Darn it Air Transat !

Ex-Airbalancer

On 12/4/2022 at 6:42 PM, DirtyDawg said:

We were looking at a vacation down to the DR from Pearson and Air Canada wanted to route us through Halifax both ways. We are flying with another airline. 

Hope it the not airline that the airport employees hide coke on it 😱😁

Talk about back tracking on a flight 

Barcelona to Toronto via Calgary  , 🙄

I guess Westjet is moving out Eastern Canada 

0AE25CBE-E763-4269-B2C7-9C76FA021D35.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 9:44 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Air Transat is no longer showing direct flight from Barcelona to Toronto after our Spring TA in May 

it been change to a stop over in Montreal 😢

got a notification on google flights about it but no notification from Air Transat , also they website is showing a stop over n

called CIBC since that is who we book with , they said they have not gotten  any notification from Air Transat about the change 

AC has is the only other one with direct flight at $1600 in economy compared to $314 on AT 

I guess I will just have wait it out see what happens 

Our flight to San Juan for a Trans Atlantic cruise in March has been cancelled and our flight from Athens to Toronto at the end of a cruise in May has been cancelled.  In both cases AT didn't notify us or our TA.  I found this out on my own when I was looking to see how full the aircrafts were.

For the Athens to Toronto flight, we were able to scramble to get on a flight from Athens that stops in Montreal (1 day later), changes aircraft, then onto to Toronto.

For our flight to San Juan in March (March Break!!!) we are looking for a flight to FLL and then onto San Juan with JetBlue.  Extra $$$ though. 

32 minutes ago, millybess said:

Our flight to San Juan for a Trans Atlantic cruise in March has been cancelled and our flight from Athens to Toronto at the end of a cruise in May has been cancelled.  In both cases AT didn't notify us or our TA.  I found this out on my own when I was looking to see how full the aircrafts were.

For the Athens to Toronto flight, we were able to scramble to get on a flight from Athens that stops in Montreal (1 day later), changes aircraft, then onto to Toronto.

For our flight to San Juan in March (March Break!!!) we are looking for a flight to FLL and then onto San Juan with JetBlue.  Extra $$$ though. 

I wonder if Person fees are getting too Expensive for Westjet and Air Transat ? 
Hopefully Porter will take some of Westjet/Air Transat Southerly routes   

On 12/27/2022 at 1:29 PM, millybess said:

If you don’t mind the drive to Buffalo, JetBlue and Delta fly BUF-SJU.  

Thanks so much for this 😊.  Our problem is that we have so much credit with AT over the years that we are trying to use it up before (we fear) they go out of business 😢. So we are now looking at a flight with AT to FLL and JetBlue from FLL to SJU. But I will look at your suggestion more closely. We have flown out of Buffalo before and we really like that airport. 

• 2 months later...

Air Transat may be cheaper. BUT WE STAY AWAY FROM THEM as I consider them in the same vein as Sunwing.   Lousy!!! We stay with regular scheduled airlines like Air Canada.  I do not like Air Canada either but as they have more planes, we are usually able to deal with them much easier in the event of a flight change or air craft change. The lesser of two evils.    

• Haha 1

When we returned from Europe with AT via Montreal a few years ago, they used a bus type vehicle that transferred us from one plane to the next.  We thought that was weird not having to clear customs in Montreal.  The flight from Montreal to Toronto was totally littered with debris from the disembarking passengers, no clean up whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Senga said:

When we returned from Europe with AT via Montreal a few years ago, they used a bus type vehicle that transferred us from one plane to the next.  We thought that was weird not having to clear customs in Montreal.  The flight from Montreal to Toronto was totally littered with debris from the disembarking passengers, no clean up whatsoever.

I see what it is like in May 

Air Transat change the flight from direct to a stop in Montreal 

3 hours ago, Senga said:

Where do figure that airplane that took you from Montreal to Toronto came from?

4 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We are suppose to be on the same plane that is bring us back from Barcelona, with a 2 hour layover in Montreal 

That makes sense to me; I was curious about Senga's shift from one plane to another to make the connection.

6 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Where do figure that airplane that took you from Montreal to Toronto came from?

We didn’t ask but from the total disaster it must have been a LONG flight!

• 2 weeks later...

We flew home from London a couple of days ago with AT and it was very nice!  We are flying with them again in May and in June and hope it will be just as enjoyable. 

The food was very good and the flight attendants were excellent. They said that this year has been one of their best for bookings. Hopefully this is a good sign for their future.

It’s irritating when they cancel flights and in the recent past we’ve had to scramble on short notice to make other arrangements. But it seems that is happening throughout the industry. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mexico8 said:

We have flights to and from Montreal to Bordeaux,  France in June and wonder if there is any bus from Ottawa to Montreal provided by Air Transat?   

You could take the train  maybe

1 hour ago, mexico8 said:

We have flights to and from Montreal to Bordeaux,  France in June and wonder if there is any bus from Ottawa to Montreal provided by Air Transat?   

No.  Check out the bus service and see if it fits your schedule.  The tricky part is coming home and getting the bus from YUL to Ottawa.

https://www.orleansexpress.com/en/

4 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Sure; then it's a calculation of convenience vs cost of parking.

Exactly  - also if we are tired after a long flight and then  have to drive to Ottawa.  Plus the cost of parking for 17 days.   Hoping a train or bus will work out instead.   I will ask Air Transat if they have any bus service or find some other company.

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Unfortunately, Air Transat (and CBSA and luggage handlers) doesn't work closely with Via to coordinate schedules.  I often rent a car to get from YUL to home in Ottawa; it's predictable and, until this year, not too expensive.  I'm on a YUL/LGW Air Transat return over the period 12 Aug - 2 Sept and it is much cheaper for me to take the bus from Ottawa Station to the airport and rent a car to come home than drive and park.  Via is not very much less expensive but has some built-in hassles, delays and scheduling uncertainties.  I'm willing to do this because the airfare was less than half what Air Canada wanted for London/Ottawa return in Premium.

OK you  are flying to London & not Bordeaux as you posted in the  subject ??

You already know  the answer to your questions

If you are going to London  why not just fly to London from YOW ??

GEEZ

Just now, LHT28 said:

OK you  are flying to London & not Bordeaux as you posted in the  subject ??

You already know  the answer to your questions

If you are going to London  why not just fly to London from YOW ??

GEEZ

GEEZ.... didn't I say that the airfare on Air Transat was less than half than the AC return fare?  For two people, that worked out to about $2,300.  I'm willing to do a little farting around for that.

I'm not flying to or from Bordeaux.... was just commenting on some of the 'features' of flying point-to-point with Air Transat and how one might get home (in this case Ottawa) following arrival in the destination city.