Booking a new cruise while on board

Baz-t

Having sailed 15 cruises with Oceania, we have never previously made a new cruise booking while on board. Now we are thinking about a 33 day cruise in January 2024 and any discount I can get from Oceania would be much appreciated. So, when we are on our Riviera cruise  this January  2023, we could make a new booking for January 2024. How does it work and what savings do we get for booking on board? We do us a travel agent and I am guessing we can have the booking transferred to them for additional benefits.

Each ship has an onboard OCA ( Oceania Cruise Ambassador) that will assist you in booking your cruise(s) aboard. You will easily find their desk. As a repeater, you know them as the one heading up the repeater party.

Since you didn’t stipulate which cruise you are interested in during 1/24, I will warn you that unless it’s a Carribean cruise, you’ll find many of the 1/24 cruises sold out by 1/23.  If you like the cruise, I wouldn’t wait 3 months to book it in hopes of saving a few hundred dollars.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NeedToChill said:

Is there a standard discount scale for booking on board? Or do they make it up as they go along and just promise that it's the best deal you'll ever find?

They make it up 🤔

Not all sailings are included in some of the discounted offerings

As a note, we have even booked future cruises before getting on board an upcoming cruise and have gone to the ambassadors and they have worked with us to get many of the perks we would have gotten if we had booked on board. We have done this to make sure we got space on cruises where space might be limited if we waited to lock it done until we got on board.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They make it up 🤔

Not all sailings are included in some of the discounted offerings

I remember that used to be the case as well, but on our recent sailing, it was a table of fixed savings regardless of cruise and the amount was based on length band and cabin type (oceanview and up). 

There was also the reduced deposit and a $300 OBC that could be credited to for either the cruise you booked (or the cruise that you will book if you buy a future cruise voucher instead of booking a specific cruise), or the one that you were currently on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

I remember that used to be the case as well, but on our recent sailing, it was a table of fixed savings regardless of cruise and the amount was based on length band and cabin type (oceanview and up). 

There was also the reduced deposit and a $300 OBC that could be credited to for either the cruise you booked (or the cruise that you will book if you buy a future cruise voucher instead of booking a specific cruise), or the one that you were currently on.

Read the fine print. There are some few cruises where the discount may be limited beyond just the itinerary/cabin.

Also, you can get book onboard rates within 30 days pre-embark.

We eagerly anticipated booking the Vista ship so  had our TA grab the ones we wanted the morning they became available. That was also within a month of our Sirena cruise this spring. 
I asked the OCA about cabin placements and she not only rearranged two of them but also reworked them to get us the $100 onboard booking OBC and an additional early booking savings, all protecting our TA. 

PS. We booked the 4th Vista sailing which, with ship delivery delays, is now the inaugural sailing. More free champagne anyone?

• Like 1