Pirate’s LIVE Mardi Gras Review…11/12/22-11/19/22

pirate4me2

Jakub doesn’t know, but this drink made me tear up. Rainbows always show up when I’m in a bad place mentally, going thru a hard time. On the drive down I saw a rainbow at the same time Savannah passed away the day prior, and years ago when another one of my horses was soooo sick I saw multiple rainbows, every day, until they were better. This drink today was just…perfect. A perfect last drink of this much needed cruise. 

833EB057-34E2-4D2D-8372-720277737947.jpeg

D983DF38-B7F9-4B84-B14B-1A22CFFDB344.jpeg

• Like 11

41 minutes ago, DanOO said:

I love your review!   What are the top three food venues you enjoyed the most? 

Breakfast: I love sea day brunch. That was the only breakfast we did, other than Big Chicken on one port day, which I didn’t care for. 
Lunch: Big chicken, Guy’s Burgers, and Fresh Creations were all we tried. Big Chicken was delish but so unhealthy, Guy’s was Guy’s but I had a burger craving and it was perfect in that moment, and I loved the HEALTHY, fresh ingredients at Fresh Creations. 
Dinner: Steakhouse of course was #1. BUT, if you’re wanting my top 3 free venues, it would be (in no particular order) Smokehouse, ChiBang, and the MDR on the night with the salmon dish I ordered. The MDR to me is hit or miss, I honestly wouldn’t have gone tonight if it were not for DH. Nothing was tickling my fancy, I probably would have went back to ChiBang. 

39 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

OOOH I wish I knew what was in the rainbow drink but it seems like your Alchemists like their secrets

I bet if you showed an alchemist the rainbow drink they could do it. That was how Jacob did it, by pic! 

• Like 2

The debarkation letter said for Platinums to meet in the Mardi Gras theater, 6 forward, at 7:30. At 7:15 we headed down, and when we hit deck 6 we were ushered into a line and never once stepped foot in the theater, just continued walking until we were off the ship! Easy peasy, lemon squeezey! 
Another successful cruise on the books. See you in February, Celebration! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, we b cruzin said:

Thank you for taking us with you on your wonderful journey.

Thanks for following along!

9 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for taking us along for the ride! So, do you prefer doing live reviews, or after the fact ones? 😎

I’m not sure to be honest. Both have pluses and minuses. Live reviews I didn’t have to take notes as much, and my phone isn’t bogged down with a ton of pics….BUT I feel like sometimes I was on my phone too much. In the future if DH needs an internet package and I do one I think ill stick to writing the posts at night. Post cruise reviews give me a chance to re live the trip, compile my thoughts better, but I also feel like I might not be as accurate/forget a detail here and there. So who knows…I’ll probably end up doing a few of each until DH finishes his college, depending on how flexible the teachers are. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

Loved your review! Thanks so much for taking us along with you! 😊

Thanks for coming along! 

49 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

My first time reading a review from you, thoroughly enjoyed!  Thank you!

Thank you for reading!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

Nice job doing the review.  Thank you.

Thanks for reading!

2 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

Safe travels home! Thanks for your review and all the pictures!

Thanks! Just a few more hours until I get to see my KatieKat ❤️

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 1:42 PM, pirate4me2 said:

My friend for the day. They have 2 dogs and 3 cats (or maybe it was 3 dogs and 2 cats? I don’t remember) and they are their pets. This kitty was a bit shy, but the grey tabby Stella was super sweet. I love my kitties and was happy to get to pet them!! 

27C05794-6DBA-48C0-A794-9DBF42DDD914.jpeg

I thought the cat was wearing a hat.

and I really like the logo'd insulated shaker.

Also well trained based on the mise in place

image.png.df504679aef5ae975e8c1d8256ac765b.png

1 hour ago, matt082600 said:

Great review!!  Thank you so much for taking the time to write it!

Thank you for reading it!

13 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Need to make a little towel fence next time

😂

7 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I thought the cat was wearing a hat.

and I really like the logo'd insulated shaker.

Also well trained based on the mise in place

image.png.df504679aef5ae975e8c1d8256ac765b.png

It does look like the cat has a hat on! Hahaha!

Hey Pirate, it was nice meeting you & your Husband. Hope you guys made it back home safely. Thanks for all the drink recommendations, I had Zoltan make me the coconut drink y'all told me about and OMG, I am still daydreaming about it. It was hands down the best drink I had all cruise. That is now my goto at the Alchemy Bar, guess I will call it the almond joy drink now as well haha. I will be back on Mardi Gras in 7 weeks, hoping Zoltan & Jakub are still there🙏🏾.

12 minutes ago, VitaminSea23 said:

Hey Pirate, it was nice meeting you & your Husband. Hope you guys made it back home safely. Thanks for all the drink recommendations, I had Zoltan make me the coconut drink y'all told me about and OMG, I am still daydreaming about it. It was hands down the best drink I had all cruise. That is now my goto at the Alchemy Bar, guess I will call it the almond joy drink now as well haha. I will be back on Mardi Gras in 7 weeks, hoping Zoltan & Jakub are still there🙏🏾.

It was great meeting you too! That almond joy martini is the best, I am going to try and replicate it at home but I have a feeling I will never quite master it. 

Dang, youre back onboard in 7 weeks, I am jealous!!!

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Enjoyed your journey Pirate.  Great pictures and good recommendations.

VitaminSea23, don't drink all the Almond Joy martinis, I'm on 2 weeks after you.

Thanks for reading! I hope Zoltan will be onboard to make you those Almond Joys....they are addictive!

On 11/18/2022 at 9:40 PM, pirate4me2 said:

Jakub doesn’t know, but this drink made me tear up. Rainbows always show up when I’m in a bad place mentally, going thru a hard time. On the drive down I saw a rainbow at the same time Savannah passed away the day prior, and years ago when another one of my horses was soooo sick I saw multiple rainbows, every day, until they were better. This drink today was just…perfect. A perfect last drink of this much needed cruise. 

833EB057-34E2-4D2D-8372-720277737947.jpeg

D983DF38-B7F9-4B84-B14B-1A22CFFDB344.jpeg

I love this - your comments and the beautiful drink. ❤️

On 11/18/2022 at 10:50 PM, pirate4me2 said:

The MDR to me is hit or miss, I honestly wouldn’t have gone tonight if it were not for DH. Nothing was tickling my fancy, I probably would have went back to ChiBang. 

I bet if you showed an alchemist the rainbow drink they could do it. That was how Jacob did it, by pic! 

The Kung Pao chicken at Chibang is my favorite! I agree, the MDR on MG is definitely hit or miss - mostly a miss for us on the nights we went. But the good thing is there are so many great options for dinner, we didn't miss the MDR once we decided to skip it. And I have to remember that rainbow drink. Do you know what kind of alcohol it had in it?

Thanks so much for posting - I loved following along!