Celebration - Chibang and Cucina del Capitan

CathyK2

We have first seating dining, but someone had said if you have the assigned seating, if you want to go to the above two restaurant, you can't get in the virtual line on the app until after 7:45 pm.  We tend to eat earlier and wonder if anyone else can vouch for if indeed this is a rule.

On the Mardi Gras a couple months ago the app wouldn’t let us reserve a table until after 7:45pm because we had assigned seating in the MDR. So we decided to personally go to Chibang to get in line for a table. There was a long line and we were told to use the app to get in line virtually. I told the woman our situation and she said it was only through the app during busy dinner time hours and we would have to come back later. So we went to Emeril’s which was first come first serve and had one of the best cruise ship meals ever. They’re not free but they’re super cheap. Huge appetizers and shareable desserts were only $4. Several dinners were only $5. It became our favorite Carnival restaurant by a large margin. 

33 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I'm in a pickle of not knowing what to do for our next cruise. We likely want to go to Cucina, maybe a Chibang. We vastly prefer early dining, don't care for YTD, and I hate eating dinner at 9 PM. Hmmm.

You're creating your own issues. Best solution is to take YTD, eat early, and eat early at Cucina and Chibang. 

• Like 3

We love YTD.  Like being able to choose when we want to eat.  Super grateful that we have a couple of other included or semi included options for this cruise. I think it will be needed considering how many passengers are on board. Looking forward to trying Emeril's. 

Thank you for the info.  I haven't cruised Carnival in a LONG LONG time and certainly not the bigger ships.  Been big on Celebrity, Holland America, and Princess which don't have loads and loads of alternative dining.  Now I guess we ponder if we want to get rid of the first seating that someone in our group finally was able to get us, or else head back to Anytime dining which is where we were originally anyway.  Again, thanks for the hea

13 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

On the Mardi Gras a couple months ago the app wouldn’t let us reserve a table until after 7:45pm because we had assigned seating in the MDR. So we decided to personally go to Chibang to get in line for a table. There was a long line and we were told to use the app to get in line virtually. I told the woman our situation and she said it was only through the app during busy dinner time hours and we would have to come back later. So we went to Emeril’s which was first come first serve and had one of the best cruise ship meals ever. They’re not free but they’re super cheap. Huge appetizers and shareable desserts were only $4. Several dinners were only $5. It became our favorite Carnival restaurant by a large margin. 

Yes, we definitely will be going to Emeril's and I saw that they didn't need reservations, so wasn't worried about that one.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  Will give me something to ponder.  

Do any of you know if it is possible to start in our assigned seating and if it just isn't working out, to swap to anytime mid cruise?  We have always liked having the same table, same waiter, and it just makes it easy since it is how cruising was in the "olden days".   🙂  But we also have never tried this Carnival set up and maybe once on board, we may have a change of heart.  Comments?

1 hour ago, CathyK2 said:

Do any of you know if it is possible to start in our assigned seating and if it just isn't working out, to swap to anytime mid cruise?  We have always liked having the same table, same waiter, and it just makes it easy since it is how cruising was in the "olden days".   🙂  But we also have never tried this Carnival set up and maybe once on board, we may have a change of heart.  Comments?

No, you can't change back and forth. 

Guy's Pig and Anchor Barbeque is also a no extra charge option for the evening meal on Celebration.  You cannot reserve this on the app.  You walk up to the hostess station and the hostess seats you at an available table.  Never saw the line very long on the Celebration TA.

14 hours ago, CathyK2 said:

Yes, if space is available.