Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

2 hours ago, dides said:

In this journal de montreal article it mentions that 30 members of the Cirque Eloize team will board Sun Princess on the weekend of 10th February to begin six to eight weeks of integration.

This confirms that the Cirque Eloize productions won't be ready for the first few cruises either.

This is a brief article about Spellbound, but it doesn’t have much about what will be found onboard.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/magic-castle-spellbound-sun-princess

I guess I don’t understand the thinking about not having several shows and venues ready to go and be showcased on the first cruise.  People are excited and want to show off everything that is new on a new ship.  Instead, some of the early reviews will just say “We would have liked to see (fill in the blank), but it was not ready.  At least my sailing is far enough away that everything should be operational. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

This is so exciting! Hopefully everything will be working smoothly for the 10th of August sailing 💃

Ohhh I'm also going on that boat on August 10. When I get off in Athens. I will take a plane to spend 5 days in Istanbul. I think it's a good way to not get off the boat crying.  Viva Jeré  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This is a brief article about Spellbound, but it doesn’t have much about what will be found onboard.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/magic-castle-spellbound-sun-princess

Thanks for the additional info - it does look as though it's a specific entertainment event in 2 hour slots at 5pm, 7pm and 9pm with some fancy drinks. Some had bundled it into  a dining experience which puzzled me as I never saw any food in the mockups!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chusquer Xerez said:

Ohhh I'm also going on that boat on August 10. When I get off in Athens. I will take a plane to spend 5 days in Istanbul. I think it's a good way to not get off the boat crying.  Viva Jeré  

Nice! I’ll be staying on the boat until Barcelona 😊  Que me pilla cerquita de casa jajaja

Edited by Pixelskaya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chusquer Xerez said:

We board on the 10th too and stay on for 14 nights 🙂

• Like 2

Cruisedoctor,  I think you are on the right track with your post about The Catch and Butcher's Block.

That area would be good for putting up the banners/decor for these two pop-ups and not be right in the thick of the Buffet.   That seems to be the way they have done Planks BBQ.

If there are any who are able to book dining for an upcoming cruise,  I wonder when it shows these to be offered?

I am not thinking that there will be two areas, one for each pop-up.....

I do not think that they will have both of these available on the same nights.

I think it will be one of these areas, alternating.

We have never tried Rudi's...  but it always get rave reviews.  That is def. on our agenda!

If it is true that we can get Butcher's Block steak in Crown Grill, I think we would book CG...  That just seems to 'fit' for us.  I am not sure we need the entire Butcher's Block experience, and additional uncharge.

Like everyone else here... We are so excited to be boarding the new Sun Princess!

• Like 1

Sailing in May but not been with Princess before - just downloaded the App to start looking at Dining Options - can't book yet but strange comment on Dining Rm Dk 7 that "all food and beverages ... are subject to 18% service charge" 

I can understand on beverages but on food ? How does this work in a MDR ?

1 hour ago, petez said:

Sailing in May but not been with Princess before - just downloaded the App to start looking at Dining Options - can't book yet but strange comment on Dining Rm Dk 7 that "all food and beverages ... are subject to 18% service charge" 

I can understand on beverages but on food ? How does this work in a MDR ?

There are items that cost extra if you want to pay for them, but I agree this wording is odd.  And it's not listed in the description for Deck 6.

• Like 1

Thanks dides!   Ohhhh no....   I was just waiting to hear this.

I knew that there would probably be some VIP and TA stuff.  But, this confirms that there could be many Back-2-Back guests onboard.   I will still be boarding at the first possible moment and heading to the Sanctuary.  (Which IMHO, Princess has totally missed the mark on the Sanctuary on the newer ships.  It is just like a large open deck with minimalistic industrial square loungers.  No nice design or decor or real designated seating area with real seats, tables, shade.)

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

Didn't they do something like that for the Sky Inaugural in 2019? Then opened up the VIP 3 day to everyone to fill the ship. We booked the 12/4/19 inaugural and 12/7/19 very early for a B2B. Later they opened up the 12/1/19 cruise. We booked it right away for a B2B2B.  I'll have to keep my eyes open if they do it for the Sun.

yep ... we were on the 12/4 ... couldn't make the 12/1 work for us at that time

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vividharp said:

Apologies if I missed it, have they announced the cost for Spellbound yet?

Not yet, this recent article says it still needs to be determined. We did discover that it will be bookable in 3 slots  - 5pm, 7pm, 9pm

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

I just want to thank you, dides, for finding and sharing all of this information!

Thank you - no more inaugural for us yet am still obsessed with hunting down information on this ship! I'm sure it will change once passengers get on board and start reporting back.

• Thanks 7