Tugboat lockout Australia wide.

A lockout of Tugboat operators by the major Tugboat company is now in effect in Australia. I'm not sure what effect this will have on cruise ship operations. Most new cruise ships can dock very well without the use of Tugs so in that way the effect should be minimal but there are many regulations in the ports around that require Tugs to be in attendance. 

Could be a non issue as I have no idea what ports these Tugs operate and if these Tugs are the ones cruise ships use but thought it might be worth posting and getting some other information about this.

48 minutes ago, chezzyr said:

Fingers crossed as I am booked to fly to Brisbane tomorrow and a cruise departing on Sunday. Where can we get updates? I have emailed BICT/Port of Brisbane but not holding my breath.

"Tug boat trike will have minimal impact on port of Brisbane"  Port of Brisbane Chief Operating Officer. 

www.brisbanetimes.com.au

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

"Tug boat trike will have minimal impact on port of Brisbane"  Port of Brisbane Chief Operating Officer. 

www.brisbanetimes.com.au

I figure this will be the case in many ports, as Switzer is not the only tug operator. As to which ports could be affected more than others, I don't know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

18.45 on 15.11.

They are starting to push out Cunard's Queen Victoria 

Or cookie cutter sister, Queen Elizabeth.

St Martinique, the tug operating for her push out, is not a Switzer tug, and I would expect her to be operating on Friday for Majestic Princess.

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Or cookie cutter sister, Queen Elizabeth.

St Martinique, the tug operating for her push out, is not a Switzer tug, and I would expect her to be operating on Friday for Majestic Princess.

ELIZABETH, of course.

🙂

Freudian slip,  as we usually sail on the Victoria 

Screenshot_20221115-190141_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Latest news is that Military and Cruise ships will still be docked. There are other tug boat Companies able to do this job. 👍

That is good news. Now I just have to contend with the rail unions industrial action and dodging Covid  on the way to the Majestic. 😷

• Like 3

An announcement was made at lunchtime today (18th Nov) that industrial action could not be held for the next 6 months, giving us some grace.

Financial Review: The decision suspends Svitzer and the unions from entering into industrial action for six months.

We will see what happens

Lynn and Carl

• Like 2