Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

I see that you are in one of the Cabana MiniSuites that are on the Sphere.

All other info shows that for those located on the Cabana Deck the balcony area is not covered.

Getting a Cabana with a covered or partially covered balcony might depend on the specific cabin/location?

Just making sure everyone reading understands.

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

I too am awaiting more videos on YouTube!!!

Exciting!!!

If there is any great info on FB or others,  a link might help, for those of us who do not do FB etc,

Currently,  any videos are posted on Sun Facebook. Give it time and the videos will be posted here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I too am awaiting more videos on YouTube!!!

Exciting!!!

If there is any great info on FB or others,  a link might help, for those of us who do not do FB etc,

there have been several photos of cabins on fb, not sure we are allowed to post here.

12 minutes ago, GlenG said:

The Deck 9 cabana mini-suite full-height blue glass balconies - absolute dealbreaker!!

I’m not sure what you mean by “dealbreaker”. 😮  I just saw on Facebook today the high glass on deck 9. Personally I was not impress. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cynbar said:

I just looked at the Deck 8 American Diner menu, which apparently doesn't change all cruise. Yikes. I might enjoy that style of food occasionally, but not on a regular basis. Is Deck 8 the one that is only walk up? We were thinking of going that route, but not if we're faced with American diner food on a regular basis. 

That's the beauty of cruising - it's only sea days, and you can get off the ship in port days for local cuisine. 

1 minute ago, DHP1 said:

I’m not sure what you mean my “dealbreaker”. 😮  I just saw on Facebook today the high glass on deck 9. Personally I was not impress. 

I meant if I had booked that cabin not knowing about it…I would probably sit down and weep. Worst balcony view ever.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GlenG said:

I meant if I had booked that cabin not knowing about it…I would probably sit down and weep. Worst balcony view ever.

That glass wall is at least 6 feet high. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DHP1 said:

That glass wall is at least 6 feet high. 

I think the FB poster said it was a Reserve cabana…they deserve all the perks they can get to make up for that view!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dides said:

Some initial pictures from FB

C1 Reserve Collection Cabana Mini Suite - credit Dave R

1000009204-2.jpg?w=1400&h=

C2 Reserve Collection Cabana Mini Suite - credit Rachel Marie L

1000009208.jpg?w=1400&h=

Cove Balcony - credit Sarah G

1000009197-1.jpg?w=1400&h=

1000009198-1.jpg?w=1400&h=

1000009199-1.jpg?w=1400&h=

1000009200-1.jpg?w=1400&h=

I hope my DB room on the 15th deck is better than what these pictures depict!

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I hope my DB room on the 15t deck is better than what these pictures depict!

I just saw a video on FB of a DB on deck 15, which looks very nice.  

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Boreal said:

Here are some pictures from the balcony of 17604 one with the longer balconies. From this high up its more a seeing thing then a be seen one. 

IMG_6129.jpeg

IMG_6128.jpeg

IMG_6127.jpeg

Deck 17 is just awful. Reminds me of Celebrity Solstice class ships with their aircraft carrier looking overhang!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Boreal said:

Here are some pictures from the balcony of 17604 one with the longer balconies. From this high up its more a seeing thing then a be seen one. 

IMG_6129.jpeg

IMG_6128.jpeg

IMG_6127.jpeg

That's our room later this year! Enjoy the cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRLD said:

Good luck on finding an attorney on that one. You booked the other expenses independently. Princess has refunded the money for what was purchased from them. They have provided some goodwill payments for airline change costs and FCC.

This is similar to a situation where one has an flight booked and the airline cancels the flight and one incurs a loss because they cannot use their hotel reservation. The liability is limited to the payments made to the airline.  Very similar situation.

ya, that's a reason why there's travel insurance.

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I see that you are in one of the Cabana MiniSuites that are on the Sphere.

All other info shows that for those located on the Cabana Deck the balcony area is not covered.

Getting a Cabana with a covered or partially covered balcony might depend on the specific cabin/location?

Just making sure everyone reading understands.

Yes  you are correct. I should have made that a bit more clear...these pics are just from the mini suite cabana in the sphere on deck 11. And also for reference we are on the starboard side. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boreal said:

IMG_6129.jpeg

IMG_6128.jpeg

IMG_6127.jpeg

This is the cabin type we have!  Super excited to see this!  We will face aft, so wind shouldn't be a problem!  Love this!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Nice! Thanks for the photos.  Do the doors from the cabana to the cabin fold out also?

I'm sorry I will admit I took these when we first boarded and have not been back up to the room since. I'm pretty sure the door from the cabin to the cabana open the same way.. .but will confirm once I'm in tha cabin again. We are having so much fun!!😊

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1