Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

8 hours ago, HokieTT said:

A $120 credit seems low for no Arena theater shows. I wonder if it’ll be ready for March 9.

People who paid for the Premier Package should $0.90 mores since according to the itemized details of their package they paid $0.09 per day for Reserved Seating in the theater.

4 hours ago, StevenW said:

No lift instructions. How many people will enter lifts, and then have to get back out again. Day1 of each sailing could be a little chaotic around the lifts. Thankfully the number of lifts has increased with this new ship.

Are there really that many people who have never seen this system before?  There's a very good chance that the hotel they stayed in the night before the cruise had the same system.  Can't remember the last time that I was in a Westin or a W that didn't have this system, and it's been this way for over a decade. 

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Looks terribly cramped.

Well, for all the people who complain about a lack of privacy while on their balconies, BOOM, they now have a solution! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, DRayeK said:

I heard somewhere that he'll be Zoomed in and won't be in person.  Might want to verify that if that's important to you.  

That makes sense since they said he'd be doing a presentation and I didn't think he could be on every cruise. That's fine. It's more the overall experience of spending mother/daughter time together and if it's a proper English tea (the free one on the Sky Princess last year didn't feel like one), it's worth it for us. 

13 hours ago, lstone19 said:

So with Premier, $5 for the soft ice cream but unlimited premium desserts. I guess I’ll order a premium dessert, eat one cone’s worth of the soft ice cream, and throw the rest away.

When we were Plus last year on Enchanted, none of the Premium desserts appealed to us.  I mentioned that I just wanted gelato, and the woman at the counter said I can have two free gelatos in place of the premium desserts/day, if I wanted.

Edited by Cruising Forever!
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Well, for all the people who complain about a lack of privacy while on their balconies, BOOM, they now have a solution! 

That’s me and I actually wouldn’t mind that long balcony! 😂 I think it just looks weird because of the camera lens

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pixelskaya said:

That’s me and I actually wouldn’t mind that long balcony! 😂 I think it just looks weird because of the camera lens

We booked a long balcony. For those complaining about privacy on their balconies, do you really believe that you have privacy on your balcony???  LOL!  Anyway, unless you give me a reason to look at your balcony, my eyes will be focused on the ocean.  (And please, don't give me a reason to look at you on your balcony... I'm probably trying to eat breakfast!!!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

What cabin is this?  Photo from another site, they didn't cite source or cabin type/number.

hallwaysun.jpg

This is definitely one of the sphere balconies. If you look at the video and pause it around the 5-6 second mark you can see into the sphere balconies (full screen is best). I have one of these on the Sun but trying to change the one I have booked for the Star. I don't spend that much time in my cabin, but it is different for sure. Won't be a game changer for me on the Sun. Just make the best of it. 🙂

1 hour ago, DRayeK said:

I heard somewhere that he'll be Zoomed in and won't be in person.  Might want to verify that if that's important to you.  

That is correct.  The Press Release states that he will be there via "virtual media."  

Chef McGrady shares his experiences and stories via visual media, interacting with the live host while guests enjoy a spot of tea

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

Lillie Rowe on fb posted those 2 chairs. She has a premium deluxe balcony in the Sphere area deck 10 SUN Princess this week.

Lillie Rowe has posted several photos of her premium deluxe balcony deck 10 sphere area in SUN. She is in fb.

27 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

This is definitely one of the sphere balconies. If you look at the video and pause it around the 5-6 second mark you can see into the sphere balconies (full screen is best). I have one of these on the Sun but trying to change the one I have booked for the Star. I don't spend that much time in my cabin, but it is different for sure. Won't be a game changer for me on the Sun. Just make the best of it. 🙂

1 minute ago, dog said:

Lillie Rowe has posted several photos of her premium deluxe balcony deck 10 sphere area in SUN. She is in fb.

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

From videos I've watched it seems to me that hanging space in the closets is much reduced from Grand and Royal class ships. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?

This is one of my biggest concerns for sure.  Looks to be about one third of the space that we have been used to.

• Like 1

Thank you dudes!!    I saw this earlier when I saw a new video was posted.

I was going to maybe post this link as an...  ON THE OTHER END OF THE SPECTRUM....

This shows the very shallow Royal Class balconies that you get on a bump-out section of the ship.

Small!!!

I thought about booking a DB on an inset section, with the larger balconies,  but they seem like about half a mile inset from the water!

NOTE TO SELF...  Next time when I am not totally sure which cabin to book, put a deposit down on TWO, so that we have the option for either one, when we know for sure.

We booked when rates were lower, so no way we are going to cancel are rebook now to get a Premium Deluxe Balcony.   The price difference at today's fares is just too much.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dides said:

Here are her some of her pics relating to her balcony:

FB_IMG_1709221992445.thumb.jpg.ab4920d0ad7d81724ed19fd101299d90.jpg

FB_IMG_1709221891970.thumb.jpg.9a7ad9af6908e76880abef9b44b1f222.jpg

FB_IMG_1709222221981.thumb.jpg.be5830d74829d058987133b3e8fca04c.jpg

FB_IMG_1709222005238.thumb.jpg.83ca4ecfb146ed4b1477f95bf653a82e.jpg

Wow! looks like a Prison yard with the high glass and basic looking furniture! 🥴

• Like 1

It is the 'prison yard' decor and basic minimalistic 'open deck' in the Sanctuary that is most disappointing!!!!  The welcoming character of the Piazza seems to be gone, as well????

Princess started this with elements on their ships on ships built after Regal.  

I am not one to complain about all 'change'...  or a 'larger ship'...

But, Princess seems to be losing the character that, to me, PCL has been known for.

Where are ANY welcoming areas with any 'decor' or actual comfortable seating???

We will see as more guest actually experience the new ship.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 5

I’m posting some photos here for anyone interested 🙂 they’re not great, taken in a rush the first day. I’ll take more if I get a chance but it should give you an idea.  

I’ve about 100 photos in total so keep checking, but with the internet speed I might be home before they all finish uploading 😅

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

wonderful ... four stars on yelp *

I’m guessing the missing 5th star is because whoever took the menu photos cut off the most important part…the DESSERT section! 😂 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Nekosabre said:

I’m posting some photos here for anyone interested 🙂 they’re not great, taken in a rush the first day. I’ll take more if I get a chance but it should give you an idea.  

I’ve about 100 photos in total so keep checking, but with the internet speed I might be home before they all finish uploading 😅

I reckon there will be some unhappy passengers in the Sanctuary with kids whizzing around constantly on the high wire above them on deck 19 😂

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2