Will MSC get more US style entertainment in North America?

J0Y0US

16 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I enjoy the diversity of entertainment.  I can enjoy listening to rock, classical, yeah even opera.  

Me too! This is really one thing MSC used to do well. Something for everyone, even on ships as small as the Lirica/Musica classes! The World Europa seems to go on such a different direction. Time will tell, but I believe the World America will just to give justice to its name!...

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 4:54 PM, Nunagoras said:

Time will tell, but I believe the World America will just to give justice to its name!...

exactly. The seaside is my favorite ship afloat. The design and passenger flow is the best I have encountered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

exactly. The seaside is my favorite ship afloat. The design and passenger flow is the best I have encountered.

I actually liked the design of the Seashore better than the Seaside. We couldn't find the restaurants on the Seaside and when we did find them they were so dark felt like being in a dungeon.  They moved them on the Seashore to a much better location. 

• Like 1

I was on the Seashore in September and the ship was majority non-Americans, I would guesstimate at least 65-75% non Americans. Majority of the passengers spoke Italian,Spanish,German. At the buffet you noticed plenty of people unable to speak a word of English (Nothing wrong with that, just an observation).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I actually liked the design of the Seashore better than the Seaside. We couldn't find the restaurants on the Seaside and when we did find them they were so dark felt like being in a dungeon.  They moved them on the Seashore to a much better location. 

Other people have made similar comments about Seaside being dark as well. personally I find it relaxing when it is like that. 

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I was on the Seashore in September and the ship was majority non-Americans, I would guesstimate at least 65-75% non Americans. Majority of the passengers spoke Italian,Spanish,German. At the buffet you noticed plenty of people unable to speak a word of English (Nothing wrong with that, just an observation).

And that is one of the things we enjoyed most on Seaside.  It really felt more like being "away" rather than just spending time with only people from our tri-state area.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 11:16 AM, cruising.mark.uk said:

Isn't it possible that the target market in North America is people who are looking for a more cosmopolitan cruise experience where entertainment (and other aspects) are not just a carbon copy of what all the US-based, US-oriented lines provide?

That is why I enjoy MSC, and MSC really needs to be pushing that before Carnival really grows the concept through their Conversions and Americanized Costa sailings.  MSC is definitely gaining some traction from the seascape launch in NYC, but is still not really explaining their differences and just trying to compete on price.

• Like 1

To the OP, the entertainment from MSC is one of the best on a cruise ship. Spectacular performances in the theater (cirque of soleil type of performance included). And most important the Italian core with Opera performers (I love that). To a certain point it is for me like a seal of quality for an Italian cruise line. There is a basic quality and users from MSC cruises all over the world like to see the consistency in the type of entertainment offered

Having said that, MSC offers regional type of entertainment. I have been on Ships sailing from Brasil who had Brasilian performers. Bosanova, Samba, etc. Ships from Argentinian had performers from Argentina, like tango, Malambo, etc.

On several cruises in Spain and Portugal, there were flamenco dancers, fado singers, etc. 

I imagine that on the US sailings, US type of entertainment is also included (what would that be? Country music? Comedians? Magicians?). Even though MSC sails from US ports, I hope it will not loose the internationality nor the Italian way of cruising. Many South Americans for example sail with MSC from US ports, because MSC is friendly towards the Spanish or Portuguese speaking guests. Sailing from US ports is from my point of view not only to attract US guests but also to offer guests from every where, the possibility to sail from USA without the limitation of having to be fluent in English.

Besides that, there are plenty of Royal Caribbean or Carnival Ships, which serve the US market for those guests who prefer not to have the internationally type of public that MSC has. 

Ivi

• Like 3

I am an American from NY & travelled a great deal all my life...the Italian lines were always the best...and FUN!!!

On MSC I found the European atmosphere more to my liking...I'll never sailed on a Carnival cruise & never will...even lines owned by Carnivore Corp have watered down entertainment compared to MSC.

Also the European passengers know how to have fun...each evening people were up dancing in the various lounges & even the pool games were fully embraced.

I'm not one for the mega ships & sailed in MSC ships for at least 12 years now - I really enoy the experience.

• Like 2