QR Code for Boarding

ScottsSweetie

I have filled out all my information on the app. Both profile pictures show a checkmark and reflect that we are in the Green Lane. All required information has been filled out. How do I get the QR code that is mentioned for boarding? And, under the "suggested" area on Wellness Check, am I still required to upload a copy of my covid vaccination record even though that requirement has been dropped?  Or is it possible that I won't get a QR code until I have a room assignment?

If I can't figure this out I can just show up for boarding on Saturday with all my paperwork, right?

Do you have an arrival time? If not, you should get one just to be on the safe side.  I'm not sure they pay any attention to that at all, but we've had the first boarding group each time anyhow.

I can't remember anybody ever asking to see the QR code on any of the cruises we've been on since the restart. 

Edited by Sea Hag
clarification
  • Thanks 1

We have done 5 cruises since the restart...NOBODY has ever asked to see anything on the app...and it's an exercise in futility uploading that stuff in the app because half the time it will not upload and they ask to see it regardless as to whether it was successful or not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We boarded the Sky a few days ago at PE. From the moment we got out of the taxi to the time we were walking up the gangway to board with our Medallions, nobody wanted to see any documents at all except for our passports. No Arrival Group, no QR code, no Princess paperwork, obviously no COVID/Vax docs, nothing.  It was exactly the same in Brooklyn in September for the Enchanted.

• Thanks 2

Don’t stress.  We’ve been on 8 cruises just this year and I uploaded our vaccine proof and later our covid test proof (was required for an enhanced cruise).

I would just upload vax proof, just in case you may need it, as things change very quickly.  It is a digital record for you.

They ALL wanted to see original passport, vax card and covid test.  So, you must bring your original documents with you. Of course, whatever has been required.  Always been the case.

The QR code comes after you’ve done your checkin and selected a boarding group, which is usually available about 59-12 days prior to sailing.

For your own benefit, print your luggage tags and travel summary. PCL does suggest this. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We boarded the Sky a few days ago at PE. From the moment we got out of the taxi to the time we were walking up the gangway to board with our Medallions, nobody wanted to see any documents at all except for our passports. No Arrival Group, no QR code, no Princess paperwork, obviously no COVID/Vax docs, nothing.  It was exactly the same in Brooklyn in September for the Enchanted.

Just like pre covid.  Those werre the good old days!  😆

Not the case if you’re on an enhanced voyage though. 

• Thanks 1

Seems to me we didn't get the QR code until we were assigned a boarding time.  But as others have said it hasn't really mattered since no one asked for any documentation - they saw our Elite medallions and pointed us to the ship!  There were quite a few people sitting in a waiting area so it's possible they were only allowing certain groups to board - but either way - no documents were asked for or needed. Have fun!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the responses! I have not been able to procure a boarding time (have read the threads here with instructions but I don't have those options available on this awesome, wonderful app 😏). We don't plan on showing up to the port until 12:00-12:30 so hopefully the rush will be over. We will definitely have all paperwork including passports, medallions and luggage tags.

3 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

I have filled out all my information on the app. Both profile pictures show a checkmark and reflect that we are in the Green Lane. All required information has been filled out. How do I get the QR code that is mentioned for boarding? And, under the "suggested" area on Wellness Check, am I still required to upload a copy of my covid vaccination record even though that requirement has been dropped?  Or is it possible that I won't get a QR code until I have a room assignment?

If I can't figure this out I can just show up for boarding on Saturday with all my paperwork, right?

You don't need a thing but your medallion

Took us a total of 5 minutes to check in in Sunday. Had the QR coded but they didn't look at it..rhey see everything in your medallion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sabreline said:

You don't need a thing but your medallion

Took us a total of 5 minutes to check in in Sunday. Had the QR coded but they didn't look at it..rhey see everything in your medallion.

All that there is in the medallion is a serial number. That links to the ship's computer when you are on board.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NownZen said:

All that there is in the medallion is a serial number. That links to the ship's computer when you are on board.

No....it links to the computer when you arrive at the terminal! Just did this 72 hours ago so pretty sure I remenber!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, sabreline said:

No....it links to the computer when you arrive at the terminal! Just did this 72 hours ago so pretty sure I remenber!!!!

You misunderstood the wording. The medallion has a serial number and that is all. The ship's computer (and before that the Princess web data base) has your details (room, credit card, account balance etc). When you present the medallion that code is passed to the ship's computer where the relevant information is sent to the requesting unit. For example, your picture at a shop or getting on board. Anything going the other way like charges also goes into your account accessed by the serial number. This is done so that to change, replace, etc your medallion all they have to do is to change the serial number that links to your account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wineforhealth said:

The boarding time you are given is not followed. Just get in line when you get to port.

I can attest to this

we do a princess cruise every thanksgiving and it’s always been..show up when you want, show your medallion and get on the ship. I don’t even know our boarding time last year, but we got to port Everglades at 9am and got right on the ship.

On 11/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, fpsphil said:

It’s always show up, scan, walk on (if elite). Never had an issue boarding

It is unfair that Princess do not post out medallions to Australians or New Zealanders. It would speed up the entire embarkation process if they did.

Edited by Ttynd8

15 hours ago, firefighter4u said:

We leave FLL on Wednesday and I haven't been afforded the opportunity to get a boarding time....  I guess we'll just show up around 1:00.  

You will be just fine! We arrived at 10:45 and where aboard and in our cabin by 11:30!!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

?  Port Everglades is in Fort Lauderdale

😳 oops. Thought when I left from Everglades on Carnival years ago that it was different from Fort Lauderdale last December.  Is there a Port Canaveral too?? Maybe I'm remembering the wrong Carnival terminal ... I know it was Florida 

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

😳 oops. Thought when I left from Everglades on Carnival years ago that it was different from Fort Lauderdale last December.  Is there a Port Canaveral too?? Maybe I'm remembering the wrong Carnival terminal ... I know it was Florida 

Yes, there is a Port Canaveral. And Port Everglades is in Fort Lauderdale.

• Thanks 1