Booked Last Week and now Extra OBC advertised.

dock

15 minutes ago, CruseKrazy said:

Got the additional 50$ on 2 cruises we had booked last week after a long wait on the phone with our TA.  Celebrity trying hard to fill their ships.

Well they are not trying that hard.  I've booked an IV cabin for an April TA with my sister.  Now want to switch to 2 insides and prices exorbitantly high and lots of insides remain. There are no more IV's left. They can easily sell our cabin at prevailing rates. 

We booked a cruise to Hawaii for 2024 on Wednesday with the Black Friday Promo.  When I got the email about the extra $50 I asked our TA to see if we could have it added.  He called Celebrity and was told it doesn't apply to our sailing.  Its only $50 so no big deal but I did not see anywhere that this only applied to certain sailings.  Be interesting to see what they do (if anything) for Cyber Monday.

12 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

We booked a cruise to Hawaii for 2024 on Wednesday with the Black Friday Promo.  When I got the email about the extra $50 I asked our TA to see if we could have it added.  He called Celebrity and was told it doesn't apply to our sailing.  Its only $50 so no big deal but I did not see anywhere that this only applied to certain sailings.  Be interesting to see what they do (if anything) for Cyber Monday.

$50 is a big deal if they have added the promo. I know it doesn't apply to insides but should for every category above.  Call back and get another rep. 

Edited by drakes2
  • Like 1

Just now, drakes2 said:

$50 is a big deal if they have added the promo. I know it doesn't apply to insides but should for every category above. I'd go after it. 

We are in a sunset veranda.  From my TA:  

I am on the phone with Celebrity and they have advised that the $50 OBC is sailing specific and does not apply to your particular sailing.  You have the richest deal for that sailing date at this point. 

21 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

We are in a sunset veranda.  From my TA:  

I am on the phone with Celebrity and they have advised that the $50 OBC is sailing specific and does not apply to your particular sailing.  You have the richest deal for that sailing date at this point. 

The  extra $50 black Friday deal was advertised on Thursday right on the website it did not say sailing specific. You should have received it.  

2 hours ago, Provence55always said:

I rang this morning and got an additional $100 added to each of my 3 cruises booked on board. 1st offer was $50 on each each but I declined and she came back 5 minutes later with the better offer👏👏

Nice. 

I saw this morning that Celebrity is now offering a $875 (yes eight hundred seventy five dollars) per cabin credit on our paid in full sailing in January.  I have three cabins.  Going to let our TA take a shot at it tomorrow.  This will be fun. 😤

So, unless I am wrong, it looks like there might be yet another offer on the table for increased OBC on select savings.

I must say, Celebrity is pretty sneaky with their pricing.

I priced out my exact cruise for next June with the Black Friday savings.  No surprise, they indicate a $200 discount for Black Friday, but the price hasn't changed.  

On top of that, in my favor, they are only offering $200 OBC whereas I have been able to obtain $250 in OBC between the original BF Sale and the extra $50 added this weekend.

1 hour ago, NJRonbo said:

I must say, Celebrity is pretty sneaky with their pricing.

I wouldn't call them sneaky.  They are just plain dumb. Imagine adding $400 in obc then raising the price to compensate for the obc then on top of that another $153 then lo and behold calling it a "no risk deposit".  A first grader can figure out the math. 

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I wouldn't call them sneaky.  They are just plain dumb. Imagine adding $400 in obc then raising the price to compensate for the obc then on top of that another $153 then lo and behold calling it a "no risk deposit".  A first grader can figure out the math. 

Yeah, the whole style of business Celebrity aligns itself with from its website is just plain dishonest.

...and for a luxury cruise line, it really puts a bad name on its brand.

First, there's this countdown clock warning prospective cruisers that they only have XX hours to book their trip before the sale price expires.  That damn clock has been ticking away for months on end.

Then, as you just laid it out there, they play games with their pricing to make it look like one is getting a deal but it ends up being a shell game of sorts adding one discount while increasing another price. 

Maybe I expected too much from Celebrity to be playing games like this.

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You have, for sure.

And I wouldn't go so far as to call them Luxury.  They are a mainstream line at best.  This so called Black Friday sale better end soon its getting pretty stale. 

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

Was a reason given?

The only reason they give is it doesn't qualify.  I feel sorry for these agents: they work hard for next to nothing in remuneration and put up will a lot of crap. Anytime I have phoned I get Mexico Guatemala or Jamaica. I don't think a USA agent exists any longer. 

There seemed to be some restrictions on the bonus OBC that weren't included in the T&C.   Of course nobody can articulate what they are as my 2 sailings from Southampton on Apex in 2024 were supposedly denied like @gerelmx was.   My TA asked for the T&C so I sent him the email which contained the full T&C so I suspect he is pushing it through the back channel.   Probably not worth it for $50 but it the principle.