Dress Code and Theming for 2023 Sailings

Starstruckharper

Per discussion in one of the other threads, Cunard has started to announce the dates/themes of gala nights for cruises in spring/summer 2023. If you're curious about yours and someone hasn't replied to this list, you should be able to find the details on your "My cunard" page at this time. How dreadfully exciting!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

What is "Ice White"?

That is one of the gala nights on a cruise I booked.

The other is "masquerade" however Cunard's website explains what that is.

Cunard introduced the "Ice White" theme for QE's Alaska itineraries. Here is the suggested attire for the "Ice White" theme.

"Formal Wear
Gentlemen – White Tie
Ladies – Evening Gown
Appropriate white, silver, blue gowns and accessories"

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Cunard introduced the "Ice White" theme for QE's Alaska itineraries. Here is the suggested attire for the "Ice White" theme.

"Formal Wear
Gentlemen – White Tie
Ladies – Evening Gown

White tie when black is pushing the envelope for some?

They must be kidding.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bluemarble said:

"Formal Wear
Gentlemen – White Tie
Ladies – Evening Gown

For some ridiculous reason, I read evening gown as evening crown. My immediate thought was the Cunard were certainly tightening the dress code, if they expected passengers to have crowns, not even tiaras, for both evening and day wear.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I have started a new thread to collect and document the "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2023". Please post what you are seeing for the dates and themes of the gala evenings for your 2023 voyages on that other thread found here.

Thank you for putting that thread together. I'm excited to see we get to experience different evenings (Black & White, Masquerade) on our next sailing than we enjoyed on our last sailing (Red & Gold, Roaring 20's)! Fun!

Since we must fly to cruise Cunard, and have just purchased a black tux I can’t imagine buying a white jacket and packing it in additionally. We are already at 4 large pieces of luggage for a 16 day trip. @lissie I know you can do it in much much less. I can’t in cold weather.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

I always thought "white tie" meant white tie and tails. I have a very old tail-coat I can still fit into, but I would have to get a new piqué waistcoat.

It does. Hence my amusement at the listing for a Cunard Gala evening.

• Like 1

I have had a gown for the Alaska "Ice White" Gala Evening since I booked Cunard in Alaska for 2020! (Obviously that voyage never happened)

The evening gown has been sitting in my closet ever since- Now I will wear it for Cunard's 2023 Alaska!

Mine is silvery with a bit blue... not quite magnificent glacial blue... but quite icy! ❄️

• Like 4