Black Friday Sale?

jonthomas

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

question....

if you already have prepaid gratuities, can you get the obcs to spend on tours or whatever? Just asking for the future...we hope to be in that  loyalty position at some point...

Good question! Some of the itineraries already have prepaid grats if booked via a TA belonging to a TA consortium, so there are multiple scenarios where customers already get this perk.

1 hour ago, Psoque said:

Unless I am completely misinformed, the Black Friday “sale” Oceania is offering is utterly underwhelming.

NCL told analysts recently they are trying to hold the line on prices and won't be deeply discounting rooms to get sales. So, something like this seems to fit that strategy. Offer a rather minor but not completely insignificant saving, especially that involves new customers or infrequent cruisers.

On 11/8/2022 at 1:29 PM, zelker said:
Oceania Cruises
Hero Image

Hero Image

Clink on link to see available cruises and T&Cs.  Must be booked between November 22 and 30.

NOV2225157 Black Friday Sale.indd (oceaniacruises.com)

Hello,   

Really appreciate your post.  May I ask how you received this? 

I am a past guest of O, (4 cruises) receiving multiple print brochures every week.  I did not receive this.  I am also registered for email communications, but have not received any for a very long time.  Any suggestions?

There is a similar topic on Viking Ocean Board:  "Post Viking Promos"

Perhaps a frequent O cruiser would consider starting such a topic on this O board.

Thanks for posting this doc.

Edited by FetaCheese
addl info

7 hours ago, zelker said:

You're welcome.  Sorry I can't divulge my source but I can tell you I didn't get it from O.

Thank you zelker for posting the flyer as many of us appreciate the advance details of this offer or, any future ones.

• Like 2

I have to say that Oceeania has a very “interesting” definition of the word “FREE.”

-Roundtrip airfare is “FREE!!!” if you pay for it.

-You get “FREE!!” on-board credit if you pay for it in advance.

-You get “FREE!!” excursions if you pay for it in advance.

-You get “FREE!!” basic drink package if you pary for it in advance.

I have no idea why FTC has no problems with this type of false advertising, unless nobody has bothered to report them yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, welshfamily said:

None  of these offers seem to be available in the UK.

or am I wrong?

Thanks

The  sale does not start yet   so maybe you are not seeing it  online  there ???

I am not seeing the Black Friday  sale  here  either  I would have thought  since you can book starting the 22nd  they would have the sale up online by now 🤔

On 11/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, Psoque said:

I have to say that Oceeania has a very “interesting” definition of the word “FREE.”

-Roundtrip airfare is “FREE!!!” if you pay for it.

-You get “FREE!!” on-board credit if you pay for it in advance.

-You get “FREE!!” excursions if you pay for it in advance.

-You get “FREE!!” basic drink package if you pary for it in advance.

I have no idea why FTC has no problems with this type of false advertising, unless nobody has bothered to report them yet.

As much as we love the O product, I have to agree with you.  You are exactly right.  Their pricing is ridiculously misleading to anyone who isn't paying attention.  Their invoices are even more obtuse.

Edited by YoPhilly

On 11/14/2022 at 1:05 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

Good question! Some of the itineraries already have prepaid grats if booked via a TA belonging to a TA consortium, so there are multiple scenarios where customers already get this perk.

There is an entire thread on this entitled “ If your TA gives you gratuities “.

Try going down one page in this Forum!!

46 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

There is an entire thread on this entitled “ If your TA gives you gratuities “.

Try going down one page in this Forum!!

Are you referring to the one that was started over 3 hours after my post?

If so, it's a different question. The other topic's question was about TA consortium gratuities and loyalty gratuities. This question was about Black Friday sale gratuities, not loyalty gratuities. Assuming that the same thing happens in both instances can lead to disappointment as I'm sure you know being a frequent, knowledgeable poster.

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

If so, it's a different question. The other topic's question was about TA consortium gratuities and loyalty gratuities. This question was about Black Friday sale gratuities, not loyalty gratuities. Assuming that the same thing happens in both instances can lead to disappointment as I'm sure you know being a frequent, knowledgeable poster.

My guess will be you will get PPG & the other will be  the $250 OBC

JMO

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2022 at 1:34 PM, GrammieK said:

The info my TA provided when I called is that the sale only applies to veranda cabins. 

Looking at the sale brochure, at the top of the list of included cruises is the title

"CATEGORY*"    -- Note the *

At the bottom of the list is:

* available on all stateroom categories

Holding out hope it indeed applies to all categories!!

Question - does anyone know if the sale (which seems to me to be only gratuities) is available to those of us who book cruise only? We were fortunate to book during the Memorial Day Sale (and also we were on board), and it was an upgrade which served us well, even though we booked cruise only.

1 hour ago, BWV said:

Question - does anyone know if the sale (which seems to me to be only gratuities) is available to those of us who book cruise only? We were fortunate to book during the Memorial Day Sale (and also we were on board), and it was an upgrade which served us well, even though we booked cruise only.

Probably  but ask your  TA or Oceania  to be sure

Just FYI for anyone interested, the Black Friday sale for the Oceania Bed Collection has already started.  40% off.  Their stuff isn't cheap even with the 40% off, but I waste so much money trying to tell what pillow might be comfortable in the store that it is well worth it to me to get something that I got to try out for an extended period of time first.

I've been following this thread with interest as I've been considering a Regatta trip next May. Our first time on Oceania - due to the comments about the size of the bathroom with Concierge verandahs I've looked at the PH3 cabins.

They look lovely  and more in line with what we've experienced with Regent. The upcoming Black Friday sale discussed with gratuities included would be a nice perk and I thought we would go ahead and book tomorrow. Tonite I notice that the price of the PH3's has risen by $250 however over what they posted on the 17th. Must say I'm not impressed. I realize that most lines will have dynamic pricing but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Has this been the practice in the past with O?

Thanks,

Rob