Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

11 minutes ago, atanac said:

You know how aging rock stars announce their final retirements tours and then...😉

Yes, it seems like we've been down this road before, but I really think it may be time... This and the Prima review coming up in February may be my last. 

• Haha 1

My mom is packing up to move, and asked if I wanted these old relics from my grandad's days with Delta as a Captain back in the sixties, seventies, and early eighty's... These are some old original airplane liquor bottles made long before the plastic ones of today. Some of the contents have somehow evaporated over the decades, but they're still cool. If it hadn't been for him taking a job with Delta after World War II, I would have probably been born in Iowa...

PXL_20221130_215655805.jpg

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, BohJang said:

I'm so looking forward to this review. We are gonna have a good time

Just now, Shaded Lady said:

Shaded Lady, here, reporting for duty sir!

Looks like almost everyone is here for the party now!

• Like 6

Sorry for the little hiatus there... Just enjoying some dinner and drinks with some of my very small circle of friends... The place we usually head to on Wednesday and most Fridays is Taqueria Del Sol on Cheshire Bridge Rd, and it's a little hidden secret that I almost don't even want to let out there. 

They have about six or seven locations around the metro area, but this is the only one featuring "Bill the bartender"... He's one of those old school guys, and he doesn't use a measuring device when he makes the margaritas. He just measures "with love", and maybe a little bit of magic... Their Skinny Margarita is simple: just Herradura silver, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, and just a splash of sour mix... BUT, you have to get the drink only from Bill, others you risk an unbalanced mix... Anyhoo, drinks were ordered, and chips and salsa arrived, along with some cheese dip. They have a rotating menu of three specials, and then the regular menu items. I always just get the "special taco" and "the chef's"... The other special is called "the seafood", but I almost always get the chef's.

Tonight the taco was called the sloppy Jose, and had seasoned ground beef, cheese, and bits of chicharrones... Basically a sloppy joe but on a tortilla. Also, a thing of magic...

PXL_20221130_232654410.jpg

• Like 16

Oh, I almost forgot to add the picture of the margarita... (There was more than one, but I only photographed this one... The owners boyfriend thinks it's weird when I take pictures of drinks and he was paying, so...) 

PXL_20221130_232720125.jpg

• Like 16

And, the chef's... Fried chicken cutlets on a bed of mashed potatoes with Southern gravy... No, it doesn't sound at all like tex-mex, but it works... The head chef there fancy's himself a "sauce master", and the gravy on top of those mashed potatoes is Heaven on a plate... If there was a puddle of this stuff on the ground, I would lick it up until it was gone...

PXL_20221130_232700796.jpg

• Like 18

So, now I'm back home again. Survivor is on, but I'm doing some other stuff right now too. I whipped out my big bottle of Don Julio Reposado from the freezer and poured a big shot... Two more days of work until my real vacation begins, but I guess that I've started already...

PXL_20221201_005647191.jpg

• Like 16