2 questions - Currently on Celebrity Summit

Ekelley8804

Hi all,

I read on here somewhere that we were supposed to be given beach towels to take in port with us in our staterooms the night before we dock. So we didn’t bother packing any. We never received any and neither did our young adults in a separate room. When we got back to our room last night I thought hmm maybe they’ll be delivered in the morning. Nope. Then unfortunately I totally forgot in the hustle and bustle to check so now we’re sitting at the beach with no towels. Any idea what the deal is or where we can get some for Grand Cayman tomorrow?

Second question is I took my credit card off the young adults account and had them add theirs. Now they all have charges of $100-200. I’m assuming these are just holds on their accounts to be sure Celebrity gets their money at the end of the trip. Can anyone validate this?

Oh I also had read about an unofficial tea time? In Oceanview? We tried to find it yesterday but never saw it…

18 minutes ago, Ekelley8804 said:

Hi all,

I read on here somewhere that we were supposed to be given beach towels to take in port with us in our staterooms the night before we dock. So we didn’t bother packing any. We never received any and neither did our young adults in a separate room. When we got back to our room last night I thought hmm maybe they’ll be delivered in the morning. Nope. Then unfortunately I totally forgot in the hustle and bustle to check so now we’re sitting at the beach with no towels. Any idea what the deal is or where we can get some for Grand Cayman tomorrow?

Second question is I took my credit card off the young adults account and had them add theirs. Now they all have charges of $100-200. I’m assuming these are just holds on their accounts to be sure Celebrity gets their money at the end of the trip. Can anyone validate this?

Oh I also had read about an unofficial tea time? In Oceanview? We tried to find it yesterday but never saw it…

Why don't you talk to the room steward or go to guest services on the ship??

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ekelley8804 said:

Hi all,

And if all else fails, just get the towels from the pool deck and take them with you. We never pack beach/pool towels. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5

We have always received beach towels at turn down, the night before a beach port stop. You can ask your cabin attendant for towels or take towels from the pool area. As mentioned, the charges are a just in case hold. Not sure about the afternoon tea, but the treats from Al Baccio make for a nice afternoon snack. 

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

And if all else fails, just get the towels from the pool deck and take them with you. We never pack beach/pool towels. 

We sometimes pack cheap beach towels so I don't have to think about getting charged if I lose the towels.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

We sometimes pack cheap beach towels so I don't have to think about getting charged if I lose the towels.

They don't track if you take pool towels. They do monitor the return of the yellow towels left in your stateroom. We once dropped our wet yellow towels in a bin by the pool without realizing they were monitored. Our stateroom attendant asked if we had them so he could swap out for clean towels. We told them where we left them and he said ok, he would mark them as returned so we wouldn't be charged. Lesson learned.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Take responsibility and you won't be charged for the towels. 🙄  

I would rather just not have to care.  I am on vacation, why deal with something when you don't have to.  A cheap towel I bring on my own I think of as disposable.

• Haha 1