Vueling Airlines

Desert Cruisers

Vueling is a Spanish low-cost airline that operates flights to a variety of destinations in Europe.

I’m using Vueling from CPH to AGP. Definitely an option for good value for money.  You just have to ensure that you are booked with the necessary luggage.

On 12/17/2022 at 5:54 AM, Desert Cruisers said:

Has anyone flown this airline?  We are considering using it for a flight next Fall from Gatwick to Rome (FCO).  Usually fly BA but their fares on the date that we need to travel are really high.  It appears to be the Friday before the Fall school holidays.

Have you looked at easyJet flights from Gatwick ? They have three or four flights a day to Rome. I would select them every time over Vueling.

Edited by wowzz

Double check the prices, like extras. You very likely have to pay for luggage and also if you want seat reservation. At easyjet better print you boardingpasses at home too. 

Edited by Ine

5 hours ago, Ine said:

Double check the prices, like extras. You very likely have to pay for luggage and also if you want seat reservation. At easyjet better print you boardingpasses at home too. 

I don't think Easy are any worse than Vueling in that respect.

Edited by wowzz

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

One of Globaliser's favorite bits:

But that was aimed very much at Ryanair.  Easy are obviously a loco airline, but have better business ethics than MoL's cheap and not so cheerful airline.

Thanks for the input.  Wouldn't be looking at alternatives if BA fare was a little more reasonable.  I have One World privileges - seat selection at time of booking, lounge access, etc.  Right now Economy Plus 1-way is GBP386 per person.  Maybe it will go down but, then again, maybe it won't!

6 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Thanks for the input.  Wouldn't be looking at alternatives if BA fare was a little more reasonable.  I have One World privileges - seat selection at time of booking, lounge access, etc.  Right now Economy Plus 1-way is GBP386 per person.  Maybe it will go down but, then again, maybe it won't!

That is a stupid price ! I doubt that easyjet,  even with seat selection, luggage costs etc would be much more than £150. 

On 12/19/2022 at 1:35 AM, wowzz said:

That is a stupid price ! I doubt that easyjet,  even with seat selection, luggage costs etc would be much more than £150. 

Well we once spent 700 dollars for two  to fly last minute on Ryanair domestic in Italy.     Rome airport had caught fire and all Alitalia flights were cancelled.  We were choked at the price but had to get to Venice that evening.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 12:54 AM, Desert Cruisers said:

Has anyone flown this airline?  We are considering using it for a flight next Fall from Gatwick to Rome (FCO).  Usually fly BA but their fares on the date that we need to travel are really high.  It appears to be the Friday before the Fall school holidays.

I flew Vueling in October (AMS-FCO) and found them quite satisfactory.  In response to someone requesting further information, this was my response:

——————

Yes, these are my observations of Vueling:

- The seats don’t recline but I found them more comfortable than Virgin.  I found them quite comfortable for the 2.5 hour flight from AMS to FCO, and could have gone longer if I had to.

- The arm rest is actually an elbow rest because they end halfway.  🤷‍♀️

-  All food & beverage is à la carte.  Not even a plastic cup of water!

- Soft music was played overhead throughout the flight, but with the noise from the engines you couldn’t really hear it.

- Fares vary to include cabin baggage (one bag, one personal item) or to not include cabin baggage (one personal item only).  The benefit to this was there was lots of overhead storage space.

- The flight left on time.

——————————

During that trip I was on 5 different airlines (both short- and long-haul) and traveled through 10 airports.  In terms of overall *economy seat comfort, here is my rating:

1st - Delta (short haul)

2nd - Lufthansa (short haul)

3rd - Vueling (short haul)

4th - Air France (long haul)

5th - Virgin (long haul)

*I was originally booked in Premium Economy with KLM but they cancelled all flights to my destination a few days before departure and I was left scrambling for whatever I could find, which was the last economy seat on Virgin. It was a close race to last place for Air France and Virgin, but Air France pulled ahead by a very slim margin due to the better seat recline.

My ratings for the short-haul flights on that trip, from best to worst in Economy, are:

1st - Air France

2nd - Delta Republic

3rd - Lufthansa

4th - Vueling

Edited by *Miss G*