Black Friday Sale?

jonthomas

Thanks GrammieK! I was just surprised that the price had risen by $250 per person within four days of the Black Friday Sale and didn't expect that gratuities would be covered for PHs and above. I didn't notice an increase for Concierge and regular Verandahs though. I'll be contacting them tomorrow to check things out regardless and post the results.

Thanks,

Rob

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

Good luck rob. I’d be interested to know if PH gratuities would be covered by the Black Friday sale. The advertisement said PHs and above not included. 

hope it works for you.  

Where do you see  that  PH are not covered in the sale ?

I am not seeing the Black Friday sale on their website  yet??

Am I missing  the page ?

So….I’ve searched and searched and can’t find where it said that…I know I saw it!  However, I just did a mock booking for a cruise I have booked and lo and behold…free gratuities are listed as an included amenity below where the choices are for OLife. My guess is that it now includes free gratuities. I will check with my TA later. 
this may bode well for you, Rob!

k🦃

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Where do you see  that  PH are not covered in the sale ?

I am not seeing the Black Friday sale on their website  yet??

Am I missing  the page ?

It's there now.  Look for Special Offers.  Only info re:  upgrades is for Premium Economy Air.  From $99 to $299

Edited by FetaCheese
addl info

3 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

It's there now.  Look for Special Offers.

of course it is there  now  the sale starts today😁

It was not on the  Canadian link yesterday even under Special Offers

Usually there is  a big announcement on the home page  prior to sale day

34 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

So….I’ve searched and searched and can’t find where it said that…I know I saw it!  However, I just did a mock booking for a cruise I have booked and lo and behold…free gratuities are listed as an included amenity below where the choices are for OLife. My guess is that it now includes free gratuities. I will check with my TA later. 
this may bode well for you, Rob!

k🦃

Possibly  people  were assuming because the  sale flyer listed  Veranda pricing

& your TA said for Verandas only  ??

30 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Possibly  people  were assuming because the  sale flyer listed  Veranda pricing

& your TA said for Verandas only  ??

This!

sorry for the confusion. I think I’ll recheck with my TA. Thanks, Lyn. 

I had already booked an included cruise about 9 days ago. Deposit made, but not final payment. Just got off the phone with our Oceania rep (TA?), and he is adjusting our final payment to include the prepaid gratuities. Our cabin is a concierge level veranda. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, schmerl said:

My Oceania rep got back to me and got gratuities included for our PH2 booking. 

I wish our Oceania guy were as on the ball as yours. He called me back by about 10 this morning, after I left him a voicemail yesterday regarding this special deal. He did assure me that he could get the gratuities added to our booking. But then he rushed me off the phone saying he’d send me an email about the updated invoice, but I also had to wait until he called me back. But he never did get back to me today, and the way he phrased it was rather unprofessional.

So I’ll just wait and see if he contacts me tomorrow. Since I’m new to Oceania, he’s the first rep I’ve had contact with so far. Seemed nice and friendly up till today. 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, Mariastreby said:

I wish our Oceania guy were as on the ball as yours. He called me back by about 10 this morning, after I left him a voicemail yesterday regarding this special deal. He did assure me that he could get the gratuities added to our booking. But then he rushed me off the phone saying he’d send me an email about the updated invoice, but I also had to wait until he called me back. But he never did get back to me today, and the way he phrased it was rather unprofessional.

So I’ll just wait and see if he contacts me tomorrow. Since I’m new to Oceania, he’s the first rep I’ve had contact with so far. Seemed nice and friendly up till today. 🤷‍♀️

Well, mine did get right back to me and added the gratuities, but I still haven't received the updated invoice. I imagine they were inundated with calls today. If I don't receive the invoice tomorrow, I'll email him. 

I am also new to Oceania. Well, we booked a cruise with them in 2020, but it was cancelled because of covid. 

1 hour ago, Mariastreby said:

They might have been  very busy  since the sale started today 

give them  time 

I booked my cruise during the Labor Day sale and Oceania refused to add the gratuities on my booking from this sale since the price had gone up in the meantime.  Fair enough, it was worth asking.  I'm still $1200 ahead on the overall price of this cruise compared to the "Black Friday" sale price.

8 hours ago, Psoque said:

Is it the case that the Black Friday pre-paid gratuity offer is only available to new bookings?  Or is there a way my travel agent could “re-purchase” our booking now?

or your agent  could  just get the PPG added   if your sailing is in the sale

You do not need to  repurchase  or monkey around with the booking

If you got  a better deal in another sale I would check which deal works better for you  first

8 hours ago, Psoque said:

Is it the case that the Black Friday pre-paid gratuity offer is only available to new bookings?  Or is there a way my travel agent could “re-purchase” our booking now?

My Oceania rep just added it to our existing booking. 

On 11/23/2022 at 2:20 AM, Jim and Monika said:

We tried and received nothing. Because we booked the cruise on board, we got a better rate. In order to get the grats included, we would have to pay the higher rate.

I tried with Oceania Uk this morning but no luck! Booked early this year for next June and got an upgrade offer at the time of booking so was told I didn’t qualify for the free gratuities offer

On 11/23/2022 at 6:47 AM, LHT28 said:

or your agent  could  just get the PPG added   if your sailing is in the sale

You do not need to  repurchase  or monkey around with the booking

If you got  a better deal in another sale I would check which deal works better for you  first

It looks like my travel agent was able to add the Black Friday pre-paid gratuity promotion added to our booking.

• Like 1