Black Friday Sale?

jonthomas

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

O raised the fare I paid for one of the 7-day cruises listed by $500 per person for the category I booked and is now generously offering free gratuities, effectively increasing the fare by "only" $375 per person from the Labor Day sale price. I wouldn't have booked if I had known I could save negative $750 on Black Friday. ... 

You've lost me! IF O "raised the fare" by $500 per person AFTER you booked it, then you've booked it for $1000 less total. And the gratuities for a 7-day cruise don't equal anything close, so as I think you're indicting, you're still ahead by $750 total ($375 x2). So, what is your issue? IF you book before a fare increase, you've paid a reduced fare.

In May 2022 off the Memorial Day Sale I booked an 11/23 cruise in the Med. It is again on sale for Black Friday. IF the fare has increased, it may offset the gratuity payment, but I have to see the fare only price for the sale since that's what I've booked.

2 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

You've lost me! IF O "raised the fare" by $500 per person AFTER you booked it, then you've booked it for $1000 less total. And the gratuities for a 7-day cruise don't equal anything close, so as I think you're indicting, you're still ahead by $750 total ($375 x2). So, what is your issue? IF you book before a fare increase, you've paid a reduced fare.

That's what he said in a sarcastic way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

In May 2022 off the Memorial Day Sale I booked an 11/23 cruise in the Med. It is again on sale for Black Friday. IF the fare has increased, it may offset the gratuity payment, but I have to see the fare only price for the sale since that's what I've booked.

Calling this marketing event, a sale doesn't reflect what the dictionary defines as a sale. That's my issue.  Then again, "The Black Friday raised Prices Event" doesn't have a good ring to it.  

13 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

That's what he said in a sarcastic way.

Having lived thru that horrible decade of inflation that was the 1970s, guess I've got no sarcasm radar for inflation and sales promotions dreamed up by marketing gurus?

I made sure to book my two 2023 cruises and my one 2024 cruise the moment I found itineraries I wanted. The 11/18/22 cruise I booked on Riviera in 12/21 saw two $100 price increases in early 2022. I marveled that O would let me book a late 2024 cruise so early in 2022, thankfully, since I'm seeing prices rise and expecting future prices to rise even more.

But I'm just glad O is having the sale and I'm checking all the data to see what is best, planning to mod the 2nd 2023 cruise which wasn't on any sales this summer.

Yesterday an Oceania rep told our TA that there were no Black Friday perks - we're thinking of booking a March cruise that's on the list and has lots of availability. Does anyone have any further information? Thanks.

12 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

The info my TA provided when I called is that the sale only applies to veranda cabins. 

We are trying to book a Concierge Veranda - just waiting for my TA to call back

12 minutes ago, BWV said:

We are trying to book a Concierge Veranda - just waiting for my TA to call back

36 minutes ago, BWV said:

Yesterday an Oceania rep told our TA that there were no Black Friday perks - we're thinking of booking a March cruise that's on the list and has lots of availability. Does anyone have any further information? Thanks.

Per the brochure that I posted a few days ago, the sale is only for bookings made between 11-22 and 11-30 and yes, it appears it's only for Verandahs and only adds gratuities.  NOV2225157 Black Friday Sale.indd (oceaniacruises.com)

Hope it works out for you!

Edited by zelker

14 minutes ago, zelker said:

Per the brochure that I posted a few days ago, the sale is only for bookings made between 11-22 and 11-30 and yes, it appears it's only for Verandahs and only adds gratuities.  NOV2225157 Black Friday Sale.indd (oceaniacruises.com)

Hope it works out for you!

They are adding Premium air starting at $99 and Gratuities on certain cruises

Jancruz1

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

The info my TA provided when I called is that the sale only applies to veranda cabins. 

people may have to wait until the full brochure or sale details are announced

The posted link is not the full sale  I am sure

9 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

They are adding Premium air starting at $99 and Gratuities on certain cruises

Jancruz1

Premium air "deal" already showing on their website - Cruise Packages Including Custom Flights and Transfers | Oceania Cruises

It's all so confusing.  Hopefully by the time 11-22 gets here, it will become clear what is and what isn't included.  

Just now, zelker said:

Premium air "deal" already showing on their website - Cruise Packages Including Custom Flights and Transfers | Oceania Cruises

It's all so confusing.  Hopefully by the time 11-22 gets here, it will become clear what is and what isn't included.  

I dont think it is confusing at all pretty straight forward..read the flyer..simple

Jancruz1

Just in the process of booking our first O cruise for March. It is listed as part of this special deal. However, they show only veranda staterooms, but we want a concierge level cabin.  Also, we want to book our own airfare, so none of the OLife specials would apply. However, could anyone guess if they would still give us the free prepaid gratuities?

3 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

Just in the process of booking our first O cruise for March. It is listed as part of this special deal. However, they show only veranda staterooms, but we want a concierge level cabin.  Also, we want to book our own airfare, so none of the OLife specials would apply. However, could anyone guess if they would still give us the free prepaid gratuities?

Depends on what they class as Veranda cabins for the sale

You can take  O Life perks  without air 

check the fine print if it is mandatory to take the air with O life 

I would  not think so

JMO

8 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

Yes they will

Jancruz1

• Like 1

There are A and B level verandas and Concierge is the name of the A level Veranda class so PPG’s are included with the Sale. The Free Economy Airfare is not a part of the O Life Amenity offerings so you can select one of the three offered, SBC, Drink Package or Free Excursions. Your TA or the Oceania Rep will assist you with the selection process. 
Book and start dreaming, March is around the corner. 
Ciao, Mauibabes