Airline or cruise line check in when onboard

pmjnh

When onboard, does  HAL offer an airline  check in (or HAL  side by side cruise check in) online and boarding pass  or luggage tag (if for the next cruise)printing service?
If so, does the cost vary by ship?

Thank you

If in Ft Lauderdale, they offer Luggage Direct...think its $25pp. In Seattle, they offer Port Valet for free.

Just checking you in and printing your boarding pass? No. You can use the internet plans and there is printers in the "business office" or "internet cafe" areas on the ship. You need an internet plan.

The Neptune Lounge concierges will do it for you if you are in a Neptune Suite, for free.

• Like 1

As long as you check in online, you can print your boarding pass at the airport.  I've seen HAL offer mini internet pkgs. at the end of the cruise so passengers can confirm flights.

When sailing to and from the US I usually book with SW and purchase the Early Bird check-in.  That way I don't have to concern myself with it as the airline takes care of it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Roz said:

As long as you check in online, you can print your boarding pass at the airport.  I've seen HAL offer mini internet pkgs. at the end of the cruise so passengers can confirm flights.

When sailing to and from the US I usually book with SW and purchase the Early Bird check-in.  That way I don't have to concern myself with it as the airline takes care of it.

Yes, i will be getting the internet package for cruise #1 . My biggest concern was printing my luggage tags for the second cruise while still onboard the first cruise . Will they charge me to print the luggage tags and cruise boarding pass?

Checking in for our post cruise flight, , if i don't get the internet package for that cruise, I am keeping fingers crossed for enough cell service to check in online while in Half Moon Cay. I do have SW flight but their early bird check in is $25 a piece, which is crazy, but for piece of mind it might be worth it. I hate the middle seats !

Edited by pmjnh

@pmjnh, since the 2nd cruise is a HAL cruise, I would think the front desk could help you out and give you generic tags you could fill in by hand, or just get tags at the terminal before you board the 2nd cruise.  Is there something I'm missing?

7 minutes ago, Roz said:

@pmjnh, since the 2nd cruise is a HAL cruise, I would think the front desk could help you out and give you generic tags you could fill in by hand, or just get tags at the terminal before you board the 2nd cruise.  Is there something I'm missing?

No No, this is very helpful. We just have never done a side by side, so I was unfamiliar with that procedure..good point about the luggage tags. I didnt realize that it might be an option in  the terminal.

thank you

• Like 1

Glad to be of assistance.  People show up all the time without tags and they just fill them out before handing them over to the porters.  That includes passengers with guarantee cabins that aren't assigned until the last minute.

• Like 1

Honestly, our internet was so bad on our cruise that I couldn’t check in.  Had been upgraded and couldn’t even choose a seat.  Tried all night and day and I am talking 6 am.

thankfully I did have a Neptune Suite and got wheeled to the Neptune Lounge and asked my concierge to do it.  It’s my last Neptune Suite and the first time I have asked the concierge to do it.  I had a premium internet package but it did little good - Oosterdam transatlantic sailing.  But even when we approached Miami, it didn’t work.

Guest services/concierge have better internet than we do and if the internet is that abysmal there should be assistance - JMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pmjnh said:

No No, this is very helpful. We just have never done a side by side, so I was unfamiliar with that procedure..good point about the luggage tags. I didnt realize that it might be an option in  the terminal.

thank you

I just did a back to back cruise and printed both sets of luggage tags from home. I put the new tags on when we switched rooms. I have a tiny travel stapler that I always bring with me. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kazu said:

Honestly, our internet was so bad on our cruise that I couldn’t check in.  Had been upgraded and couldn’t even choose a seat.  Tried all night and day and I am talking 6 am.

thankfully I did have a Neptune Suite and got wheeled to the Neptune Lounge and asked my concierge to do it.  It’s my last Neptune Suite and the first time I have asked the concierge to do it.  I had a premium internet package but it did little good - Oosterdam transatlantic sailing.  But even when we approached Miami, it didn’t work.

Guest services/concierge have better internet than we do and if the internet is that abysmal there should be assistance - JMO.

I also had terrible internet on my cruise. I ended up signing in to the computers in the Crows Nest on Koningsdam to check in that way. The internet up there was much better than what I was getting on my phone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

We leave home 23 days before the second cruise. That might be iffy, no?

I think we had our luggage tags at that point but not our boarding passes. Those came closer to the cruise. But you don’t need the boarding pass for the second cruise if you’re on the same ship. 

Just now, Andi Land said:

I think we had our luggage tags at that point but not our boarding passes. Those came closer to the cruise. But you don’t need the boarding pass for the second cruise if you’re on the same ship. 

Ahh.. no, same line, different ship

12 minutes ago, pmjnh said:

We leave home 23 days before the second cruise. That might be iffy, no?

Your luggage tags should be ready to print several months ahead of the cruise. Not the boarding pass, but the luggage tags are available pretty early. I just went and looked at a cruise I have for May and I can print the tags.

Oh, also... you don't have to print out the boarding pass for the cruise. I fill out the info online or on my phone and you should be able to save a copy of the page with the barcodes and stuff on your phone or tablet. I usually take a picture of it it in case the wifi isn't great.

2 hours ago, pmjnh said:

Yes, i will be getting the internet package for cruise #1 . My biggest concern was printing my luggage tags for the second cruise while still onboard the first cruise . Will they charge me to print the luggage tags and cruise boarding pass?

Checking in for our post cruise flight, , if i don't get the internet package for that cruise, I am keeping fingers crossed for enough cell service to check in online while in Half Moon Cay. I do have SW flight but their early bird check in is $25 a piece, which is crazy, but for piece of mind it might be worth it. I hate the middle seats !

When I fly SW, I book my outbound flights from home EXAXTLY 24 hours prior.  For the return I purchase the EarlyBird for $15-25 (varies by route now) as its not worth the hassle of trying to do it either onboard or even while onland.

3 hours ago, pmjnh said:

There is enough cell service on Half Moon Cay to check in for your flight.  We did it last  Saturday for our Sunday flight out of FLL.

• Like 1