Black Friday Sale?

jonthomas

6 minutes ago, Psoque said:

I had to ask my travel agent to look into it, and he later informed me that he was able to add this promotion to the existing cruise.

good  news for you  then

Never hurts to ask 😉

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Did you ask or did they just do it for you?

As a result of this thread, I called our Oceania rep early on the 22nd, after I knew that our 3/02/23 cruise, not nearly sold out yet, was included. Didn’t hear back from him even 30 hours later. When I called him, he apologized about his manager not having responded yet, and said he’d do everything to expedite my request. Within an hour, he called back and sent out the new invoice. They don’t give you a credit on your cruise payment, but it’s in the comments, so the gratuities charge should not show up as part of your shipboard charges. 

He also said they will have a big New Year special. Unfortunately, they never know what the details are ahead of time. But he told me that if a deal was available that was better than our free gratuities, he could apply that instead. But you cannot get two “specials” for the same cruise. 

51 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

They don’t give you a credit on your cruise payment, but it’s in the comments, so the gratuities charge should not show up as part of your shipboard charges. 

When you get your final statement onboard  they  add the gratuities   on one line  Then deduct the  PPG   on the next

it is  a wash in the end  & that is all that matters  😉

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

When you get your final statement onboard  they  add the gratuities   on one line  Then deduct the  PPG   on the next

it is  a wash in the end  & that is all that matters  😉

Thanks, good to know.
Prior to this, we’ve only sailed on Viking, so you can tell I’m an Oceania newbie. Viking would have made this a bit simpler, but they also rarely allow you a new special deal if you’re already booked. And Oceania makes booking excursions much much easier (and earlier). That is a rather sore subject, even among Viking devotees. However, when we want to cancel or “exchange” one on Oceania, we can’t do it ourselves online. I had to bother our rep with that. Every line has its good and bad points. 

• Like 1

My TA checked on the cruise I have booked in May and I could get the free grats but they would reprice the cruise and it would have been $2,000.00 more than my current invoice. It sounds like those who had it added to existing bookings didn't run into that type of situation!!