Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Denmal said:

So the loungers in the sanctuary no longer are badded loungers ?? Wow...or did they just not add the pads yet?  It does seem like they added more people 

Go to post 2967 earlier in this thread to see a video of the Sanctuary.  Jump to 1:26 and watch a minute or so from there and you will see that not only are the lounge chairs unpadded, but the gentleman giving the tour concedes that the Sanctuary on Sun is "very different compared to Royal Class."  And yes, they added much more capacity.  324 pax on Sun compared to 60-100 on other ships.  The Sanctuary has two sections, one for regular paying guests and one area for Suite passengers.  The Suite area looks more like what you would be used to.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Cushions for the Sanctuary loungers....

There seems to be a LOT that is not finished onboard.

The things that we know about...  and many smaller things that we might not.

There are workers at work in the Dome...  Hot tub in the Sanctuary... the cabanas in the Sanctuary, and probably a good number of other areas.  (NO WAY THEY DID NOT KNOW WELL BEFOREHAND THAT THOSE FIRST SAILINGS WOULD BE CANCELLED)

I really do NOT see how Princess could begin to expect to charge for unpadded loungers...

Of course, we know how off-base and incompetent this corporation has been lately.

Whoever was in charge of finalizing the design and decor of the Sanctuary is another person who should no longer be with PCL.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am wondering about the section of actual PADDED loungers at the bow of the ship, in front of the Dome???  It is shown here, in this video. (great video of the Dome!) at about the 4:30 mark.

Thanks for the video. The Sea View Terrace is similar to the Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships.

28 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

More on Park19 and the Sanctuary. $499 for Cabanas

Thanks!

Are there any loungers in the shade in either area of the Sanctuary?

From your video and others I've seen  NONE of the loungers are in the shade.

2 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Cushions for the Sanctuary loungers....

There seems to be a LOT that is not finished onboard.

The things that we know about...  and many smaller things that we might not.

There are workers at work in the Dome...  Hot tub in the Sanctuary... and probably a good number of other areas.  (NO WAY THEY DID NOT KNOW WELL BEFOREHAND THAT THOSE FIRST SAILINGS WOULD BE CANCELLED)

I really do NOT see how Princess could begin to expect to charge for unpadded loungers...

Of course, we know how off-base and incompetent this corporation has been lately.

Whoever was in charge of finalizing the design and decor of the Sanctuary is another person who should no longer be with PCL.

Are you currently onboard to see the workers in the dome?

3 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thanks!

Are there any loungers in the shade in either area of the Sanctuary?

From your video and others I've seen  NONE of the loungers are in the shade.

I have no idea.. just saw that on YouTube.

Chamima,  I have seen some walk thru videos, and any shades area is from the 'tarps', at the entry area where there are some tables and chairs....   One wouldn't have a sea-view,  but I can see people wanting to make room there for their loungers, if there is any space to do so.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

They are padded on Discovery, right???   

DisSky-14105-1649542315.jpg

They have been padded on all of the ships we have been on, which I think is all of them except for the Sun.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

They are padded on Discovery, right???   

DisSky-14105-1649542315.jpg

The loungers you showed in a photo from Sun are the new non sanctuary area ones on Discovery.

They replaced the old ones a couple months ago. 

I stated "Same new lounge chairs on Discovery", I didn't say sanctuary. 

Here's a photo I took of lounge chairs on Discovery not in the sanctuary from last month. They appear to be the same loungers you showed in the sanctuary on Sun.

20240218_070333.jpg

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Maybe someone mistakenly put the padded loungers in the Sea View Terrace (which looks really nice btw) instead of the Sanctuary? 

Hey this is PCL, it could happen🤣

Edited by TYCruise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I did hear one comment that the Sanctuary cabanas are $499...  

Maybe that is something that will NOT be true.

Last I heard they often do not sell out at half that price.

Crazy.....

A cabana for the day at one of our favorite places in Southern California is $500, which does NOT include drinks or food. 

Princess is in Southern California, maybe they looked at what a local place is charging?

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

All we can do is hope that new padding/chairs show up on the SUN.

And hope... and hope... and hope....

Given that they more than tripled that capacity of the Sanctuary, and now have it divided into "Suite" and "non-Suite" areas, I think it is highly unlikely that we are going to see hundreds of nicely padded loungers in the non-Suite area.  The crew member giving the tour in the video I referred to earlier certainly did not leave the impression that the vast row of vinyl loungers that we saw in the non-Suite area are going to be anything other than what we saw.  It almost looks to me like the entire set-up is different, and instead of paying for and reserving a specific seating area for the length of the cruise, what you are buying is entry into a "Haven-esque" escape where there are several different seating options open to all who pay (on the non-Suite side), some of which are padded and many of which are not.  And if this is true, we will now have a new category of guest on board, which is the "Sanctuary Chair Hog".  Sort of like leaving the ranks of the amateurs and turning pro. 

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)

Maybe if enough of us post enough negative comments that include “Sanctuary” “chairs” “pads” they’ll get them onboard before the warmer weather.

I’ll post a comment once a day to up the negative comment count.

Edited by Vinnyv20032003
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

Maybe if enough of us post enough negative comments that include “Sanctuary” “chairs” “pads” they get them onboard before the warmer weather.

I’ll post a comment once a day to up the negative comment count.

While you are at it, post a daily comment about the Cabana "furnishings" using the words "Spartan", "sparse", "unfinished", "lacking" and "embarrassing".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

While you are at it, post a daily comment about the Cabana "furnishings" using the words "Spartan", "sparse", "unfinished", "lacking" and "embarrassing".  

We don’t even need full sentences. Just these KEYWORDS will suffice!

13 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

All of a sudden the Cabana area looks more inviting and relaxing then the Sanctuary🤩deckpic4.jpg.5555014ae0c350a2b6ee062f15ca5d52.thumb.jpg.f4f11960fe9a6f2d3d7ef4a994821827.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We will be on deck 16 for B2B the 19 March. I was wondering if there is a way to get access to the outside front deck from deck 16