Black Friday Sale...No great shakes

8 hours ago, SG65CB said:

It is possible you are selecting a two-device package and not seeing the right price, but just wanted to make sure because the distinction is not clear on the website. 

Thanks, I'm doing it correctly but the site sure isn't!  I tried to just buy the one device each per person at $13.99 per person per day just to have it since the price isn't THAT much different from the one person two device offering and it wouldn't take my credit card which is a good card.  I gave up and went to work and am trying now but the whole site is down. 

Do better, RC, do better...

• Like 1

So after this "glitche" the drink package on my Oasis June 30 cruise went from $62.99 on sale to $72.99 on sale.  I had it in my cart and even there the price changed.  I am so annoyed.  It's annoying that they play these games.  This happened to me on our last cruise when I tried to purchase on a big deal and the first day of the sale there was "problems". I come back and and the price changed.

• Like 1

At 62.99 per day with gratuity, our 8 day cruise is $594.63 and 72.99 per day is $689.03.  If you are so inclined to purchase the package, I don't think the $94.40 savings is worth the aggravation of constantly monitoring the website to see the dynamic pricing.  

If you want the package, buy it and don't look back.  You will never think of the $94 when you pay your final bill.  ☺️

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 4:16 AM, deliver42 said:

Their sales are rarely sales, just mumbo jumbo.

Agree. One really has to watch the prices. Jamie’s is showing as $54.99 for the everyday price. Once they add the 25% savings, it’s back to the regular price. Six months ago we were paying $34.99 PP. At that price it was doable but not at twenty bucks more PP. I realize that things are more expensive now but Jamie’s pales in comparison to Giovanni’s. 

The website has been really frustrating but I did get some sales that were truly sales.  Water package for instance is the lowest I’ve ever paid.  One Alaska excursion was $5 lower then even booking with an outside party for the same thing.  That’s unusual. Coco beach club was half the usual price of any of our previous cruises there.  Many other excursions in the Caribbean were lower by $10 or so pp.  It all adds up when you’ve got a lot of cruises on the books.  Although next summer is a long time away I can always cancel if I change my mind for Alaska.  I do know they won’t go down!  

I saved $183 on  my Alaskan excursions. After a bunch of frustration with the site, I called to get excursions cancelled and rebooked. My daughter’s excursion is not showing In calendar as purchased, but when I tried to add her today it said she already had the excursion. I did get an email confirmation and a pending charge so here’s hoping. 

I’m not complaining. Yesterday,  I purchased passes to Coco Beach Club for 50% off and also knocked about $80 off the Voom internet package. Beach Club offer is now sold out. The prices are outrageous to start with for sure, but I need internet for work and the beach club itself and the menu choices look good at the half-price offer. 

Edited by teddie
Addition
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, as3369 said:

At 62.99 per day with gratuity, our 8 day cruise is $594.63 and 72.99 per day is $689.03.  If you are so inclined to purchase the package, I don't think the $94.40 savings is worth the aggravation of constantly monitoring the website to see the dynamic pricing.  

If you want the package, buy it and don't look back.  You will never think of the $94 when you pay your final bill.  ☺️

Personally, checking a website a couple of times is worth $94 to me. It would take a lot of people quite a few hours of work to make that. 

• Like 2