Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Welcome to the party, SenatorsFan... I probably won't be making it there, as I have a few "really special" things planned, but anything is possible. I've been trying to figure out how many "new to me" places I can hit...

Will be following those spots you hit closely 😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I've been eating these like M&Ms for the past couple of days, hoping that the "circular firing squad" of sick people don't infect me...

PXL_20221130_160825235.jpg

Here's hoping that the dose of Japanese catnip in these will work for you.😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I always purchase my flights and hotel months in advance, so I got that out of the way early in 2022. This may have turned out to be a terrible idea, as the war in Ukraine was in full swing, and fuel prices were at all time highs. My Delta flight ended up costing a hundred bucks MORE than I’ve ever paid for a comparable flight, but either way, my transportation was secured. I also booked one of my “usual” Miami hotels, the InterContinental downtown, which puts me in close proximity to the port, as well as a stones throw from the free Metro Mover… The Metrorail will take me directly from MIA to downtown, and a train change at Government Center will put me within sight of my hotel. 

img_1_1669493615666.jpg

As part of the 428 pages in the other thread, I know you have stayed at the Hampton Inn in the Brickell area.  I, too, stayed there, before our cruise on the Glory in 2018. 

I'm following this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I’m so glad that the Celebration sails out of Miami, my all time favorite embarkation port!...  The great beaches, the art, and the diverse dining scene, oh my! It’s the perfect place to kick off a vacation.

I LOVED the Mardi Gras, but I seriously dislike cruising from Port Canaveral. No great restaurants, and nothing else to really to do at all. I feel completely “out of my element” there… I’m a “city boy”... If this were Deliverance, I would have been one of the guys in the canoe. Maybe not Burt Renoylds, but a solid John Voight. (or at least Ned Beatty…)

I believe that one of the reasons my Mardi Gras cruise didn’t actually live up to my expectations WAS due in part to sailing out of Port Canaveral. The hour plus shuttle ride from the airport… The positively spartan conditions at Raddison’s Resort at the Port… And the lack of decent dining or drinking establishments once I was on the ground and ready to “paint the town”... Hopefully, being back in the Magic City will give me the energy boost I require to propel my long awaited vacation into the stratosphere!...

img_1_1668632574055.jpg

I remember that seemed to make you seem a bit down when I saw you on board.  We like PC because we can drive down and avoid the MCO stuff.  Miami is almost a bridge too far.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sadebud said:

Yay...I caught a Sid review on page 2 for once!  I live in the metro Miami area and I always look forward to seeing the Magic City through your eyes (and get tips on new places to eat!).  Have a great cruise @sid_9169

You're in luck, as I'll be checking out a few new spots this time... Hint : one of them just received a Michelin star in Florida's new guide!

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I remember that seemed to make you seem a bit down when I saw you on board.  We like PC because we can drive down and avoid the MCO stuff.  Miami is almost a bridge too far.

Yes, I remember meeting you on board at Rudi's Sea Grill... Thanks for reading:)

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Last night, just by chance, I ended up catching my all time favorite Christmas show on television: Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer... I suppose that I've seen it about 53 times now, but it's still great after all these years.

PXL_20221130_012147622.thumb.jpg.a7f2a6ef3f8252aff319a7118ee4ddf7.jpg

PXL_20221130_013329307.thumb.jpg.e07b4759f32d618d2cb1475587ea939e.jpg

PXL_20221130_013304955.jpg

Mine too!  It premiered in 1964 so I guess I've seen it 58 times.  Damn, I'm old.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!... 

Seven short blasts followed by one long blast means that it’s time to grab your life jacket and make your way as quickly as possible to your assigned muster station, AKA: your laptop computer or mobile device… There’s no time to grab any of your luxury items, as this is an extreme emergency!... I hope you still have some of your “smuggled on board” contraband leftover, so you may want to pour yourself a tall strong drink before the ship goes down… 

Of course, the ship that I speak of is the brand new Carnival Celebration, and with a bit of luck, I won’t be “going down with the ship” this coming week. But, just in case there’s an iceberg out there in the middle of the sunny Eastern Caribbean, I invite all of you to assist me in eating and drinking everything on board before she sinks to the bottom of the ocean… (*** If this had been an actual emergency, you would have been instructed on how to don your life jacket and led to your designated lifeboat…)

img_1_1669494166836.jpg

Yay! I'm excited. My first cruise when I graduated from high school was the "old" Celebration

• Like 1