Early morning running on promenade deck ( pinacle class).

seaver

44 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

I guess we're in the minority, we've used the Promenade deck ALOT on our 3 HAL cruises this year (it is my primary form of exercise both on and off ship), and I have yet to come across someone jogging on the Promenade.

We’ve also been on 3 HAL cruises this year and use the promenade for walks a few times a day. Gotta get those steps in ☺️ And I agree with you, we’ve never encountered anyone jogging. We’ve seen some fast walkers but no joggers. 

25 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

We’ve also been on 3 HAL cruises this year and use the promenade for walks a few times a day. Gotta get those steps in ☺️ And I agree with you, we’ve never encountered anyone jogging. We’ve seen some fast walkers but no joggers. 

We're those fast walkers - looking like we are on our way to be somewhere important and with purpose! ( must be something happening on the other side of the ship ! )

We have a cruise next week, and it will be our first with our Fitbit - so looking forward  counting steps instead of  laps - woohoo!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, seaver said:

Thanks for your reply. If it's not allowed I won't run. I run 6 miles every day at 4:30 AM,was just hoping that I could run 3 laps per mile instead of 12 laps per mile. Asked and answered.

I don't recall if the gym is open 24/7, and it might be even more boring than 12 laps per mile, but you could consider getting your 10k in on a treadmill.

2 hours ago, rodndonna said:

I guess we're in the minority, we've used the Promenade deck ALOT on our 3 HAL cruises this year (it is my primary form of exercise both on and off ship), and I have yet to come across someone jogging on the Promenade.

1 hour ago, Andi Land said:

That's because they're going so fast you don't see them!  (just kidding!) 😉

Seriously though, this surprises me.  As I said earlier there was one on our cruise just this month, and usually  but not every cruise I've been on.   It is also my primary form of exercise so I'm out there often. 

• Like 1

Hi Seaver.  No way you can get in forty miles a week on a ship.  Your best shot is researching running possibilites when you dock.  Running is a great way to see a city.

I'm an old/former marathoner who has been there.

6 hours ago, Balliett said:

Hi Seaver.  No way you can get in forty miles a week on a ship.  Your best shot is researching running possibilites when you dock.  Running is a great way to see a city.

I have been running for over 40 years and have never gone more than 2 days without running. I have cruised at least once a year in that time frame, please don't tell me there is no way I can get 40 miles on a ship!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seaver said:

I have been running for over 40 years and have never gone more than 2 days without running. I have cruised at least once a year in that time frame, please don't tell me there is no way I can get 40 miles on a ship!

Running is ok on the sports deck.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Balliett said:

I logged 33 on Veendam in 2018.  All on the treadmill.  4 5s and 1 13 miler- that ship didn’t have a track.

The following year, I ran 37 on a river cruise (6 10Ks). 

On Valor, I ran about 20 and biked 140 on a stationary bike.  I swam at the beach but that was in the years before I had a swim distance tracker and just swam by time while training for a triathlon in 2013. 

Veendam was the toughest- gym was hot, the ship had a low ceiling which weirded me out, and some days were rocky and looking at the horizon made me feel off kilter.  So I had to run looking at my feet.  

1 hour ago, Charlene1985 said:

I logged 33 on Veendam in 2018.  All on the treadmill.  4 5s and 1 13 miler- that ship didn’t have a track.

The following year, I ran 37 on a river cruise (6 10Ks). 

On Valor, I ran about 20 and biked 140 on a stationary bike.  I swam at the beach but that was in the years before I had a swim distance tracker and just swam by time while training for a triathlon in 2013. 

Veendam was the toughest- gym was hot, the ship had a low ceiling which weirded me out, and some days were rocky and looking at the horizon made me feel off kilter.  So I had to run looking at my feet.  

Very  impressive! Congrats