Improvements to Riviera

Robjame

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

There is a foot rail installed in those beautiful walk-in showers. The decision about no seats was probably a safety issue.

A seat would be safer   when trying to shave your legs  😉

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

A seat would be safer   when trying to shave your legs  😉

But then you lose eligibility for the 'hairy legs contest'! 😉  Oh wait, that's a different part of the NCL group!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Does the vertical handrail strategically located close to the foot rail plus the two toiletries racks under the shower change the opinion? Just asking……

I'm as genetically distanced from this discussion as you are, but I think of it this way:  if I wanted to cut my toenails in the shower, would a foot rail work?–no.  Would a seat?–yes, it would give me a stable ledge for my foot and bring the 'work area' into good light.  I think it would be the same for shaving legs.

What good would a foot rail be in a shower?  Only if the Butler brought me a cold one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

Sadly, no.

‘There are plenty of pictures and videos on other forums but CC policies prohibit mentioning them or posting links.

Kind of wonder why no one is posting them here. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ORV said:

The lack of pics here IS very odd. 

I’ll make up for it when I am on. you may have to turn things upside down though.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I belong to other Oceania forums. Some people are quite open that they left CC and why.  It is seen as quite a tough crowd. Without question people on these other forums are more accepting.

‘Others are active only on CC’s roll calls and there would be little use of posting pics there. 

38 minutes ago, Robjame said:

... It is seen as quite a tough crowd....

Memories of the late great Rodney Dangerfield!

Though I don't do reddit my wife does and for "tough" they seem like a constant anarchic civil war. She loves to read me some of the more comical and incendiary posts. A reddit for anything and everything. I will say this for CC generally, if you want an answer to something, the level of knowledge here is quite impressive. But, yes, they don't suffer fools kindly.

• Haha 1

@Robjame

I do believe those on CC are more tolerant and informative than the other venues.  Oceania forums are ok but others, not so much!

Not happy that since the pandemic the roll calls are not what they used to be.  When we cruised the Mediterranean with Princess - very active roll call - lots of tour sharing - same with X that got canceled.  We still vacation with 3 couples from the Med. 😉

This is our first time cruising Oceania (Riviera Sept 2023) - very slow roll call.  Received very good information with how O Life works, ship and excursion/activities (from CC) and my TA (yes she included all the info I needed).  I found the key is to read, read, read and to search - many do not.  As I go along I take notes that I keep on an online trip planner.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tyskie said:

very slow roll call

Agree completely - because of our b2b2b2b we are on 4 different roll calls and all are very slow.

My point is that there is no sense in posting pics on a roll call as everyone there is on the ship with you. Some people only post on roll calls and not the ship forums on CC.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tyskie said:

Oceania forums are ok but others, not so much!

Yup. We are Canadian but would never go to the Canadian forum of CC. It appears to be run by 2 or 3 guys who decide the direction of any particular thread and insert their politics.

Certainly hope that the roll call avoidance is a temporary thing.

Here's my take on the roll call problem:  after Covid when people came back to cruising they tended to have lots of OBC to use [Azamara was giving $1,000 OBC per cabin instead of discounts for months on end] plus many felt that ship tours were a safer bet given the possibility of cancelling the cruise or the itinerary changing at the last minute [that happened to us in January 2022 on Riviera].  

If you plan to social distance onboard, you don't need to meet people on the roll call before the cruise; and if you plan to take ship excursions (or stay on the ship) you don't need to learn about sights and private tours.  So there was just very little to talk about on a roll call.

Now that all the FCCs have been used up and cruise lines are not so free with the OBC, and people have decided either to stop cruising or to stop worrying about Covid – my hope is that CC roll calls will go back to how they were.

BTW, remember that you can use CC moderation to keep roll calls and other threads tolerant and informative:  use the Report feature for any posts that disrupt the community.  All hosts see all Reports, and while it may take time patterns of bad behavior do become obvious (and are dealt with).

• Like 3

One of the things we forget after awhile is how ponderous it is to use selection features on CC.

‘Roll Call:

- Find the roll call button

- Choose the cruise line

- Choose the ship

- choose the month

- go through the selections to find the roll call

- navigate to the last post

With that “social media never to be named”  - choose the group - read most recent posts. I am sure sheer volume is a factor.

As for CC moderation - it is not allowed to be discussed so we’ll pass on that one.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Robjame said:

One of the things we forget after awhile is how ponderous it is to use selection features on CC.

‘Roll Call:

- Find the roll call button

- Choose the cruise line

- Choose the ship

- choose the month

- go through the selections to find the roll call

- navigate to the last post

You left out the final step, which makes all the others unnecessary every time after that:

- make a bookmark of the roll call

Also, 'follow' the roll call so you get a notification for each new post (or once a day/week – lots of options)

• Like 2