Did you see the Donna Summer show on the Prima

Beer Belly

If you were Disco then you have to see it.  But there were so many songs that I forgot/never knew she sang, that it was good hearing them again. One of the people in my group had never heard of her and he was pleasantly surprised. All 3 leads are very good (one from American Idol). Was it my favorite NCL show ever?  No but it was defiantly a very enjoyable show.

• Like 1

Definitely worth seeing on Prima! Saw it September on Prima’s “not so inaugural “ cruise (ie 1st with paying pax) and it was great. As mentioned, 3 women played Donna at different ages -as a child, in her 20s, and as a mature & successful woman. Excellent all around. Learned a lot about her history as well as her music. Sign up early!!

Also come prepared to disco 🕺- they turn the theater into a dance club after the last performance of the day. ( think high school gym bleachers but nicer)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

I grew up in that era, Boss Lady did also, I was Disco & Motown, Boss Lady Southern Rock and Heavy Rock. For those who have seen it, rate it 1-10, 10 being "must see". If performance is good, we'll probably go.

It is not a tribute show. It is the life story of Donna Summer from a 12 year old church singer to pop star. She had a hard life with people who took advantage of her and abused her. So,,, some of the story is kinda sad. The music was o.k., matching her life,  so some was not recognizable. 

Even if the performance was bad, we would still go (like to all of the production shows we have seen over several decades of cruising - the no funny comedian followed by the no so good magician to the ventriloquist whose lips keep moving). We enjoy all of the entertainment on the ship (some really good,,, some not so good). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

Definitely worth seeing on Prima! Saw it September on Prima’s “not so inaugural “ cruise (ie 1st with paying pax) and it was great. As mentioned, 3 women played Donna at different ages -as a child, in her 20s, and as a mature & successful woman. Excellent all around. Learned a lot about her history as well as her music. Sign up early!!

Also come prepared to disco 🕺- they turn the theater into a dance club after the last performance of the day. ( think high school gym bleachers but nicer)

Totally agree. The 3 Donnas had terrific voices. I'm returning to the PRIMA and will see it again.

• Like 1

I definitely would rate it very close to ten! A couple parts felt a little long, but the music and voices were incredibly good. It is a must see especially for some one who grew up in that era. I knew all the songs, but never knew her history, and I found that to be very interesting. All three Donna's when we saw it were great. We saw the show on the Prima trip that left NYC on Oct. 10, 2022. Kimberly Locke played the older Donna and also told the story. We had gone to the late show on the night that, after the show, they convert the theater over into Studio 54 for a big dance party. So fun!

• Like 1