Just back from a TA on the Marina, Bcn to Mia.

jonthomas

On 4/15/2023 at 11:10 AM, takemewithyou said:

When is the refit scheduled for Marina?

I had read 11/23.  Above says 4/24 but is that in reference to Marina or Sirena?

I don't know but there are no cruises available for Marina May 2024.

• Thanks 1

Nothing official yet that I have seen from Oceania. Lots of folks are guessing and trying to make educated guesses. Try your TA or other contacts but I am sure when it is officially released, the CC crowd will be “in the know”. There are plenty of connected posters on this Board. 

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Nothing official yet that I have seen from Oceania. Lots of folks are guessing and trying to make educated guesses. Try your TA or other contacts but I am sure when it is officially released, the CC crowd will be “in the know”. There are plenty of connected posters on this Board. 

Mauibabes

We sail on Marina TA 11/20/23 which is why I was wondering.  One of the dates I had seen for refit was mid NOV, prior to the TA.  Then I saw 4/24.  I will keep checking on O board for updates.  Thx.

10 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

We sail on Marina TA 11/20/23 which is why I was wondering.  One of the dates I had seen for refit was mid NOV, prior to the TA.  Then I saw 4/24.  I will keep checking on O board for updates.  Thx.

I wouldn't expect it before 4/24, Marina is in South America for the first three months of 2024. I'm booked on one of the Antarctica cruises in that timeframe.  Will it be after 4/24?  No one who really knows is saying and no one who is saying will really know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, shepherd really said:

I wouldn't expect it before 4/24, Marina is in South America for the first three months of 2024. I'm booked on one of the Antarctica cruises in that timeframe.  Will it be after 4/24?  No one who really knows is saying and no one who is saying will really know.

I'm curious as to what experiences O regulars might have had just prior to a dry docking on other ships.  Obviously many would prefer to be on an early sailing right after refurbishment but what should I reasonably expect if I'm on the last cruise before?  We're booked in the So. America 51 day on Marina that docks in Miami on April 4th. Marina would have been bopping around So. America all winter before. There are no other cruises showing on her out of Miami immediately following. Its not a stretch to assume she will "have some work done" at that time.  My questions refer more to shortages on board if restocking could be  minimized. Will we be cleaning out to pantries and freezers and will all the booze be gone?  We're not getting a discount, for certain, so I expect the usual experience. This will only be our second O cruse. First was 32 day in January on Nautica and there were definitely issues with supplies even then, right after refurbishment. And what about crew in the final sailing?  Everyone headed home from Miami all at once or do they sail with her to wherever the work will be done?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

I'm curious as to what experiences O regulars might have had just prior to a dry docking on other ships.  Obviously many would prefer to be on an early sailing right after refurbishment but what should I reasonably expect if I'm on the last cruise before?  We're booked in the So. America 51 day on Marina that docks in Miami on April 4th. Marina would have been bopping around So. America all winter before. There are no other cruises showing on her out of Miami immediately following. Its not a stretch to assume she will "have some work done" at that time.  My questions refer more to shortages on board if restocking could be  minimized. Will we be cleaning out to pantries and freezers and will all the booze be gone?  We're not getting a discount, for certain, so I expect the usual experience. This will only be our second O cruse. First was 32 day in January on Nautica and there were definitely issues with supplies even then, right after refurbishment. And what about crew in the final sailing?  Everyone headed home from Miami all at once or do they sail with her to wherever the work will be done?  

Those are all excellent questions and since I'm also getting on in Santiago on February 14th I'd like to know as well.  

Edited by shepherd really

I must make a correction of my own misstatement.  I admit I originally checked Marina's schedule a few weeks ago and didn't see sailings out of Miami in April, but that made no sense to me since I doubted rework would be done there and why waste TA with no passengers so I checked again and now she leaves Miami and heads to Europe docking in Venice late April '24. No sailings offered until June so maybe we won't be stuck with the skunked wine and remnants from the pantry 😄 of course, I realize that changes and cancellation s are always possible.

2 hours ago, Sebbiesgrammy said:

I must make a correction of my own misstatement.  I admit I originally checked Marina's schedule a few weeks ago and didn't see sailings out of Miami in April, but that made no sense to me since I doubted rework would be done there and why waste TA with no passengers so I checked again and now she leaves Miami and heads to Europe docking in Venice late April '24. No sailings offered until June so maybe we won't be stuck with the skunked wine and remnants from the pantry 😄 of course, I realize that changes and cancellation s are always possible.

They usually do the refits in Italy  (not always)  & somewhere someone posted it was scheduled in for the shipyard in Genoa  Italy

Maybe someone who was on Riviera will comment if their  were  fed scraps from the pantry before she headed into dry dock

This year  it seems all lines  were having supply issues, shortages  of food & staff

5 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Those are all excellent questions and since I'm also getting on in Santiago on February 14th I'd like to know as well.  

I'll wave to you as we're getting off. 

• Like 1