several times on crystal and always find new things to do and look forward to a few new ports.

nancy

ps.  We were on the quest shortly after you and thoroughly enjoyed our cruise

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 2

Related to advertised sales and 2023 there is a  need for late 2024 and 2025 itineraries. Now you see up to May, 2024 and just last week released Ody and Quest for Oct., 2024.

We generally find the best prices very early on and so have this week booked onboard Silversea Dawn cruises in late 2024 and 2025. A call Seattle have no answers. We regret that Seabourn does not have that vision, stability, staff or whatever it is that leaves them behind now.

Oh well.

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nancygp said:

You’re welcome.  Earlier this year, I looked at booking an Alaska cruise for next summer.  We had yet to sail seabourn but had one booked.  I decided to book a silversea (1st timer) Alaska cruise instead as the pricing was significantly lower and I liked the itinerary.  I’m thrilled that the SB cruise is part of the reduced pricing promo and will cancel the SS Cruise.  We’ve sailed seabourn twice this year, first time seabourn sailors  and it’s a great fit for us.  We sailed crystal exclusively for 18 years.  As crystal ceased operations early this year, not sure when we would have sailed seabourn.  I’m thrilled that we will now sail Alaska on seabourn.  We’ve been to Alaska several times on crystal and always find new things to do and look forward to a few new ports.

nancy

ps.  We were on the quest shortly after you and thoroughly enjoyed our cruise

@Nancy. Yes, we were on the Quest and had some problems. I was glad to read your posts that those problems seemed to be solved during your cruise.

Regarding Alaska cruises in 2023, you may be interested to know that there is an  extra 5% Seabourn Club discount for some of the early season ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CalmSea said:

@Nancy. Yes, we were on the Quest and had some problems. I was glad to read your posts that those problems seemed to be solved during your cruise.

Regarding Alaska cruises in 2023, you may be interested to know that there is an  extra 5% Seabourn Club discount for some of the early season ones.

Our few minor service issues were promptly corrected.

thanks about info on the early Alaska season cruises.  We are going later in the season and very pleased with the price.  Also, we recently booked a spring cruise and that will now be repriced.

Nancy

Just by chance I mailed out TA to see if the Black Friday could be applied to our already booked cruise? Seabourn came up trumps, we got a healthy saving, Seabourn are refunding a decent amount back to our bank account. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, fudge said:

Just by chance I mailed out TA to see if the Black Friday could be applied to our already booked cruise? Seabourn came up trumps, we got a healthy saving, Seabourn are refunding a decent amount back to our bank account. 

Are you saying that your cruise was fully paid? If so that’s great.