"Check in" Tomorrow question

8 minutes ago, ballarinamom said:

So we will be 45 days out tomorrow. First time using the app for RCCL cruises. Will the checkin section become available at 12:00 est? Or will there be a link emailed? What should I expect to see?

Check in will open up at midnight local time for the port your ship is sailing from.  When you go into the app, you will see you can click on the check in options.

• Like 2

Serious question for informational purposes:  

Have there been any reports on here of people checking in at say 6AM or 9AM rather than midnight, and early check-in times not being available?  If that isn't happening, seems like a whole lotta unnecessary "oh my god, I gotta be up at midnight" angst.

3 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Have there been any reports on here of people checking in at say 6AM or 9AM rather than midnight, and early check-in times not being available?  If that isn't happening, seems like a whole lotta unnecessary "oh my god, I gotta be up at midnight" angst.

Most people don't even know check in opens 45 days out or even care, so I don't think there's any rush to get in there at midnight.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I just checked in for Navigator New Years sailing a couple of days ago. Granted, I woke up at 0430 (damn all those Wonder TA time changes) and 10:30 check in times were available. I looked yesterday afternoon, and 11:00 still available. 
I would never get up at midnight for a check in, but many do. And many are just up at that time.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I have checked in at 8, 830 am several times and was able to get 1030 or 1100.  Latest I have ever had in our 13 cruises has been 1230.  I don’t get the “angst”. 

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

I checked in for my October Oasis cruise just after midnight and was able to get 10am check in time.  People on my rollcall posted that they checked in at 12:15 said 11am was the earliest available.  I just happened to be awake at midnight, so I checked us in.  I only chose our times and went back to bed.  I finished the rest of the process in the morning.  Had I not woken up, I would have just done it at 6am when I got up.  I did check then too and could have gotten 11:30, which I would have been fine with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

The time zones work in my favor for this cruise which is nice. So I'll be wide awake. But yes, Im sure there will still be a lot of angst for people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

FYI:  Sometimes check in does not open at the stroke of Midnight.  It was a few minutes after for me this week.  Others have reported longer delays.  Don’t feel you are doing something wrong.

This is what I was wondering. I know things can and will happen. I'll be glad to know its not just me if it does! LOL

51 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I have checked in at 8, 830 am several times and was able to get 1030 or 1100.  Latest I have ever had in our 13 cruises has been 1230.  I don’t get the “angst”. 

Sherri🙂

I usually dont care but will be traveling the next week and would prefer an earlier boarding time if possible. I can see myself getting distracted or not have service to check in 

1 minute ago, ballarinamom said:

This is what I was wondering. I know things can and will happen. I'll be glad to know its not just me if it does! LOL

I checked into my cruise in september , and had both the laptop and iphone app

open , to see what would open up first at midnight. 

They were slightly different times for me. Cant remember which was first though.

I wanted an early check in and got my pick. I dont go to bed early so no problem for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ballarinamom said:

Thank you! That's what i figured. Jut wanted to make sure I wasnt missing anything

I did the midnight check in for our cruise in December and the website opened up before the app for check  in.  So I started the check in process on the website to get an early boarding time and finished the rest of the process later on the app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pam_1024 said:

I did the midnight check in for our cruise in December and the website opened up before the app for check  in.  So I started the check in process on the website to get an early boarding time and finished the rest of the process later on the app.

Thank you!

• Like 1