Elite Drinks

baldilocks

5 hours ago, sdnich said:

I’m also curious if we can go to the martini bar to get our happy hour cocktails between 5-7 ?? I know on the edge they are more expensive?

That is an excellent question.  If I remember correctly the standard martini glasses at the Martini Bar are larger than the ones at the other bars, or at least that was our experience.  So I would be surprised if you could not get the Apple Martini shown on the Elite Happy Hour drink list at the Martini Bar but in a smaller glass.  Maybe someone who is Elite / Elite + sailing now could let us know. 

49 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That is an excellent question.  If I remember correctly the standard martini glasses at the Martini Bar are larger than the ones at the other bars, or at least that was our experience.  So I would be surprised if you could not get the Apple Martini shown on the Elite Happy Hour drink list at the Martini Bar but in a smaller glass.  Maybe someone who is Elite / Elite + sailing now could let us know. 

Yes they will serve Elite guests during HH at the martini bar. They come in smaller glasses but then you ask for another martini. I've even been served Aperol spritzers although that is not the norm. Some bartenders will some won't. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

During Happy Hour can you get a coffee from Bacio as an Elite drink ? 

No.  But we do buy an non-Alcoholic Classic package for both of us because we love hanging out at Cafe Al Bacio most of the day when we are not doing something else.

• 7 months later...
24 minutes ago, dianef said:

I guess you can get a couple of extra cans to take to your room or drink on deck .

We were able to stock up on water and soda to use throughout the day. Though mostly water since we don't really drink alcoholic drinks and minimize our consumption of sugary drinks. We even asked a few times for beer to be unopened to bring back to the room. So my experience is water, soda and beer is possible.

• Like 1

ELITE - free drinks 5-7 every day except embarkation.

For those of you who don't have the beverage pkg (it was given to us by our TA) here's an idea:

You are allowed a bottle of wine each pax, we bring 1.5L each w/o any problem in our carry on.

We also bring a plastic carafe; pour 1/3 wine, 1/3 cranberry and 1/3 orange or grapefruit, add fruit. You can also add some brandy, and viola - Sangria! Stretching out your wine and making it delicious. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2022 at 9:04 AM, the penguins said:

When doing the math also allow for the other Elite benefits:

1) internet 90 minutes free each. You can use the minutes whenever you like. (Elite+ get 240 minutes each). A good tip is to share the first 90 and see how you get on. Then for the second 90 you still have the choice of using it as minutes or as a discount on a package by which time there might be a special for the remainder of the cruise. If you prepare all messages "offline" then log on, push send, log off, then read downloaded incoming messages you will be surprised at how long the 90 minutes last. We have never used our 90 x 2 minutes. 

2) the Elite breakfast also includes mimosas, bloody Mary's and sparkling wine + speciality coffees.

3) the Elite drinks also includes bottled (actually canned now) water and you can get enough to take you through the next day.

Do you just ask for like 4 bottles of water at 6:55pm? Also what size are the bottles. I drink tons of water in the middle of the night, prob due to all the salty stuff I eat during the day. I can go thru my 40 oz hydroflask at home and sleep drink it empty during the night. 

Last question, does the mini fridge in the rooms only keep already cold items cool, or will it make room temp stuff cold.

6 hours ago, whataboutport said:

Do you just ask for like 4 bottles of water at 6:55pm? Also what size are the bottles. I drink tons of water in the middle of the night, prob due to all the salty stuff I eat during the day. I can go thru my 40 oz hydroflask at home and sleep drink it empty during the night. 

Last question, does the mini fridge in the rooms only keep already cold items cool, or will it make room temp stuff cold.

Mini fridge works for us - we have it emptied of all the "mini bar" drinks 

The bottles are the small "hand held size and yes you can ask for several - we collect ours from Al Bacio but nothing to stop you picking up a few at different bars.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Mini fridge works for us - we have it emptied of all the "mini bar" drinks 

The bottles are the small "hand held size and yes you can ask for several - we collect ours from Al Bacio but nothing to stop you picking up a few at different bars.

They are getting tight. Some bars only give 1 at a time. Insist and say it's for medication. They won't refuse. 

When we sailed on Summit in May to Bermuda, Martini Bar was not available for Elite Happy Hour between 5-7 PM.  That was one we always went to so we were disappointed.  We sail on Apex in December; can anyone tell me if the Martini Bar and Eden Bar offer drinks for the HH?

Martini Bar(although this bar on Apex and Edge is not as good as on other ships-fun wise) is our favorite place for HH but can make what is offered work for sure.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, dazey said:

When we sailed on Summit in May to Bermuda, Martini Bar was not available for Elite Happy Hour between 5-7 PM.  That was one we always went to so we were disappointed.  We sail on Apex in December; can anyone tell me if the Martini Bar and Eden Bar offer drinks for the HH?

Martini Bar(although this bar on Apex and Edge is not as good as on other ships-fun wise) is our favorite place for HH but can make what is offered work for sure.

Yes. HH drinks always available at both