Majestic Hollywood Pool Club- why are kids here?

Maxsnz

is the Hollywood Pool presented as an adults only area? When I sailed the Majestic in Alaska there were several families there. I loved watching the kids play with the various musical instruments in the conservatory area too. Kids at play are a simple pleasure. 

• Like 2

Recently on Majestic and Hollywood pool full of very active, very vocal children. We were in Tasmania at the time and thought it was because the weather was very cold and other pools not suitable for use (similar to Alaska cruises where families with children can use the indoor adults only pools).

It didn't really bother us as the over-powering chlorine smell was far more off-putting than the noisy children.

17 minutes ago, Chad_O said:

is the Hollywood Pool presented as an adults only area? When I sailed the Majestic in Alaska there were several families there. I loved watching the kids play with the various musical instruments in the conservatory area too. Kids at play are a simple pleasure. 

Yeah, it was when we booked, along with the Conservatory... We are certainly not in cold weather in the South Pacific!

During the Mexican and California coastal cruises the Hollywood pool was adults only.

May not be the same for cruises out of Australia.

5 hours ago, justafem said:

And that's why I won't take a disney cruise!  

Yes.  That and the fact that Disney has prices their cruises out of my budget.  And I wouldn't support Disney if it was free, but that's another topic altogether.

• Like 3

Just now, Maxsnz said:

Guest services staff all confirming that Hollywood areas no longer adults only, and haven't been on last few cruises on Majestic...

Did they say if that was a permanent change or only for the cruises out of Australia? Are they making similar changes at the Royal class retreat pools as well.

4 hours ago, ldtr said:

Did they say if that was a permanent change or only for the cruises out of Australia? Are they making similar changes at the Royal class retreat pools as well.

It sounded like a permanent change out of Australia but tbh it was hard to get much out of them... For this ship yet alone others sorry! We won't be choosing Princess again if no adults only areas. Cheaper cruise lines offer them, it's bizarre 

8 hours ago, ldtr said:

If this is so, it would be our last Princess cruise. 🤨

On 12/9/2022 at 3:14 AM, justafem said:

And that's why I won't take a disney cruise!  

Disney has adults only pools, restaurant seatings and entertainment!!!!!! We did a Disney cruise and rarely saw any kids! In fact, there was a couple we thought was childless also because they were always at the adults only venues.....saw them at the Orlando airport with FOUR little ones in tow! I would cruise Disney ANY time over Princess but they are more expensive.

Found out more information. Apparently when a cruise has "lots of children" the adults only areas will open up to kids. Seems completely the opposite of what it should be.. more need for an adults only area in that situation.

• Like 3

Indeed, it seems like they are the Hard Rock Hotels of cruises - heavy on the partying, sex toys in the minibar etc. And limited routes. If Princess just stuck to enforcing what they advertise and offer an area like any other cruise line...

5 hours ago, Maxsnz said:

Found out more information. Apparently when a cruise has "lots of children" the adults only areas will open up to kids. Seems completely the opposite of what it should be.. more need for an adults only area in that situation.

It makes me wonder if that idea will be spreading to the other ships as well.