Laundry service onboard Apex

traveltilidrop

Just now, Northern Aurora said:

Depending on the size of the items, and if you roll tightly, we can generally get about 30 items in a laundry bag.  These items are underwear, shirts, blouses and so forth.  If a pair of jeans is included then less than 30 items.

Thank you!

Do not send anything that you would normally cold wash/light dry. Assume your clothing will be in a hot wash and hot tumble dry.   One of my t-shirt tops that I normally put in a cold wash/light tumble dry came out a shrunken wrinkled mess.  Our clothes did come back neatly folded.  I don't know what people do on longer cruises.  We have two Celebrity cruises booked this January.  In between the two, we planned a 2-night stay at a Residence Inn that has laundry facilities in the room to do laundry.  

17 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Do not send anything that you would normally cold wash/light dry. Assume your clothing will be in a hot wash and hot tumble dry.   One of my t-shirt tops that I normally put in a cold wash/light tumble dry came out a shrunken wrinkled mess.  Our clothes did come back neatly folded.  I don't know what people do on longer cruises.  We have two Celebrity cruises booked this January.  In between the two, we planned a 2-night stay at a Residence Inn that has laundry facilities in the room to do laundry.  

We use the wash & fold for workout clothes, jeans, denim shorts, tee shirts, socks and DH underwear.  We have some Columbia travel shorts, pants & tops that easily wash n the sink and dry very quickly.  I also wash my undergarments and swimsuits in the sink. 

We also each use the Elite free dry clean item & pressing of 2 items and we pay to have a few other items dry cleaned or washed and pressed.  Last time we were on the ship for 28 days our laundry bill was less than $80.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jelayne said:

We use the wash & fold for workout clothes, jeans, denim shorts, tee shirts, socks and DH underwear.  We have some Columbia travel shorts, pants & tops that easily wash n the sink and dry very quickly.  I also wash my undergarments and swimsuits in the sink. 

We also each use the Elite free dry clean item & pressing of 2 items and we pay to have a few other items dry cleaned or washed and pressed.  Last time we were on the ship for 28 days our laundry bill was less than $80.

That's impressive.  I also do quite a bit of sink washing.  We are Elite as well, I'm sure we will use all the benefits on our January cruises.  The laundry benefit is the most valuable to me.

On 11/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, jelayne said:

That is so good to hear . We have a transatlantic cruise this spring that delivers us to Amsterdam where we begin a river cruise. I’m hoping to leave the Apex with as many clean clothes as possible because I don’t think the river cruise will even offer laundry.  The trip will be a packing challenge for sure!

1 hour ago, FeelingCruisy said:

We normally use a few bags and use one coupon for them.  In other words, you can use more than one bags as long as you don't exceed thirty items.  We have done this many times with no problems.  

If I  understand correctly you have sent out  put up to 30 items at the same time using more than 1 bag and it counted as just 1 bag for Elite/Elite+ laundry perks.

If so that may be changing.  We were just on the Beyond in a Suite and we wanted to send out some wash & fold laundry as well as 2 items for dry cleaning.  We asked our butler for a 2 nd bag so we could put wash & fold In 1 bag and the 2 dry clean items in a 2nd bag.  He said we were now limited to just 1 bag at a time so put dry clean and wash & fold in the 1 bag and the laundry would know which 2 pieces were for dry cleaning.  They did figure it out as the 2 dry clean items were dress pants and those were the only long pants in the bag.  But it could be the days of 30 items be the key but rather 1 bag at a time limit.

55 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If I  understand correctly you have sent out  put up to 30 items at the same time using more than 1 bag and it counted as just 1 bag for Elite/Elite+ laundry perks.

If so that may be changing.  We were just on the Beyond in a Suite and we wanted to send out some wash & fold laundry as well as 2 items for dry cleaning.  We asked our butler for a 2 nd bag so we could put wash & fold In 1 bag and the 2 dry clean items in a 2nd bag.  He said we were now limited to just 1 bag at a time so put dry clean and wash & fold in the 1 bag and the laundry would know which 2 pieces were for dry cleaning.  They did figure it out as the 2 dry clean items were dress pants and those were the only long pants in the bag.  But it could be the days of 30 items be the key but rather 1 bag at a time limit.

Yes, elite plus here, been on many Celebrity cruises (pre-covid).  And correct, we've used more than 1 bag to fill up 30 items and never had a problem.  I can understand if they may have change the rules, but I'll try it and report back (sailing Nov 28).  But I do find it totally bizzare that your butler wouldn't give you an extra bag to separate the items (wash vs dry clean).  That itself would've eaten up even more room in that 1 bag.  (I assume they're still using those white paper bags that can rip easy).  I always carry a tape with me on our cruises.  Anyway, like I said, been doing it for years as a pair of jeans would've filled up the entire bag.

1 hour ago, FeelingCruisy said:

(I assume they're still using those white paper bags that can rip easy).

Paper Bags haven't been used for a long time. It's nice reusable cloth bags. You send them out and receive the cleaned clothes in them (wash & fold).

We use the laundry only for underwear, pj's , cheap tee shirts and socks.  Never anything "special".  I hand wash swim suits and if necessary dry clean  or have pressed other items.  Since we are heavy packers, we never have a problem.  

I  would rather take  the extra clothes and pay if additional luggage if necessary.

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 11/14/2022 at 11:30 PM, kwokpot said:

Paper Bags haven't been used for a long time. It's nice reusable cloth bags. You send them out and receive the cleaned clothes in them (wash & fold).

Thanks for the heads up. We normally just bring a carry on each so this will be fun lol.  The cruise is 14 days and 9 days post cruise. Anyway, I think we'll get by