Just back from the Encore! Any questions?

jdvmd

22 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks for all the great info.  Was the bar open in the buffet at breakfast for Bloody Marys, Mimosas, Screwdrivers?  If so, was it open on disembarkation day?  Thanks.

Yes, open until.midnight. Mostly opened at 6 a.m. though according to the dailies, there were a day or two where it opened at 6:30 a.m. or 7 a.m. Sorry we didn't use their services.

Disembarkation - cannot answer that.  The buffet is open from 6 to 9 a.m. Will post that information shortly.

40 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

Yes, open until.midnight. Mostly opened at 6 a.m. though according to the dailies, there were a day or two where it opened at 6:30 a.m. or 7 a.m. Sorry we didn't use their services.

Disembarkation - cannot answer that.  The buffet is open from 6 to 9 a.m. Will post that information shortly.

Thanks.  

On 11/22/2022 at 8:44 AM, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks for all the great info.  Was the bar open in the buffet at breakfast for Bloody Marys, Mimosas, Screwdrivers?  If so, was it open on disembarkation day?  Thanks.

We cruised the Panama Canal to Miami sailing and it was NOT open on disembark day. I didnt see any bar open actually. So I drank my sadness away at the airport LMAO

12 minutes ago, anewmac said:

We cruised the Panama Canal to Miami sailing and it was NOT open on disembark day. I didnt see any bar open actually. So I drank my sadness away at the airport LMAO

🤣The buffet bar was open for breakfast my last cruise, but only for soda.  The two prior cruises (on the Encore) it was open for Bloody Marys, etc.  I can use a nice Bloody Mary prior to beginning a "stressful" day of travel.  We may need a sticky thread to track disembark bar openings across the fleet. 🤣  This is important information.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AtlantaAlly said:

I couldn’t tell from the dailies photos: were there any specialty restaurants opened for lunch? I recall that food republic usually is on sea days- but wondering if any others?

Good question. I will go back through the Dailys and see if I can find something. I know there was a private function going on in LeBistro one day. Also, saw American Diner open on the sea days. Other than that, I do not think they were open.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I saw it open a few times, probably the sea days, but never once saw anyone in it.  Talk about a wasted space!

I actually saw numerous people in there. They must have had the packages as I looked at the menu and couldn't believe people would pay that much for what was offering.

HI, thanks for all the information. We cruise on her in February. We haven't cruised NCL since pre-Covid so my memory is poor on some things. 

1. I saw a video that showed a coffee pot in the room. What kind of coffee is this? Does the steward update the supply? (it was a video of an aft balcony)

2. We are on deck 8 and hoping that there are some places on deck 8 that have am coffee (that would be included in the regular drink package or is free). On the Escape I think they set up coffee in the gelatto area. Seems like I'm a bit coffee obsessed doesn't it? 😝  I just know that because we are aft it's going to be a long walk to anywhere, especially those upper deck food options. 

3. How did you find main dining room dining? was there one you preferred? We have two days of specialty planned so far. 

4. Is there a dueling pianos show on this ship? We have enjoyed this venue on other ships.

What excursions did you do and how were they?

I cannot wait for this cruise. Thanks so much.

We head out on Dec. 11th for our Encore cruise, so I'm going to try and keep track on any unanswered questions specifically about the Encore, especially with it being so early in the 22-23 Caribbean season. This is also a less "busy" cruise for us, so I'll have more downtime to purposely look at things I don't care about. 🙂 So, if you have any questions (yes, I see yours above @flarad!), let me know! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flarad said:

HI, thanks for all the information. We cruise on her in February. We haven't cruised NCL since pre-Covid so my memory is poor on some things. 

1. I saw a video that showed a coffee pot in the room. What kind of coffee is this? Does the steward update the supply? (it was a video of an aft balcony)

2. We are on deck 8 and hoping that there are some places on deck 8 that have am coffee (that would be included in the regular drink package or is free). On the Escape I think they set up coffee in the gelatto area. Seems like I'm a bit coffee obsessed doesn't it? 😝  I just know that because we are aft it's going to be a long walk to anywhere, especially those upper deck food options. 

3. How did you find main dining room dining? was there one you preferred? We have two days of specialty planned so far. 

4. Is there a dueling pianos show on this ship? We have enjoyed this venue on other ships.

Question 3: We found the food to be "OK" at all the MDRs.  Manhattan seemed to have better service and we liked dining there better than the others.

Question 4:  No dueling pianos, much to our disappointment.  

2 hours ago, flarad said:

1. No coffee pot in our room, midship balcony, deck 10, #12146. Don't think they do this anymore because of Covid. Maybe if you are in a suite, yes.

2. Starbucks is on Deck 6 but I don't know if it is included in the regular drink package (probably not). Sorry we didn't have a drink package.

3. We had a great experience with both Savor and Taste. Enjoyed the smaller dining venues. Had no problems walking up and getting a table for 2 but we didn't go during the rush.

4. No dueling pianos.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cisco Kid said:

Thanks for the information; this will help with my group of 10 sailing in January.  Can you me tell if there was special pricing for the Wi-Fi packages on the 1st day of the cruise?

Sorry I don't know. We are Platinum Latitudes and would have received a discount but didn't purchase.

We were also on this cruise and had a great time, too. We actually preferred Taste to Savor and never went to Manhattan except for the Latitudes party.

We also enjoyed Alexa, especially her Elton John and Billy Joel tribute show.

The bartenders and servers at Surf and Sugarcane were great, too! 😁

Edited by SenatorsFan
more info

31 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

We were also on this cruise and had a great time, too. We actually preferred Taste to Savor

Aren't they exactly the same thing?  We've gone to both and made our decisions based upon meaningless things like if somebody else was in front of us or how "crowded" they looked.