Saltydog gastropub question

Would DH & I be allowed to share an order, or is each person required to order their own? From what I see & read one order would be enough for the 2 of us. Neither of us is a heavy eater. I do want to try the lobster mac n cheese.Thanks! ☺️

I was on the Ruby for the cruise that ended on Monday 11/7.  I had the lobster mac and cheese and it was delicious!  Way more lobster in it than I had expected! Not a big enough bowl to share though.😉😆.  I also had the grilled cheese and soup.  The soup was also in a small bowl and the sandwich was more the size of a half sammie. DH had the hamburger which was large. It’s definitely not a huge meal like some SD venues in case they don’t let you share and you still want to try it.  I would definitely eat there again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I was on the Ruby for the cruise that ended on Monday 11/7.  I had the lobster mac and cheese and it was delicious!  Way more lobster in it than I had expected! Not a big enough bowl to share though.😉😆.  I also had the grilled cheese and soup.  The soup was also in a small bowl and the sandwich was more the size of a half sammie. DH had the hamburger which was large. It’s definitely not a huge meal like some SD venues in case they don’t let you share and you still want to try it.  I would definitely eat there again. 

Thanks for the report. We'll have some extra obc on our next 3 cruises. I see lunch at gastropub in our future. 😁

On 11/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, t&atravel said:

It was only open for dinner on the Ruby.  Opened at 6pm

I was on the Ruby 3 times this year.  Salty dog was also open for lunch in Jan-Feb and April.  Only went once, was disappointed and most likely won't go back.  But it was open, empty, but open. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, justafem said:

I was on the Ruby 3 times this year.  Salty dog was also open for lunch in Jan-Feb and April.  Only went once, was disappointed and most likely won't go back.  But it was open, empty, but open. 

This was our 3rd time also (Apr, Aug & Oct). It’s being empty was probably why they changed it to dinner only.  There were quite a few people in there the night we went.  We were a party of four.

Just completed a coastal cruise on the Crown. Disappointed to find the Salty Dog Gastro Pub had been closed since May. Seems Princess could have taken it off the list of specialty restaurants available. There was even a section in the survey. I put NA for each of the questions.