daily temperature checks.

lvdave

We'll be on the Dawn later this month and received an email from Silversea concerning their health and safety protocols.  One of the items concerns a daily temperature check by your Butler every morning in the privacy of your cabin.  Has anyone who has recently cruised on Silversea had this happen and how did it work so that you don't have to wait around for your butler to show up?

Just now, lvdave said:

We'll be on the Dawn later this month and received an email from Silversea concerning their health and safety protocols.  One of the items concerns a daily temperature check by your Butler every morning in the privacy of your cabin.  Has anyone who has recently cruised on Silversea had this happen and how did it work so that you don't have to wait around for your butler to show up?

Just got home from a cruise last week and there were no temperature checks.

I too received that email as I embark on the Dawn on Wednesday. I am completely ignoring it and consider they have just failed to update it, as per usual. Reading the appropriate protocols on the SS website healthy sailing tab there is no mention of temp checks.

They used to waste their time doing it, it is an almost completely useless screening tool, but there have been reports here that it no longer happens on the Dawn.

Back when it was happening, it was no trouble to wander along the corridor on the way out for one's morning, and if you didn't bump into your butler (which was what usually happened) you could pass by front desk and they'd do it.

• Thanks 1

We cruised back to back segments on the Dawn in August and told daily temperature checks would no longer be done from the 19th August due to a SS policy change.

Edited by drron29

We were on the Dawn in August.  They stopped the daily temp checks half way  through our cruise.  

You didnt have to  wait for your butler in your room till you had it taken,  ours would see us at some point in the day, she had the temp  gun in  her pocket  and  she would take out temps  there and then. 

We were never febrile.  😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

Were you on the Dawn and sailing a similar itinerary as the OP's voyage?  I was thinking temperature checks were still locale dependent.

No, I was on Whisper that sailed from Quebec City, went around New England and ended in NYC. So maybe here temps are no longer checked here but in Europe they are......who knows. 

• Thanks 1

With the omicron variant, a fever isn’t a given. No one I know who has had COVID recently has had a fever including my 94 year old father in law. It seems that the most prevalent symptom is a cough. Taking everyone’s temperature is a huge waste of time in my opinion. Hope that’s not happening but hope people are self monitoring/testing to keep others healthy. 

Nothing new really, we had temperature checks at embarkation in Monaco way back in 2009.

Steaming hot day with beads of sweat on our foreheads. Passenger’s were actively running chilled water bottles over their forehead before nearing the dreaded heat gun.

• Like 1