Black Friday Sale?

jonthomas

Hey its coming. 

We have 4 new cruises just booked recently. The O rep said it should be no problem to get the sale applied to them.

We will see as we now are turning them over to a TA. NO not the TA I had last time, who would not even consider doing

anything for us in regards to the sale. So will see how we can benefit this time.

We will be on the Marina when this sale happens, so will have to communicate with our TA from the cruise, just adding another wrinkle to it. 

Share your stories with this sale as we wait for the next one. 

Thanks - when will we see it on the Oceania site?

Do you know if it will be an upgrade sale? We booked a July Marina cruise last year during the Memorial Day Sale.

Edited by BWV
other thought

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

...We will be on the Marina when this sale happens, so will have to communicate with our TA from the cruise, just adding another wrinkle to it.... 

We'll be on Sirena in the E. Caribbean for Thanksgiving, before & after.

Can you combine the on-board discount with the sale, if you're on board during a sale? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

We'll be on Sirena in the E. Caribbean for Thanksgiving, before & after.

Can you combine the on-board discount with the sale, if you're on board during a sale? 

For the Memorial Day sale, we got an upgrade for our booking but not the $200 on-board discount (but did receive 100 OBC).We booked for our daughter and received the $200 pp on-board discount and also the 100 pp OBC. It was complicated (especially since we're from Canada). It took some time for communication between the onboard rep and office and with our own TA in Toronto, but it was worth it.

17 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I would think booking on board should have nothing to do with the sale, but you never know. Has anyone here ever booked on board during a sale?

In my post above, I didn't make clear that we were onboard during the Memorial Day Sale - 

yes you made it clear...

we will also be on board..but by then we will have turned it over to an on line agent..so it will have to be done through them, I would think....that makes it more complicated...but someone  gave very good advice to use Os price guarantee....to rebook with the sale offerings...

but there are experts here who are way more in tune with the workings of O, maybe they will offer some of their advice....

we are relatively new to O...have done over 50 with Celeb and finally called it quits...wish we had done it sooner as O has an amazing loyalty program....as soon as we hit 5 cruises with them, we will begin to reap the rewards of that program....

I thought this was very valuable advice...so copied and pasted it here, giving credit to the poster...

Flatbush Flyer

• Flatbush Flyer
  • January 27, 2014
  • Point Richmond CA
  On 10/30/2022 at 1:02 PM, MEFIowa said:

……But I'm still waiting for the example that starts with, "Called a TA for my 1st time cruise. She gave me the O Presidents' Sale price in December, months before O put the cruise on sale in February." Now that would be a powerful TA indeed. Or would be in the real world if they existed and could make such things happen. Which they can't.

No “power” needed.

1. Book Onboard (months prior to any future O holiday sale, which we know from experience will be coming). Of course, this would be harder if we’re talking about someone booking their first O cruise. However, it is possible to have a friend or family member do a “book onboard” for you

2. Transfer to TA during the allowable 30 day window).

3. When O sale happens, have TA exercise your original Book Onboard “lower price match guarantee” (if price is actually lower and there’s cabin availability). But, don’t forget to do the math on any changes in air/air credit $ and/or O Life perks.

Great advice-thanks! The cruise this past May was our first Oceania (have done HAL, Celebrity, Cunard) and we loved it. We were so happy to get some benefits from the onboard booking and the sale. 

If one’s currently booked cruise is already predominantly booked, I wouldn’t expect any new sales deals being offered. If you booked a cruise that is not in demand you may be in luck.

We have four (4) cruises booked through 4/24. All are either fully waitlisted or nearly so. I don’t expect any deals to be offered.

• Like 2

Could a TA actually re-book an already-booked cruise with the promotional pricing, if it exists, after the fact with Oceania?  If so I need to see if I can contact my TA in anticipation of possible re-pricing.

2 hours ago, Psoque said:

Could a TA actually re-book an already-booked cruise with the promotional pricing, if it exists, after the fact with Oceania?  If so I need to see if I can contact my TA in anticipation of possible re-pricing.

Yes.  Our TA has done this for us.  But have your TA do a preliminary pricing and do a  comparison of bottom lines, including any changes to TA perks due to a change in commisionable fares before committing.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Psoque said:

32 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Yes.  Our TA has done this for us.  But have your TA do a preliminary pricing and do a  comparison of bottom lines, including any changes to TA perks due to a change in commisionable fares before committing.

I should have added: prior to final payment or any penalty period.

Glad to see the one I wanted is on the list! But fascinating to see some go on sale again. Did the Memorial Day sale for a cruise that is now on this one, too. Will be interesting to see prices, if they've risen, since this sale is also paying gratuities and that one didn't.

O raised the fare I paid for one of the 7-day cruises listed by $500 per person for the category I booked and is now generously offering free gratuities, effectively increasing the fare by "only" $375 per person from the Labor Day sale price. 

I wouldn't have booked if I had known I could save negative $750 on Black Friday. 🙄 

Unsurprisingly they have tons of availability. 

5 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

O raised the fare I paid for one of the 7-day cruises listed by $500 per person for the category I booked and is now generously offering free gratuities, effectively increasing the fare by "only" $375 per person from the Labor Day sale price. 

I wouldn't have booked if I had known I could save negative $750 on Black Friday. 🙄 

Unsurprisingly they have tons of availability. 

Yep...the devil is in the details, so it may not always be a savings on an earlier booking.  That's why we always have our TA do a price comparison before we jump.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1